Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

WHO WILL WIN THE PREM

And you say you don't hold grudges, that's exactly why you have had it in for Kentish Town since the ill fated groundshare

Originally Posted By: eagles1981

Are these applications to leave the league due to promotion? Not relevant to Division 1 teams?

The applications are for promotion to Step 4. It includes ground grading fee etc. If the eventual SSML Premier Champions come May 2008 haven't applied for a promotion slot by tomorrow then they cannot be promoted. Of course the ground grading inspection needs to be a success as well.

Evening Coupy. You're right about the Northern League.

The final throw of the dodgy FA dice at the end of this season though could see two Step 5 league champions and graded clubs from the southern regions not promoted on average PPG. I sniff the potential for a loud and litigious mess looming.

The "one team" promoted from Premier Div looks permanent. It doesn't affect promotion from Div 1 though, as that is (in theory) a straight swap - two relegated from Prem ,two promoted.

Why would you be concerned about that, surely you're not suggesting that Sport London e Benfica will be thereabouts in April

Only twice in the past 7 seasons has the second placed team dropped more than 24 points. Currently only Haringey (17 dropped), Hoddesdon (18), Stoney Stratford (20), and New Bradwell St Peter(23) can beat that! Royston must be considered a possible exception, on 24 dropped so far, in view of their millionaire backer. My money is on Haringey and Hoddesdon!

Originally Posted By: Horace
Only twice in the past 7 seasons has the second placed team dropped more than 24 points. Currently only Haringey (17 dropped), Hoddesdon (18), Stoney Stratford (20), and New Bradwell St Peter(23) can beat that! Royston must be considered a possible exception, on 24 dropped so far, in view of their millionaire backer. My money is on Haringey and Hoddesdon!

Horace - Those are fascinating statistics and thanks for posting them but statistics are there to be broken, such as West Ham being bottom of the Premiership at Christmas last season, and I think Royston are bankers for promotion, I don't believe either Haringey or Hoddesdon will join them.

Of course it's the exception that proves the rule! Every now and then someone bucks the trend.

I thought it was West Brom in 2004-5 who were the only club to escape after being bottom at Christmas?

I'll bet you the tenner I may or may not owe you that neither Royston nor Kentish Town will finish in the top two!