Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

WHO WILL WIN THE PREM

Football Man - Which game will you be going to today taking into account the unfortunate postponements at Coles Park and The Barnet Copthall Stadium

Admin edit That club has a long enough thread of its own. Take your point there please.

Admin edit That club has a long enough thread of its own. Take your point there please.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
That doesn't answer my question

now you know how it feels.

TringArmy - Agreed but 2005/2006 was a very exciting two horse race between Hillingdon Borough and Oxford City, last season Edgware Town were always going to win it from day one and they deserved to do so.

TringArmy - Agreed but 2005/2006 was a very exciting two horse race between Hillingdon Borough and Oxford City, last season Edgware Town were always going to win it from day one and they deserved to do so.

7 clubs within 6 points of each other going into New Year looks better to me. It also means a lot of 6 pointers & should attract some big crowds. Today saw 131 at Beaconsfield vs Hanwell and then 147 at Langford vs Biggleswade Town, Biggest crowd of the season also for Levy vs Tring & Cockfosters vs Chalfont

Yes, this may actually go some way to endorsing Horace's old chesnut of a Boxing Day and New Years Day programme when crowds would undoubtably be well above average however you have to admire the SSML hierarchy for sticking to their guns as Christmas is a religious holiday at the end of the day and all Horace is interested in is the money side of it.

Originally Posted By: Mcmullen
Wader

Saw the result today the rare thing that is a draw, was this a reflection or wind affected like our tough home win today.
Still top after a potentially tricky fixture... keep smiling smile

The conditions played their part in a generally dull match and our first draw of the season. That said, we had 3 excellent first half chances including a post wacking. At the back end of the game Langford had their best 2 chances as we pressed forward in numbers - all to no avail. We were the better side and deserved the points, but losing Heron at the start of the second half wasn't good and he'll be out for a few crucial weeks now. Jamie Steele came on (with the flu) and did well despite how ill he clearly was. It was important today to stop the leaking of goals that we have been guilty of all season. We did that and it was pleasing. All 3 officials by the way had an excellent game and very pleasing to see that too.

For us, the season starts all over again next Saturday away at Chalfont. A new ethos of tightening up at the back and with a few changes of personnel and style elsewhere. Part 1 of the season is over and we are top despite not being that good in all areas. Part 2 of the season will see a different Bigg Town, but I suspect our rivals will all be looking to strengthen up as well.

The real competition, the real nail biting and the real thing starts Saturday!

Yes, this may actually go some way to endorsing Horace's old chesnut of a Boxing Day and New Years Day programme when crowds would undoubtably be well above average however you have to admire the SSML hierarchy for sticking to their guns as Christmas is a religious holiday at the end of the day and all Horace is interested in is the money side of it.

Although I'm trying to ignore you and your garbage, I have to respond to this one! Boxing Day is a traditional SPORTING day - top football, racing etc. It is not a religious day. You are just being bloody minded so as to oppose the popular view! Even the Essex Senior League had a full programme on Boxing Day, despite not having enough fixtures in a season to fill Saturdays.Much as I dislike all things Essex (except Paula!), they have got this right!

In my humble opinion, a draw was absolutely the right result yesterday, Biggleswade were best in the first half (with the wind behind them) and we had a much stronger second half. Generally, I agree with the comment regarding the officials, although where as two of our players were booked and quite rightly so, there were a couple of 'studs up' challenges that went unpunished on the other side. I don't know if the 'illness and injury' comment is an excuse or not, but just to say we were missing our first choice keeper and both our captain and vice captain although I don't think the result would or should have been any different. With regard to the eventual champions, I would say at present Biggleswade are only slightly behind Chalfont who were exeptional at our place recently, bearing in mind I have not seen Brimo.

On another matter, our new 'Ted Rutt' stand was officially opened by Ted's widow yesteday and what a day to do it with 147 spectators at the game

Miko - I take your point on the studs up challenge (the one that I saw) but, your player wasn't actually anywhere near it when Neil Morgan went for the ball, he isn't that kind of player anyway. Your keeper was noticably very young, but nevertheless had a good game and whilst I was making no excuses for Heron going off, we too could claim Captain not present due to illness along with several others out injured. It wasn't about who wasn't there, but who was and in typical derby match fashion it was hardly a spectacle. Langford did well in cutting out our attacks, we changed formation to stay mean at the back and in the end it was all a bit dull.

Congrats on the stand opening and of course thanks for the hospitality, excellent and second to none so far this season. By the way, the players loved the sarnies with the flags stuck in them saying what filling they had!

Originally Posted By: Horace

Although I'm trying to ignore you and your garbage, I have to respond to this one! Boxing Day is a traditional SPORTING day - top football, racing etc. It is not a religious day.

pedant time horace.... chat

boxing day is st stephens day as in the feast of stephen and is a very religious day to those that partake in these matters...

St. Stephen's Day, or the Feast of St. Stephen, is a Christian saint's day celebrated on 26 December in the Western Church. It commemorates St Stephen, the first Christian martyr or protomartyr.

us ungodly philistines of course just like it because its an excuse for a game of footie..a pi55 up and a £5 win treble at kempton.. grin