Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Biggleswade Town

Originally Posted By: samuelsmiles
Wader, we're hopefully going to make a trip to your quaint little village tomorrow for the Harefield game.

Like you went to Welwyn Garden City you mean

Ok Clifford, you've pushed me too far this time.

The reason I couldn't make it to Welwyn a couple of weeks ago had nothing to do with Wealdstone or my brother ringing me too late to make that game.

I had mule problems ok. What with the credit crunch and the spiralling cost of hay I couldn't afford to feed her up enough and she just wouldn't have made that kind of distance.

It's economics Cliffy. Muleconomics.

Up the Hares and Up Yours, Samuel 'the Harefield horseman' Smiles grin

Why do they call him the Harefield horseman, is he glamourous and dashing like Robin Hood?

No, he looks like a horse. grin

Originally Posted By: samuelsmiles
Wader, we're hopefully going to make a trip to your quaint little village tomorrow for the Harefield game.

We would like to make a day of it so were wondering if you had anything else going on tomorrow, jousting, witch burning...that kinda thing.

Also, we are coming by mule and would be looking for somewhere to keep ye animals overnight, any ideas?

Farewell, Up the Hares and Up Yours, Sir Samuel of Harefieldium Smiles

Sir Smiles, it's the feast of St Guts of The Privvy on the morrow and I understand there is an eat as much as you can banquet going on at Ye Olde China Garden Inn. You can also tether your mules here for the night, but from this stable they regularly disappear never to be seen again for some strange reason. Witchcraft probabaly. By the way we don't burn witches anymore (not regularly anyway), but trial by water in The River Ivel is a regular happening at tavern closing time.

You have to pay a toll remember to enter Second Meadow for your match and I can warn you that the sticking of pins in dolls is strictly limited to tall thin ones bearing suitcases of unwanted programmes. These are available at most good SSML club shops of course for just a few groats.

Sir Wader of the Biggleswades, I am indebted to you for your news. We too hath problems of disappearing stock up the Harefields way.

We have allayed these problems to a degree by the chucking in of suspected witches to the river colnium. If you see'eth a floater you must burn them, and burn them well Sir. I'm sure St Guts of the Privvy would not entertain such floaters.

Up the Harefields and Up Yours, Sir Sam Mule of Smiles grin