Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

WHO WILL WIN THE PREM

Horace - I'll take that bet as I strongly believe both Club's will be promoted, Hoddesdon are too inconsistent now following their positive start and with Haringey it's simply the 'Sugar' factor that rules them out as everything he touches turns to failure. Stony Stratford will be the biggest threat with the likes of Bedford, Cheshunt Reserves, Sport London e Benfica and New Bradwell St Peter also rans.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Horace - I'll take that bet as I strongly believe both Club's will be promoted, Hoddesdon are too inconsistent now following their positive start and with Haringey it's simply the 'Sugar' factor that rules them out as everything he touches turns to failure. Stony Stratford will be the biggest threat with the likes of Bedford, Cheshunt Reserves, Sport London e Benfica and New Bradwell St Peter also rans.

So, let's get this straight. I bet you the £10 which I may or may not owe you, that the top two at the end of the season does not include either Royston Town or Kentish Town. Is that correct?

Small print:
(i)This bet cancels any previous bet about Gordon Boateng between Rhodes on the one hand and Horace on the other.
(ii)If either of the two above mentioned teams finish in the top two, Rhodes is the winner of £10.00. In the event of both finishing in the top two, he still wins only £10.00.
(iii) In order for Horace to win, neither of the above mentioned teams must finish in the top two.
(iv)The final, official, league table produced by the Spartan South Midlands Football League shall be the only authority upon which the bet is settled.
(v) Neither Horace nor Rhodes is a legal entity , and therefore this bet is not binding in law on either party. Notwithstanding this, Horace on the one hand undertakes to pay the sum of £10.00 if he loses.
(vi) In the event that Sport London e Benfica never get their full first choice side out on the park at the same time, Horace reserves the right to withdraw from the bet.
(vii) If Hoddesdon Town finish in the top two, Horace will buy Roger a box of his favourite cigars, and look forward, with eager anticipation, to the local derbys!
(viii) If Haringey Borough finish in the top two, Rhodes shall parade up and down White Hart Lane carrying a large placard stating "I am Cliff Rhodes, and I am a prat", Rocket style!

Originally Posted By: Horace
The "one team" promoted from Premier Div looks permanent.

As it stands, the SSML will not be promoting any teams to level 4, grading completed or not. The UCL is the other league heading for non-promotion at the end of this season. All based on average PPG (across all Step 5 leagues at this point in time).

I take your point, Wader. I meant that the maximum number looks permanent. You also have to bear in mind that there may be leagues who cannot produce a champion with a ground grading.

Originally Posted By: Horace

So, let's get this straight. I bet you the £10 which I may or may not owe you, that the top two at the end of the season does not include either Royston Town or Kentish Town. Is that correct?

Horace - A very amusing post however you are mistaken in that my two for promotion are Royston Town and Kentish Town, possibly in that order but we'll see. I thought I made that clear.

I know I'm getting addled in my old age, but I thought that was what I'd offered? You only have to get one right to win the tenner! Get both wrong and you lose.

Yes that's right, thanks, it is New Year's Eve afterall and I've already had a couple of sherry's. Royston are nailed on for promotion even if Kentish Town might not be so you've already lost the bet, I'll give you a 14 day cooling off period in my small print if you wish.

I believe that even with their backing, Royston have left it just a tad too late.

You are the expert on TV films, Rhodes. Will I be able to lust over either Kate Beckinsale or Keira Twice-Knightley today?

Originally Posted By: Mcmullen
Who are your latest signings? Have you realeased any?

Sorry, missed that bit McMullen. We've recently signed Paul Burgess and Graham Rush (Mildenhall). And literally just signed Theo Ohene from Northwood as well and he'll be ready for action on Saturday. Bludy quick is young Theo!

Whats going on at Mildenhall there getting robbed isn't that where the much talked about Craig Hammond went to Royston from???

Originally Posted By: Wader
Originally Posted By: Mcmullen
Who are your latest signings? Have you realeased any?

Sorry, missed that bit McMullen. We've recently signed Paul Burgess and Graham Rush (Mildenhall). And literally just signed Theo Ohene from Northwood as well and he'll be ready for action on Saturday. Bludy quick is young Theo!

Lato, I notice you have Brimo as the worst team you have played and that whenever we are concerned you have only criticism for us. Its interesting as from what I remember we played you on a pitch that was not suitable for grazing cows or even growing vegetables. And even worse we were 2 games into the season and then the ground was ruled by the league unsuitable for football or human presence for that matter.

Hopefully when you come to brimo your players won't be confused by the pitch being flat and suitable for football as in passing on the ground which you can't do on a farm. Oh and I remember us winning that game with only 12 fit players and 5 playing out of position.

Happy New Year and see you at Brimo!

I've been waiting patiently for Lato to respond to Mrgallis's post accusing him of calling Brimsdown Rovers the worst team Ruislip Manor have faced so far this season which surely can't be right. It's not often that Lato causes controversy on here and digs a hole for himself infact I think this is the first occasion it has happened. For what it's worth Brimsdown have surprised a lot of people this season particularly following the Gordon Boateng fiasco back in July when he left the Club high and dry three weeks before the start, if they do get promotion it will be an amazing feat and I will be the first to congratulate them

Originally Posted By: Mrgallis
Lato, I notice you have Brimo as the worst team you have played and that whenever we are concerned you have only criticism for us. Its interesting as from what I remember we played you on a pitch that was not suitable for grazing cows or even growing vegetables. And even worse we were 2 games into the season and then the ground was ruled by the league unsuitable for football or human presence for that matter.
Hopefully when you come to brimo your players won't be confused by the pitch being flat and suitable for football as in passing on the ground which you can't do on a farm. Oh and I remember us winning that game with only 12 fit players and 5 playing out of position.

Happy New Year and see you at Brimo!

"Brimsdown did not impress against us earlier in the season and based on that performance its difficult to make a case for them but they've had good results since"

Worst team played - On the day Brimsdown Rovers.

Mrgallis, the above are the only two quotes I have made regarding Brimsdown on this board quoted in their entirity (if you have any other examples I may have overlooked let me know) . The first refers to the 'who will win the premier thread' when I discussed each of the top seven teams in turn. Yes you are correct the Manor pitch was embarassingly shocking (thats an understatement) at the start of the season and yes you did win the game (whether you had players unfit or playing out of position I obviously cannot know). To be honest I was expecting a little more from your side that afternoon as I thought pre season you would be one of the leading teams (I recall an understrength Manor side beating you 2-1 at your place in the CT last year biggrin1 and thinking that you looked a good outfit). However also notice how in my full quote I say you have gone on to say you have good results. As for the second quote well I haven't seen all games this season so i can only go on what games I have seen. Again I think the gap between my expectation of Brimsdown and the actual stuck in my mind hence the reason I picked you.

Its all about opinion based on the information I have - nothing more nothing less. Good luck for the rest of the season and Happy New Year.

Originally Posted By: Wader

For us, the season starts all over again next Saturday away at Chalfont. A new ethos of tightening up at the back and with a few changes of personnel and style elsewhere. Part 1 of the season is over and we are top despite not being that good in all areas. Part 2 of the season will see a different Bigg Town, but I suspect our rivals will all be looking to strengthen up as well.

I may be wrong but I think Wader is slowly starting to alienate all of us against Biggleswade Town with their 'big ideas' and 'big money' and I therefore assume I am speaking for everyone on the Forum (other than Wader of course) in saying that I hope anyone other than Biggleswade win the league and gain promotion to Step 4, this even includes Brimsdown Rovers which I never dreamt of hearing myself say in a million years. No offence as Wader comes across as a genuine guy but he does seem to think he's on the Board at Stamford Bridge or Old Trafford rather than at McMullen Park.

Ooh I say Rhodes, where did that come from? Before you start on this tack, are you willing to incur the wrath of Biggleswade Town's silent backers?

Horace - I take it from your post that you don't agree, it's unusual for you to sit on the fence and not offer any comment, do you know who Biggleswade Town's silent backers are then. Anyway I'm sure a man of Wader's stature owns a Blackberry so he will no doubt log on over his bovril during the interval at Blunts Wall Road to rebut my claims if he feels strongly enough.