Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Biggleswade Town

I wonder what the odds are of having three out of three bad landlords? Oh well, back to Copthall's status, groundhoppers think that places like Wanstead Flats are well appointed. I wouldn't take too much notice of that. Have you asked the league to consider the facilities in the light of eventual promotion to Step 5 in say 4 or 5 years time?

No I haven't personally asked the SSML, that would be up to our Secretary, but why would we have to ask them to consider our facilities to play at Step 5 level which will hopefully be next season.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
No I haven't personally as brwn_md_whtked the SSML, that would be up to our Secretary, but why would we have to ask them to consider our facilities to play at Step 5 level which will hopefully be next season.

so...WHAT did you do with those business cards?

No I haven't personally asked the SSML, that would be up to our Secretary, but why would we have to ask them to consider our facilities to play at Step 5 level which will hopefully be next season.

So you claim that you are going to be promoted at the end of this season? Wow! Good luck with that and I admire your potentially premature bragging. Ermmmmmm, no I don't.

Originally Posted By: hordes

so...WHAT did you do with those business cards?

What business cards

Originally Posted By: Special1
Unfortunately, sometimes you defend Rhodes just for the sake of it and come across as one of his pawns. This is one of those times and you are missing the point.

I am not doing a Rhodes and criticising those who groundshare because that would be daft because we too groundshare.
I am, however, criticising Rhodes for doing just that. He says it is unfair and yet ... in your words: Kettle Pot Springs

I haven’t missed the point, there is a difference from when KTFC were promoted, that was under the restructuring of the FA. It was pure luck that at the time they were sharing a facility that allowed them to be promoted it wasn’t pre meditated. If the established teams at step 7 had floodlights and met the criteria they were promoted too. I saw this happen in the Wessex league when it took place too, some happy clubs some upset clubs.

Anyway, in the long term there is no financial gain to being a ‘tenant’ at someone else’s ground unless they let you use all the facilities for free (which I doubt any business would)!

Originally Posted By: Wader
Copthall for instance looks a bit ramshackle

Wader - I believe that your new stadium will incorporate an indoor training area with a gymnasium and health facilities, that's pretty impressive as it will generate extra income during the week and close season when there's no football taking place.

Has The Copthall got an alcohol premises licence yet? And if it has, who is the DPS and personal licence holder? And does anyone know whether ground grading can be affected by the absence of said documents and personnel?

Jonno - No it hasn't and we're not particularly interested in getting one, the demon drink can cause all sorts of un-necessary problems. It's not the be all and end all and we're more concerned with our performances on the field of play as opposed to making a few extra quid.

Originally Posted By: Jonno
Has The Copthall got an alcohol premises licence yet? And if it has, who is the DPS and personal licence holder? And does anyone know whether ground grading can be affected by the absence of said documents and personnel?

The grading only requires refreshment facilites. They don't have to be alholoic refreshments.

I am a personal license holder and previous DPS. It's worth while having said license in many ways.

Jonno - No it hasn't and we're not particularly interested in getting one, the demon drink can cause all sorts of un-necessary problems. It's not the be all and end all and we're more concerned with our performances on the field of play as opposed to making a few extra quid.

So when we visit The Copthall, there is no chance of you buying me a drink of the non soft variety?

Wader - I believe that your new stadium will incorporate an indoor training area with a gymnasium and health facilities, that's pretty impressive as it will generate extra income during the week and close season when there's no football taking place.

I see you've Googled Biggleswade Town FC and found the planning notes from a Town Council meeting on the subject.

Perhaps but why didn't you broadcast this previously, it's unlike you not to shout about your achievements and future plans from the roof tops

Perhaps but why didn't you broadcast this previously, it's unlike you not to shout about your achievements and future plans from the roof tops

Pot

Kettle

Black

Originally Posted By: Willo the Cat
Expecting a long painful 90mins then Jonno?

Not as painful as someone else I know....

You have to ask the question why Wader tried to conceal the fact that Biggleswade Town's new stadium will incorporate an indoor training area with a gymnasium and health facilities.

Why do I have to ask the question?

No disrespect to Wader (a fine, upstanding member of this community as well as a fair and just moderater) but I have little or no interest in what facilities his clubs new ground will have.

Couldnt care less if Im honest!!