Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Biggleswade Town

Originally Posted By: AWK

Back in the 2004 all the teams in Division One without floodlights were relegated (Pitstone & Ivinghoe, Kings Langley and The 61 FC (Luton), none who finished in a relegation place) while teams in Div 2 with floodlight got promoted regardless of where they finished-Winslow (2nd), Arlesey Ath (3rd), Cranfield (7th), Kentish Town (10th) and Amersham Town (16th).

Kentish Town were groundsharing at the time, but with what club i dont know of the top of my head, either Haringey or Potters Bar.

Hadn't KT only been in Div Two for one season as well?

Looking at the league table for 2003-04, what happened to Old Dunstablians? Did they become Dunstable Town 98 or AFC Dunstable (and if so, why)? They both appeared the following season when Old D disappeared.

Originally Posted By: Special1
Rhodes do you read what you write, or think before you speak or even realise what you are saying? doh

What are you referring to. It's common knowledge that Kentish Town won promotion to Division 1 in 2003/2004 after one season in Division 2 due to a reorganisation, Football Man has given you his version of events which is partly accurate but not entirely

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Rhodes do you read what you write, or think before you speak or even realise what you are saying? doh

What are you referring to. It's common knowledge that Kentish Town won promotion to Division 1 in 2003/2004 after one season in Division 2 due to a reorganisation, Football Man has given you his version of events which is partly accurate but not entirely

ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz brwn_md_wht

Keeper no one - Rhodes has no say whatsoever in who and who cannot post on this forum. You are welcome. There are plenty of posters on here who do not support/play for SSML clubs.

Thank you Wader

another weekend washed out with more rain forecast ...so from one wet environment to another, i'm off swimming

Originally Posted By: hordes
says the t**t from the club without their own ground

Funny that, I don’t see any other football team there!

Wouldn't this be a little unfair on the other teams in Division 2, it means that any Club can negotiate a groundshare deal on a ground with floodlights purely to gain promotion to Division 1.

Back in the 2004 all the teams in Division One without floodlights were relegated (Pitstone & Ivinghoe, Kings Langley and The 61 FC (Luton), none who finished in a relegation place) while teams in Div 2 with floodlight got promoted regardless of where they finished-Winslow (2nd), Arlesey Ath (3rd), Cranfield (7th), Kentish Town (10th) and Amersham Town (16th).

Kentish Town were groundsharing at the time, but with what club i dont know of the top of my head, either Haringey or Potters Bar.

Special1 – and the reason you share a ground with Hanwell is……..?????????????? Kettle Pot Springs to mind.

Originally Posted By: Wader
Originally Posted By: Football Man
I have to confess, it was my fault!

Right! Let's get him lads......... duel

Wader, it doesn’t matter about that anymore. No one has been able to relegate us anyway which proves we are good enough to be there.

Just out of interest which clubs currently ground share, I mean permanent here not the likes of Bigg Town. I will hazard a guest that the clubs that share (Kentish and SLB) haven’t been around as long as your clubs, when ground and buildings where cheap as chips to purchase/make. I would guest the average cost to buy and build in London these days would be Millions.

Good point. Well made and well argued.
Cec - over to you (zzzzzzz)

Wader - Football Man may well have piped up at the AGM in 2004 however it could have been anyone, we were grateful to him at the time but he undid all that good when we groundshared at Parkfield and we found out what he was really like, a wolf in sheeps clothing sprang very much to mind.

Good point. Well made and well argued.
Cec - over to you (zzzzzzz)

Wader - Football Man may well have piped up at the AGM in 2004 however it could have been anyone, we were grateful to him at the time but he undid all that good when we groundshared at Parkfield and we found out what he was really like, a wolf in sheeps clothing sprang very much to mind.

does the sheep know about this?
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

brwn_md_wht

Originally Posted By: HTFCew

Hadn't KT only been in Div Two for one season as well?

Looking at the league table for 2003-04, what happened to Old Dunstablians? Did they become Dunstable Town 98 or AFC Dunstable (and if so, why)? They both appeared the following season when Old D disappeared.

Old Dunstablians changed their name to AFC Dunstable. I think the idea for it was that they wanted to become more of a cummunity club and the name change reflected this.

Dunstable Town 98 were the reserve side of Dunstable Town and had played in the reserve section of the SSML the season before.

Thanks AWK - I've just looked at the FCHD and the 98 team were actually allowed to enter the Vase in 2005-06. Was it well known that they were D Town's reserve team? I wouldn't have thought that would have been allowed. Also, Dunstable Town were only 2 steps above in that season.

It was a strange set up and on the Dunstable website they were known as the "rogue" reserve team. Without knowing the ins and outs of what happened at Dunstable it looked like DT 98 become a "first team" in its own right and very rarely done what Dunstable Town wanted them too which led them to be disbanded.

Is that Rhodes-speak for "No, I wasn't at the AGM"?

The next incarnation of Rhodesworld will have to include a translation guide.

Originally Posted By: Willo the Cat

Wouldn't this be a little unfair on the other teams in Division 2, it means that any Club can negotiate a groundshare deal on a ground with floodlights purely to gain promotion to Division 1.

Special1 – and the reason you share a ground with Hanwell is……..?????????????? Kettle Pot Springs to mind.

Unfortunately, sometimes you defend Rhodes just for the sake of it and come across as one of his pawns. This is one of those times and you are missing the point.

I am not doing a Rhodes and criticising those who groundshare because that would be daft because we too groundshare.
I am, however, criticising Rhodes for doing just that. He says it is unfair and yet ... in your words: Kettle Pot Springs

Special1 - Whilst you're racking your brains trying to dream up a reply to TheSpursFans excellent question could you also clarify whether Sport London e Benfica will definitely be playing at Reynolds Field next season.

Will Kentish Town definitely be playing at Copthall Stadium in say, 2 season's time? I ask because you don't seem to have a good record in the longevity of groundhsare agreements.

Copthall for instance looks a bit ramshackle, would it meet the basic Step 5 grading requirements?

Special1 - Whilst you're racking your brains trying to dream up a reply to TheSpursFans excellent question could you also clarify whether Sport London e Benfica will definitely be playing at Reynolds Field next season.

when you get your own ground then you can be a smart [****!!****]
till then ............feck off wan*er

dont forget your family credits

brwn_md_wht

Copthall for instance looks a bit ramshackle, would it meet the basic Step 5 grading requirements?

Wader - Are you serious, I think you need to pay us a visit. The waves of groundhoppers that have visited us so far this season have all said that the ground is probably good enough at present to host Conference South football. Yes we certainly hope to still be plying our trade at the Copthall Stadium in two seasons time if not much longer than that, our past history of groundshares is not of our own making and we were dictated to, Robert Mugabe style, by Haringey, Potters Bar and Hendon which isn't the case now.