Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

We lost to Abbey, So what.....

..... can we blame

they had supporters

the floodlights went off, came on, again (shame they didnt go out again on 74 minutes

it was wet

the ref

the lines men

not enough stewards

there was no drum

there is no cover at the railway end, so not atmosphere

towners had too many green and white umbrellas (what is that about Arky?)

rudi got sent off, surprise!

the defence are mutes, well they dont talk to each other?

tactics, we had any?

or the fact we have been shi£e at home for ages?

ooops, nearly forgot,

it was just one of those games

bollix

Rudi is to blame - he is a liability!!

I feel that we have better players to play in his position now, and if this is what he is going to bring to the side, then we can do without him!!

Was Velandia injured, because if not that was a poor substitution!! He was not that bad in the 1st half. I thought we actually started with the right team, based upon who we had available, and although we started slowly, got better as the 1st half progressed - was Rudi's introduction needed?

Was never going to be a good game of football with so much surface water, and I question whether the game should have been played? It appears that this hasn't done the pitch much good. Yes our home form is very worrying - that is why we want to finish 5th and play all our playoff games away!!

Ware, Redbridge, Sudbury and Dartford will fill the top 4 positions in my opinion - I just hope we can get enough points to finish in 5th.

I don't think it is the defence that we should be questioning. I thought we lost the game today in midfield. We missed Kofi (I believe he is the best player we have at the club), and Ricci up top, and nobody in the middle really got to grips with the conditions I felt, and both Jonah and BH had poor games by their standards. Heald, Harvey and Ticks (in particular) I thought all had solid games, especially as they were called upon quite a bit. Jamie made a mistake, and he knows it, but he is not to blame for the loss, and I feel sorry for the lad - he has given his all the last few weeks and been playing well.

Andre is looking shaky far too often, and although I have said before that he deserves a run, I feel now is the time to give Charlie his. Andre was at fault for the first (it was his to come and claim), and for someone of his height, he has to be commanding things, especially in his 6 yard box, which he doesn't. Also, his kicking was poor today.

How can we play so well away like last week and beat a top 5 team, and then come home and lose to such an average side on paper? It is very frustrating - will we ever get going this season?

Oh well, I suppose the post-match blues will wear off at some point!! Who was the new guy who came on as sub for Ozie? He was very average and I would have preferred to have Foster sitting in midfield. Our subs made at home are very questionable of late.

Originally Posted By: Southport - TOWNER
..... can we blame

they had supporters
the floodlights went off, came on, again (shame they didnt go out again on 74 minutes
it was wet
the ref
the lines men
not enough stewards
there was no drum
there is no cover at the railway end, so not atmosphere
towners had too many green and white umbrellas (what is that about Arky?)
rudi got sent off, surprise!
the defence are mutes, well they dont talk to each other?
tactics, we had any?
or the fact we have been shi£e at home for ages?

ooops, nearly forgot,

bollix

now you were all nice until you him the forum.....please forgive I'll have my 15 miunutes later.......

Good post MST

Sums up my view of the game almost entirely. The only disagreement I have is your comment about the condition of the pitch. A game should only be called off if it is dangerous. I dont think the pitch was particularly dangerous and, at the start there was not much standing water. I congratulate the people who worked to get the game started.

A very well done.

Over the years most of the home defeats have been against below average teams.

You could count on one hand the "good teams" who have won at Brimo.

Be warned !!

Home form will be the undoing of this Club.

Supporters are very fickle and will not keep turning up to watch this poor level of performance at 95% of home games.

Player and Management attitudes and performance levels MUST improve.

Originally Posted By: Southport - TOWNER
..... can we blame

they had supporters == SO WHERE WAS UR'S?
the floodlights went off, came on, again (shame they didnt go out again on 74 minutes== RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
it was wet== DON'T TURN THE SHROWER'S ON
the ref== DOES THE MAN IN BLACK KNO WOT HE'S DOING
the lines men== AS ABOVE
not enough stewards== WOTS
there was no drum== SURE I HEARD A CLAP OF THUNDER SOMEWHERE
there is no cover at the railway end, so not atmosphere== NOT A GREAT STANDING POSISTION THEN
towners had too many green and white umbrellas (what is that about Arky?)==THATS THE ONLY COVER U GET AT THE RAILWAY END
rudi got sent off, surprise!== DOES THE MAN IN BLACK KNOW
the defence are mutes, well they dont talk to each other?== OPEN UR GOB'S THN
tactics, we had any?== THAT WAY NO THIS WAY
or the fact we have been shi£e at home for ages? NO COMMENT

ooops, nearly forgot,

bollix

WELL THATS FOOTBALL 4 U

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
Jim.Still waiting on the Home V Away Stats.

You will get them but I have shed loads to do and it is on the list. You can always work it out yourself - all the info is available !

Otherwise be patient!

greeting's m8

belated happy new year 2 u all in the house of happy

yeeah not 2 bad, but back on the eastside again, so when u coming over 4 a beer or 2? or when u away near 2 us? not this sat as u r @ averly