Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gordon Boateng

Rhodes, you have just proved my point... even a naive, young and bias Cheshunt supporter only has them finishing in second!

Personally, I think this is one of the most open leagues in the pyramid & I think come May Cheshunt will be there or thereabouts in the top half of the table. Promotion wise Ware, Aveley (one of my dark horses !)Concord & Brentwood will all be in with a shout. Sadly relegation wise Ilford, Witham & Hillingdon all look doomed for Step 5 in 09/10 unless things change dramatically.

Syd Lexic - I see that Cheshunt won 4-0 at Witham Town on Saturday, that should cheer Gordon up a little

Guess who's all over the Non League Today Website again today like a rash:

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=53367

• 2 months later...

I have it on good authority that Gordon has severed ties with Cheshunt and joined Bishops Stortford as 'a number two' similar to what he did at Harlow Town, I wonder how long it will last this time.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
I have it on good authority that Gordon has severed ties with Cheshunt and joined Bishops Stortford as 'a number two' similar to what he did at Harlow Town, I wonder how long it will last this time.

Looks like you are right Rhodes

On the Cheshunt website it is saying that on Saturday the committee of Cheshunt FC reluctently accepted Gordan Boateng resignation as 1st Team Manager, taking over will be Glyn Mason (who was the asst.)as 1st Team Manager, stepping up to Assistant Manager will be Rudi Geohagen, although it does not say where he will be going

I'll have to ask Gordon what's going on as he's on my Facebook, I hope he's not making another big mistake like he did when he left Brimsdown for Harlow Town

You'll be surprised, that's what I thought initially but it's a very useful tool, Horace has an account and he's quite a few years older than me.

• 1 month later...

I see that Gordon has hit the ground running following his move from Cheshunt to Bishops Stortford, he hasn't put a foot wrong yet and has revitalised the Woodside Park Club:

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=56011

• 9 months later...

Strangely enough we were only discussing Gordon Boateng on Christmas Day, I see that he has sadly quit Bishops Stortford. I wonder whether Brimsdown Rovers are pricking up their ears

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=63364

Judging by his FaceBook profile, I think he has had some kind of bad car accident over Xmas. Having not spoken to him lately, I cant confirm this though.

Judging by his FaceBook profile, I think he has had some kind of bad car accident over Xmas. Having not spoken to him lately, I cant confirm this though.

He did have a bad accident. The car's totalled and a bit surprising he could walk away from it. Not the best Christmas ever for him, but knowing Gords he'll find some positives in it all.

Wader - Yes, I gather Gordon wasn't even at the game on Boxing Day due to his injuries. Bishops Stortford's demise this season was largely down to budget cuts and not even Gordon could stem the tide having been instrumental in getting them to fourth in the table, he's clearly a man going places in the game though

• 5 months later...

I see that Gordon Boateng has joined Ilford as Director of Football:

http://www.nonleague...=FULL&nid=67543

Ryman League Division One North club Ilford have announced the appointment of Gordon Boateng as director of football with immediate effect.

The former Harlow Town and Cheshunt manager and Bishop`s Stortford assistant boss confirmed to nonleaguedaily that he fully relished taking on the new post.

Boateng said: “When first-team boss Colin Walton and chairman Roger Chilvers spoke to me about their vision for the club and how far they wanted to take go, it was something that very much interested me.

“They definitely sold to me the fact that here was a side basked in tradition from former glory days but also one with a massive potential that needed galvanising. It has huge potential backed up by a massive local catchment area.”

Boateng spoke with glowing terms toward the fact that his new chairman and his Board had done a fantastic job keeping the club debt free, despite the harsh economic climate of recent years.

Now the club want to raise its profile and progress through the non-League Pyramid - but only when the right structure has been put in place.

Nothing will happen overnight and the club is very much a "work in progress". However, the scope was tremendous.

The Cricklefield Stadium outfit will, through their new director of football, look very much to become hands-on and get things right behind the scenes. Interaction within the local community is also high on the agenda, working closely with the current head of youth development, Shane Greaves.

Boateng added: “We will work hard to attract sponsorship opportunity that will in turn help first-team boss Colin Walton, who I have known for some considerable time, to bring the right player to the club - those with a hunger to wear the colours with pride and not with the look of the fat wage package in mind.

“We do not possess the financial clout afforded others elsewhere within the division but we will look to make Ilford FC an attractive proposition to all and sundry both on and off the field.”

(Dave Griffiths)