Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gordon Boateng

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
...as soon as he got the Cheshunt job he made a bee line for Goldsdown Road to take their three best players to Theobalds Lane.

Seeing as he took those players to Brimsdown in the first place, that doesn't surprise me. I don't see why it should you.

If 'the great one' snubbed the call of International fame and fortune and upped sticks and moved to say Haringey Borough could you seriously claim that he wouldn't take a few players with him?

Wader - Trust you to stick up for 'your friend' however in doing so you have unwittingly cut your own throat. Even if 'the great one' were to leave us for a Club at a higher level (he would never go back to Haringey for the way he was treated there), he would have the decency not to attempt to take any players with him, he's a very honourable man and is certainly not one to constantly feather his own nest as Gordon does.

No doubt you will speak from experience of these things with first hand knowledge some day. For now the great ones angelic qualities in the transfer market is easy for you to claim, but less believable to an outsider as he has yet to cut his teeth at a higher level.

Clubs whingeing about losing players doesn't impress me. If you're not prepared or able to put your best players on contract then you have to accept that someone else may well poach them, however 'unfair' that may seem. It's what happens in football at this level.

Exactly Wader, who wouldn't take THEIR players with them to another a club should they move on?

Furthermore one of the 3 players who signed for Cheshunt had left Brimsdown 3 weeks previously due to other issues. The other 2 players both spoke to the Brimsdown manager and requested to speak to Gordon about a move to Cheshunt as it was a possibility to play at a higher level. They had not yet previously spoken to Gordon until the manager gave his approval.

As for facebook adds whistle how many managers contact a player in some way to ensure that an approach is worth everyones time? I'm sure they've all done it and it will continue from the top of the game to the bottom. I'm also sure many players have contacted managers whilst they are at another club to see if a move is possible, is this any different?

Yes but we rely on players loyalty at Kentish Town rather than coldly putting a pen and a piece of paper under their noses. Most of our lads have been with us since the tender ages of thirteen and fourteen and the Club is in their hearts, it's about the place they were born and grew up, ie Kentish Town, as well as the Football Club but you don't seem to be able to take that onboard.

In 10 years time how many 'local kids' will you have playing for KT? Indeed, with all the groundshares to your name exactly what is local for KT? If you are level 7, 6 or 5, perhaps you will have a good share of locals turning out for you. If you progress further I am certain that will decrease to the negligible.

Football Man - The three ill fated groundshares you mention did us no favours at all and set Kentish Town Football Club back light years in terms of progress, for example we would have been in the FA Cup last season had you allowed us to compete in the FA Vase in 2005/2006. We are now extremely happy at the Copthall Stadium and will soon start to approach local School's as part and parcel of our partnership with Arsenal to tap into the untold riches of talent that is just sitting there like an oil field or gold mine.

I wonder whether Gordon has poked anyone

I'm going to POKE him soon with a reminder, but just for now i'm enjoying watching his Friend List growing wink..Footballers coming out of his arms.... shocked

Originally Posted By: Football Man
Willo, you seem to have sent yourself to sleep! laugh

That told you though didn't it, why don't you get over your obsession out of interest and answer questions such as did you get to 13 matches over the Easter weekend

Originally Posted By: Bitch
I wonder whether Gordon has poked anyone

I'm going to POKE him soon with a reminder, but just for now i'm enjoying watching his Friend List growing wink..Footballers coming out of his arms.... shocked

I am fed up with facebook

everytime I log in, I am poked by 8 people, it's not pleasant after a hard day at work.....duck

Originally Posted By: Amber Eagle
Went along to the Lane to see the Res's yesterday.
Enjoying the game until 2 idiots got sent off for Cheshunt just on half time......
But what a performance by the youngsters in the second half, they were GREAT.....
The centreforward Richard, helped the youngsters under difficult circumstances. I thought that Brett, Cookie and the tall, skinny right back (who went to centre-half and had a great game in that position) all were fantastic. The young keeper also done well.
All I can say is that the Res's played better with 9 men than 11 and if I was Haringey Borough I would'nt have been very pleased!!!
The youngsters showed they had BALLS.
So the first team lost again and is everyone HAPPY?
While GB looks for loan players from many different Clubs, why don't he look in the Res's. I think that the Res's would beat the first team. Does anyone else think this?
If you are reading this prophet I am sorry I go on but I don't like the first team losing every week and playing like [****!!****]!!!!

I had to smile at a post made on the Cheshunt Forum by a disgruntled fan, it would appear that the Theobalds Lane faithful are already getting fed up to the back teeth with Gordon Boateng. Therefore does any of the six members (including NeutralFan) who took the original bet want to go double or quits that he won't start next season at Cheshunt.

Rhodes... I have read back through the posts, only 2 people took you up on the bet... post the proof (I could point you in the right direction but I had to search to find it so you can as well!!) or I'll just delete anything you post on the subject!

PS If I had made the bet I wouldn't pay you anyway... I'd pass it on to FootballMan for the money you still haven't paid to his charity!!

NeutralFan - I thought it had been well documented that you were one of the 'Boateng six' who struck the original bet thinking that you were onto a good thing, only to be dismayed some two weeks later when Gordon left Brimsdown Rovers in the lurch. Why don't you just hold your hands up, you have an opportunity now to go double or quits.

I went "double or quits" remember Rhodes? Haringey and Hoddesdon for promotion, remember?