Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gordon Boateng

Originally Posted By: Football Man
Last week's Ryman bulletin had Opara down as moving from Waltham Forest to Arlesey Town, but a third spell at Cheshunt wouldn't surprise me.

What you say makes sense, what with Terry Back going from WF to Arlesey. He'd want to take his better players with him, although not sure they'll enjoy the travelling to home games!

• 1 month later...

Wader - I see that 'your friend' is featured on the Non League Daily Website, is he regretting joining Cheshunt as it has been all doom and gloom for him at Theobalds Lane since his arrival:

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=48383

• 3 weeks later...

A very interesting interview with Wader's 'friend' on Cheshunt's Website, some of his answers seem a little naive although Wader will no doubt lap them up:

http://www.cheshuntfc.com/First%20Team/M...w%20030308.html

Wow... they've been there a week and you've only just found them!

Sorry to disappoint Rhodes, but I've only just seen this from your link. Thought the questions were a bit repetitive - and thus the answers too.

Sounds like impatience there to me. Turning Cheshunt around won't be achieved overnight, but fans can rarely get their head round that. It's like stopping a supertanker on full steam and then sending it in a completely different direction. Time is needed to put that ship in order.

From the mess he inherited I think relegation was pretty inevitable. Gordon should be looking to build for the future, not just the next match.

Originally Posted By: Wader

Thought the questions were a bit repetitive - and thus the answers too.
Sounds like impatience there to me.
Turning Cheshunt around won't be achieved overnight, but fans can rarely get their head round that.
It's like stopping a supertanker on full steam and then sending it in a completely different direction.
Time is needed to put that ship in order.
From the mess he inherited I think relegation was pretty inevitable.
Gordon should be looking to build for the future, not just the next match.

Incredible, you would have got on Tony Blair's payroll

• 2 weeks later...

Wader - I see 'your friend' has been buying some quality players but surely it's far too late in the day:

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=48964

Beware the boateng sting. He adds players that he would like to sign as friends on his facebook, then as if like magic, 7 day approaches follow quickly afterwards. Two of my players told me he added them recently and they have never met him, and we have a 7 day approach to to prove it. Is this against the rules??

The FA Rule states;

32.ii) Facebook additions can only be determined by the FA's ugliness factor table (see 32.i). Unsavoury additions will not be permitted if their gross nature is above 3.0 on this scale. Additions on a scale of Martin Keown (factor 1.5) will not be permitted under any circumstances as they fall within the general rule of 'bringing the game into disrepute'. Ugly factor Facebook additions above the permitted level of 3.0 will be allowed after completion of the appropriate forms in triplicate, returned to the Hideously Ugly Participants Department at The FA. Due to the volume of enquiries, delays of up to 20 weeks must be expected for approval.

snow3.jpg

Snowed in this morning!

Originally Posted By: onekeown
Beware the boateng sting. He adds players that he would like to sign as friends on his facebook, then as if like magic, 7 day approaches follow quickly afterwards. Two of my players told me he added them recently and they have never met him, and we have a 7 day approach to to prove it. Is this against the rules??

Onekeown - I'm absolutely appalled to read this but it doesn't surprise me in the slightest

Wader - I see that you were quick off the mark as soon as the Forum went back on line although Ian probably phoned or texted you to let you know. I'm just generally appalled at the way Gordon Boateng goes about his business that's all, I know you think the sun shines out of him and everyone is entitled to their opinion but it all seems a little murky to me. Take for example the way he kept his foot in the door at Brimsdown Rovers when he was at Harlow and then as soon as he got the Cheshunt job he made a bee line for Goldsdown Road to take their three best players to Theobalds Lane.

"Take for example the way he kept his foot in the door at [iNSERT GROUND NAME] when he was at [iNSERT CLUB NAME] and then as soon as he got the [iNSERT CLUB NAME] job he made a bee line for [iNSERT GROUND NAME] to take their [iNSERT NUMBER] best players to [iNSERT GROUND NAME]. "

Could be anybody now! It's what they do!

Originally Posted By: onekeown

He's not answered my 'Friend Request' yet frown I'm waiting for a 7 day approach excited

I wonder whether Gordon has poked anyone