Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Kits

Since the Conference, off the top of my head:

2002-03: Red Reporter shirt, grey reporter shirt (2)

2003-04: Blue Reporter shirt, red Gladwish shirt, blue Gladwish shirt (3)

2004-05: Same as previous season

2005-06: New red GLS shirt, gold GLS shirt (2)

2006-07: Red Austrian shirt, blue Austrian shirt (2)

2007-08: Red Eurostar shirt, yellow Eurostar shirt (2)

Eleven. Or 13 if you want to count the two Shephered Neame kits from the season before.

From what I have read from the more sensible MyFC sheeple that have posted here - Red home shirts are not likely to be changed, and the inclusion of a MyFC badge was seen as a big no-no as well.

However, as it's a democratic organisation - I guess there's nothing to stop them having a vote on anything!

Originally Posted By: PatMan
From what I have read from the more sensible MyFC sheeple that have posted here - Red home shirts are not likely to be changed, and the inclusion of a MyFC badge was seen as a big no-no as well.

Thats the way I see it too. The only discussion I have seen really is about the away colours and a lot of that was by the regulars, as the yellow is not a traditional colour. White and black was said to be more traditional if there was anything that you would call traditional.

I think ANY change of the kit this summer will lead to huge resentment from Fleet fans, who have had kit changes nearly as often as that ManUre crowd.

It would be change for change sake, and could lead to a big 'them and us' division between the MyFC instigated new shirts vs the original supporters in the current kit.

Originally Posted By: PatMan
I think ANY change of the kit this summer will lead to huge resentment from Fleet fans, who have had kit changes nearly as often as that ManUre crowd.

It would be change for change sake, and could lead to a big 'them and us' division between the MyFC instigated new shirts vs the original supporters in the current kit.

Agreed, it is entirely unneccesary and makes no difference in the operation of the team. But makes a big differece in identification with the team. I'm happy with the current home kit, I'm happy with the away kit. I am however not happy with a move to black and white stripes, which have nothing to do with the club. The club logo is half red, half yellow. This is reflected in our kit.

I can understand it if a new manufacturer comes on board but is there any grounding for this or is it just MyFC rumour?

Think about it, Will and his eilte Fellowship of the Ring have been busy with due diligence for the last couple of months. I doubt that they have been in kit negotiations for a club that they currently have no say in.

Originally Posted By: Jeff
I can understand it if a new manufacturer comes on board but is there any grounding for this or is it just MyFC rumour?

Think about it, Will and his eilte Fellowship of the Ring have been busy with due diligence for the last couple of months. I doubt that they have been in kit negotiations for a club that they currently have no say in.

Just perhaps a certain person wants the 'Fleet to replicate his favourite club Fulham? Hence the reason for black and white.

Just goes to show exactly what the MyFC 'people' know about the tradition of the 'Fleet. The clubs historical 'rivals' are Dartford, who just happen to play in black and white.

Its like Man United playing in City's pale blue, Birmingham City playing in claret and blue or Spurs playing in red with white sleeves.

They clearly don't know what the hell they are doing, or on what next to raise as a possible thing to vote on to antagonisethe clubs real supporters.

Why don't they also just p155 off and take their money and the problems that will undoubtably go with it, elsewhere?

I was thinking more that there might be people on there who are sales execs for sportswear firms stirring things up.

I totally agree with the sentiment John but disagree on the money side of things. It's going to be very useful for all sorts of reasons.

Some of the opinions I have read though have shocked me to the core.

My theory is that a lot of people will leave it disillusioned after the first year.