Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Biggleswade Town

Hi All..

Looks like one of my local clubs is still in with a good shout of promotion.. Would be great if they could go up and try there luck in the southern/ryman league! Does anybody know wether they have to finish top or would they still be able to go up if they finished second? Also what is the situation with the ground grading for the level above?? When would there ground need to be ready and inspected by or can it be done on plans? I thought that it should of been open by now but there doesn't seem to be a great deal of news coming out about the progress of the ground or when it might open in the local press or the clubs website?

Finally do we think that Bigg Town are good enough to finish in the promotion place/s of the ssml anyway? Last time i watched them at bedford i was impressed but was told that the squad is very small...( for example just one keeper and three forwards) so you wonder what will happen if injuries and suspension kick in to some key players like the goalkeeper (springham i think) and the a couple of the forwards(herron and steele?) as they tend to at this time of year..

Anyway as i said im looking forward to seeing what bigg town(and st neots) can do in the last third of this season and am looking forward to hopefully watching one if not both of them in the southern/ryman league next season!

Sorry Rhodes.. Correct me if i am wrong here but i thought the original purpose of this forumn was to talk about the south midlands leage and its member clubs and the football that they are involved in and there progression etc.. I understand that you seem to see it as the equivalent of a school playground where you can ruin everybodys sensible and often interesting threads with your inane, mindless drivel but please at least try not to shoot down in flames anybody that does try to use the forum for its correct purspose and instead just leave them to get on with it!

This is a perfect example of why Rhodes has so many detractors on here! Rhodes, if you can't make a sensible contribution, keep off!

Some of us are waiting for Wader's reply.

Originally Posted By: Part Time
Hi All..

Looks like one of my local clubs is still in with a good shout of promotion..

Part Time, you seem keen and that's great. Both clubs you mention are in the ascendancy for the moment and that's also great. As for Bigg Town's squad, well as we ground share at Bedford for the moment there is no ressies team and that is a hindrance to the gaffer no doubt. However, he has made some astute acquisitions within the pre-set and reasonably modest budget, but it means that the squad is not big. I do believe though that through any season players come and go and the manager at any one time has a pool large enough to satify the basic requirement. Whether that will be good enough for a championship finish (only that will give a chance of promotion and even that isn't guaranteed!) we will have to wait and see. Perhaps our fling at the top of the table is indeed premature, it would be easier in our own ground and with a reserve side as valuable back up.

I cannot answer the ground question except to say that it will open when it opens. It is tough on a tight budget to produce a quality product on an 11 acre virgin flood plain site within 12-15 months. We will be within that time frame from beginning to opening though. And yes, it will need to pass the ground grading by March 31st if Bigg Town find themselves in a position to go up a step. But there are a group of decent sides this season in the Prem and I'm sure the dash for the finishing line will be a fascinating and very hard fought one.

We too look forward to seeing you at a game soon.

Originally Posted By: thespursfan
and here are todays scores
sensible post town 1, usual service 3
scorers SPT Parttime
US Rhodes , Part time (og) Horace
a crowd invasion failed to stop play (again)

Yes but you have to admit that Part Time's initial post was mind numbing despite having the best intentions, I also don't believe members want to hear about Biggleswade Town all the time particularly as if they go up to the Ryman League they will have only bought their way there making few friends along the way.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

Yes but you have to admit that Part Time's initial post was mind numbing despite having the best intentions, I also don't believe members want to hear about Biggleswade Town all the time particularly as if they go up to the Ryman League they will have only bought their way there making few friends along the way.

aux contraire m'sieur rhodsey... I like to hear about BT and their current success as its been a long time coming as the rght hon chairman dug into his worn out pockets for many more years than I care to recall....now I know their budget and if thats buying success then we can all afford it...get that bar up wader and lets all go mad for one night in biggleswade.... yay drinkies

I'll bring the champers you get the slovakian lap dancers... grin

aux contraire m'sieur rhodsey... I like to hear about BT and their current success as its been a long time coming as the rght hon chairman dug into his worn out pockets for many more years than I care to recall....now I know their budget and if thats buying success then we can all afford it...get that bar up wader and lets all go mad for one night in biggleswade.... yay drinkies

I'll bring the champers you get the slovakian lap dancers... grin

i can bring a pole brwn_md_wht

Yes good point but I bet they won't be missed in the SSML Premier Division next season in the same way Edgware Town have been this season, they had a breath of fresh air about them in the same way Oxford City did in 2005/2006.

Cec. Can you clear something up for me? You have recently stated quite vociferously on here that you were not sacked from Haringey Borough FC. Yet at the time you posted this...

I still support Haringey Borough but as I said earlier I was sacked by their Chairman Aki 'Sugar' Achillea hence my involvement with Kentish Town for the time being at least, they're an up and coming Club and playing at Hendon this season will be a bonus as it will make us the Man Utd of the 1st Division.

Do you have a memory problem or is the above the reality of that situation? Which line that you have spun members on here is the truth? It's funny, but I didn't actually have you down for an outright liar and as you yourself bring Haringey Borough up on here so frequently (either in allotment or FC guise) I know you won't mind now coming clean over all this.

Originally Posted By: Part Time
Sorry Rhodes.. Correct me if i am wrong here but i thought the original purpose of this forumn was to talk about the south midlands leage and its member clubs and the football that they are involved in and there progression etc.. I understand that you seem to see it as the equivalent of a school playground where you can ruin everybodys sensible and often interesting threads with your inane, mindless drivel but please at least try not to shoot down in flames anybody that does try to use the forum for its correct purspose and instead just leave them to get on with it!

PT....i have only registered today as previously the content
of posts by other members didnt really relate to me as i dont
play in the SSML - and Rhodes doesn't like non SSML members posting - but feel your post relates to everyone who
plays football - whatever the league
I couldn't believe that grown men actually tolerated some of
Rhodes demeaning comments about their clubs until i took
a look at some of the more sensible posters replies and
came to the conclusion that Rhodes opinions are worthless
and that his contempt towards your post shows his true
value to NL football and this forum
As i am not a member of a SSML club i will no doubt be
looked down on by Rhodes and told i am not allowed to post
on this forum but hope that other posters don't share this
attitude and that we will be able to exchange views and opinions
on our football experiences
Yours in sport
George Andrews (16)

Originally Posted By: Wader
Cec. Can you clear something up for me? You have recently stated quite vociferously on here that were not sacked from Haringey Borough FC. Yet at the time you posted this...
I still support Haringey Borough but as I said earlier I was sacked by their Chairman Aki 'Sugar' Achillea hence my involvement with Kentish Town for the time being at least, they're an up and coming Club and playing at Hendon this season will be a bonus as it will make us the Man Utd of the 1st Division

Wader - I don't actually recollect posting that but as it refers to Kentish Town yet to play at Hendon I assume it was in August 2006 so that's hardly surprising. Why on earth have you raked this post up now, I don't actually believe I was sacked as I just didn't attempt to return to Coles Park following the 2005/2006 campaign when 'Sugar' made it clear he wasn't interested in progressing the Club and showing the door to a high profile consortium. Kentish Town then approached me to join them as Secretary which, following some deliberation, I did and shortly after that 'the great one' was recruited who didn't take very much persuading, the rest is history.

I think you'll find the Kentish Town thread around page 57. You seemed quite convinced at the time that you were sacked and stated it on more than one occassion back then. As it was at the time it happened I assume that was the reality, rather than what you led members to believe on here recently.

Everytime you bring up the subject of Haringey Borough you open the door for others to discuss it too surely? And there is certainly a conflict in your own version of events that you have spun members. Is this the only lie you have told on this forum or am I opening pandoras box Neil Hamilton style?

Originally Posted By: keeper No one

....As i am not a member of a SSML club i will no doubt be
looked down on by Rhodes and told i am not allowed to post
on this forum ....Yours in sport
George Andrews (16)

Keeper no one - Rhodes has no say whatsoever in who and who cannot post on this forum. You are welcome. There are plenty of posters on here who do not support/play for SSML clubs.

Originally Posted By: Wader
I think you'll find the Kentish Town thread around page 57. You seemed quite convinced at the time that you were sacked and stated it on more than one occassion back then. As it was at the time it happened I assume that was the reality, rather than what you led members to believe on here recently.

Everytime you bring up the subject of Haringey Borough you open the door for others to discuss it too surely? And there is certainly a conflict in your own version of events that you have spun members. Is this the only lie you have told on this forum or am I opening pandoras box Neil Hamilton style?

he is a Walter Mitty

brwn_md_wht

Originally Posted By: thespursfan

Would it be a better run in if the clubs involved knew for sure what the prize was, in terms of promotion and which league they might move into?

Of course, but there are too many Step 5's for Step 4's if you get what I mean. Someone usually goes pop at Step 4, or someone withdraws their application to go up to Step 4 or a ground grading fails etc. However, that is not something that is guaranteed or indeed wished for. As for which league, well the Ryman is the league that the SSML is meant to feed to, but by necessity it gets fiddled about with and if you're on the borders of leagues it is a hard fact of life (take Northwood or Stamford for example).