Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Board Action

OldTowner

There have been a number of views expressed regarding the Board and Management of the Club over the past few weeks, following some rather poor performances on the pitch.

Is it not now time for the Board to make a statement to the supporters regarding a number of issues including, The Manager, The Team, The poor disaplinary record this season,The future, etc.

My own view is that the current squad of players are not good enough to win promotion via the play-offs. This may be down to selection and formation rather than individual player skills, but never the less, the performances are not good enough.

Even if JC turned it around and new players came in for the remainder of the season AND we did get promoted the team is not good enough to maintain Premier league status and the Club do not have any ways of paying for new higher grade players.

It seems to me that the Club is now at a major crossroads in it's short ( and fairly succesful ) history.

Cash injection is required to improve the squad ( now or soon ) and the only way to do this is to find a backer, as the current Board are not in a position to take the Club further, due to the Supporter Ownership issues or their individual commitments.

Unless some action is taken by the Board, I am fearful that the Club will loose all direction and stagnate.

Perhaps we already have !

Let's see some comments AND action Board Members. You have been entrusted with OUR CLUB.

Other Clubs have tried to be Supporter run and failed. It is mainly due to funding ( or actually the lack of it ).

Clubs reach a certain level ( as we have done ) and then go nowhere ( as we are ).

........My own view is that the current squad of players are not good enough to win promotion via the play-offs. This may be down to selection and formation rather than individual player skills, but never the less, the performances are not good enough.

Even if JC turned it around and new players came in for the remainder of the season AND we did get promoted the team is not good enough to maintain Premier league status and the Club do not have any ways of paying for new higher grade players.

Exactly, very good point, one I think we all know.

It seems to me that the Club is now at a major crossroads in it's short ( and fairly succesful ) history.

Cash injection is required to improve the squad ( now or soon ) and the only way to do this is to find a backer, as the current Board are not in a position to take the Club further, due to the Supporter Ownership issues or their individual commitments.

Unless some action is taken by the Board, I am fearful that the Club will loose all direction and stagnate.

Perhaps we already have !

I actually believe we could survive at level 3 but only just, however like others I said six years ago we cannot progress without a main money man, certainly not to Conference standard.

Originally Posted By: Steph
.....Yes like Barcelona and Nottingham Forest.

Errr.... cant remember our last 70,000 crowd like Barcelona & as for Forest well these ex-european champions are really setting the third level of four in the profesional leagues alight arnt they!!

So far as I'm concerned, the club has been stagnating ever since losing in the play-offs last year. What was required was a board who could make a decision for the good of the club and not simply based on loyalty to a friend. JC will no doubt leave of his own volition at the end of the season. Unfortunately this is a year too late. I lost the desire to attend games in October when it became clear that we were in for 'more of the same' aimless tinkering from the management. The only thing that would bring me back through the turnstiles would be a change of management with new ideas, players and momentum.

We don't necessarily need a 'money man' to achieve success. What we need is the return of the feel-good factor to Goldsdown Road. The same feeling which was in the air at the club's inception. An ambitious new manager COULD do this. Attracting more of the huge number of football fans in the borough by playing consistently good and exciting football is the key. I just wonder whether the board realise that there is a problem?

Originally Posted By: Gonzo
So far as I'm concerned, the club has been stagnating ever since losing in the play-offs last year. What was required was a board who could make a decision for the good of the club and not simply based on loyalty to a friend. JC will no doubt leave of his own volition at the end of the season. Unfortunately this is a year too late. I lost the desire to attend games in October when it became clear that we were in for 'more of the same' aimless tinkering from the management. The only thing that would bring me back through the turnstiles would be a change of management with new ideas, players and momentum.

We don't necessarily need a 'money man' to achieve success. What we need is the return of the feel-good factor to Goldsdown Road. The same feeling which was in the air at the club's inception. An ambitious new manager COULD do this. Attracting more of the huge number of football fans in the borough by playing consistently good and exciting football is the key. I just wonder whether the board realise that there is a problem?

agreed

Agreed also.

I do not agree with earlier comments that we do not have good enough players to be promoted though. I have always thought our squad to be good (and that includes the players that have left under a cloud after disputes with the current management). That is not the problem. The problem is how they are managed. Good management make all the difference, just look at Greece winning the Euorpean Championship with a squad that would struggle to get a place in many premiership teams.

The problems were plain to see for me after the first season st this level when we threw auotmatic promotion away. I believed than that a change of management was needed. Nothing has changed.

Originally Posted By: Southport - TOWNER
Just looking at the table, and any realistic chance of a play off place must start with a CONVINCING display AND win on Saturday, anything short of that JC's position must be untenable

I have to say I agree!! JC and his players still have time to pull their finger out and make this season a success, but it is fast running out and a turn around must start on Saturday if we are to stand any chance of getting in those playoffs.

We need to win 90% of our games now, and the players need to show that they want success for the club. It didn't matter what formation JC played on Saturday, the players he put out did not turn up, and they need to take some responsibility. I hope he is ruthless and shakes things up!!

Velandia, Mitchell and possibly Marshall to start in my opinion. Nay to play (he has shown the attitude we need, unlike Campbell), and Ozie should start. Either BH or RC should be dropped to the bench - the older heads need to know they cannot be complacent and take their place for granted!!

Originally Posted By: Mini-Smith Towner
Good result last night Albury I see!!

Time is running out for old Gordon to be the saviour. See you next season!! grin
Or not ! we have been reprieved before ,Corby got away with it last season . If we do drop we may well be in the southern midland division . It depends on who comes up from what location , Cant see it being you lot of cry babies either . grin