Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Biggleswade Town

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: HTFCew
There is only one team currently in Div 2 who play under lights - Crawley Green are sharing at Barton, so they could be promoted

Wouldn't this be a little unfair on the other teams in Division 2, it means that any Club can negotiate a groundshare deal on a ground with floodlights purely to gain promotion to Division 1. Crawley Green could finish third behind Kings Langley and AFC Dunstable yet still go up.

Note the word in bold

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
There is only one team currently in Div 2 who play under lights - Crawley Green are sharing at Barton, so they could be promoted

Wouldn't this be a little unfair on the other teams in Division 2, it means that any Club can negotiate a groundshare deal on a ground with floodlights purely to gain promotion to Division 1. Crawley Green could finish third behind Kings Langley and AFC Dunstable yet still go up.

The general rule is that groundshares have to be in place and sanctioned at least a season before promotion is allowed (esp if sharing at a higher level club).

Wouldn't this be a little unfair on the other teams in Division 2, it means that any Club can negotiate a groundshare deal on a ground with floodlights purely to gain promotion to Division 1.

I'm sorry, and correct me if I'm barking up the wrong tree, but how did Kentish Town get to Division 1? I'm sure Eagles told me it wasn't via promotion.

NeutralFan - Don't you mean Special1 is priceless, he is slowly becoming the new Football Man on here with his little digs at Kentish Town just because I have exposed him over his antics in the Inner City World Cup where I understand that he is not flavour of the month with the organisers of the tournament by any means.

Yes but I am sincere, I sent you those clippings didn't I when I didn't have to bother, are you sincere as I have been hearing some toe curling stories about you from the organisers of the Inner City World Cup

Originally Posted By: Special1
Wouldn't this be a little unfair on the other teams in Division 2, it means that any Club can negotiate a groundshare deal on a ground with floodlights purely to gain promotion to Division 1.

I'm sorry, and correct me if I'm barking up the wrong tree, but how did Kentish Town get to Division 1? I'm sure Eagles told me it wasn't via promotion.

Back in the 2004 all the teams in Division One without floodlights were relegated (Pitstone & Ivinghoe, Kings Langley and The 61 FC (Luton), none who finished in a relegation place) while teams in Div 2 with floodlight got promoted regardless of where they finished-Winslow (2nd), Arlesey Ath (3rd), Cranfield (7th), Kentish Town (10th) and Amersham Town (16th).

Kentish Town were groundsharing at the time, but with what club i dont know of the top of my head, either Haringey or Potters Bar.

AWK - Thanks for clearing that up, you got back quick from Orient or didn't you go

Originally Posted By: AWK
Back in the 2004 all the teams in Division One without floodlights were relegated (Pitstone & Ivinghoe, Kings Langley and The 61 FC (Luton), none who finished in a relegation place) while teams in Div 2 with floodlight got promoted regardless of where they finished-Winslow (2nd), Arlesey Ath (3rd), Cranfield (7th), Kentish Town (10th) and Amersham Town (16th).

Kentish Town were groundsharing at the time, but with what club i dont know of the top of my head, either Haringey or Potters Bar.

Rhodes do you read what you write, or think before you speak or even realise what you are saying? doh

says the twat from the club without their own ground

you are a complete and utter [****!!****]*r rhodes

brwn_md_wht

Hordes - There you go again, at this rate you're nailed on for next years Forum Gayer of the Year Award

Hordes - There you go again, at this rate you're nailed on for next years Forum Gayer of the Year Award

rhodes you are what is known in the real world
as a waster.........just keep on posting sad boy
and taking pride in the fact even your kids are
ashamed to call you 'dad' and only recognise you
as 'that freak on the forum' brwn_md_wht

I have to confess, it was my fault! At the SSML AGM, clubs were told that Div 1 needed to be all-floodlit that season and, in order to make it viable (i.e not have teams playing each other three times, etc.), the Committee recommended a mass promotion of clubs with lights from Div 2 to Div 1. Then silly ol' me said "What about Kentish Town? They will be sharing with Haringey this season." They were then added to the list. Gregg came over and thanked me afterwards.

Rhodes do you read what you write, or think before you speak or even realise what you are saying? doh

Hahaha, well spotted Special 1. Cecil will ignore that comment in his usual 'I'm better than everyone on here' attitude he's adopted lately.

Originally Posted By: Football Man

I have to confess, it was my fault! At the SSML AGM, clubs were told that Div 1 needed to be all-floodlit that season and, in order to make it viable (i.e not have teams playing each other three times, etc.), the Committee recommended a mass promotion of clubs with lights from Div 2 to Div 1. Then silly ol' me said "What about Kentish Town? They will be sharing with Haringey this season." They were then added to the list. Gregg came over and thanked me afterwards.

i forgive you my son......
now go and say 16 'Hail Marys' and desist from rubbing your
groin for 2 days

brwn_md_wht