Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Board Action

OldTowner

Originally Posted By: ambers4ever
Originally Posted By: Mini-Smith Towner
Good result last night Albury I see!!

Time is running out for old Gordon to be the saviour. See you next season!! grin

Just worry about your club m8 and we'll worry about ours.

just like you lot always are. one of you half wits comes on here and you say to keep out of your clubs business priceless but then again what ever the price you lot will struggle to pay it

come on the town keep fighting to the end like brave robert the bruce did

Originally Posted By: Southport - TOWNER
It may be time for those supporters to call for an EGM, this is allowed under our constitution, and for the board to answer specific questions, and for them to lay out their plan for our club.

I believe we need 15 signatures to call such a meeting

Written request by not less than 20 members or 10% of the membership, whichever is the highest.

Originally Posted By: OldTowner
There have been a number of views expressed regarding the Board and Management of the Club over the past few weeks, following some rather poor performances on the pitch.

Is it not now time for the Board to make a statement to the supporters regarding a number of issues including, The Manager, The Team, The poor disaplinary record this season,The future, etc.

My own view is that the current squad of players are not good enough to win promotion via the play-offs. This may be down to selection and formation rather than individual player skills, but never the less, the performances are not good enough.
Even if JC turned it around and new players came in for the remainder of the season AND we did get promoted the team is not good enough to maintain Premier league status and the Club do not have any ways of paying for new higher grade players.

It seems to me that the Club is now at a major crossroads in it's short ( and fairly succesful ) history.

Cash injection is required to improve the squad ( now or soon ) and the only way to do this is to find a backer, as the current Board are not in a position to take the Club further, due to the Supporter Ownership issues or their individual commitments.

Unless some action is taken by the Board, I am fearful that the Club will loose all direction and stagnate.

Perhaps we already have !

Let's see some comments AND action Board Members. You have been entrusted with OUR CLUB.

Other Clubs have tried to be Supporter run and failed. It is mainly due to funding ( or actually the lack of it ).
Clubs reach a certain level ( as we have done ) and then go nowhere ( as we are ).

TWO WEEKS ON....... AND THE SAME COMMENT APPLIES

Song for Jim with apologies to the Moody Blues!

We,ve already said

Goodbye

Since you gotta go, oh you'd better

Go now go now, go now (Go now)

Before you see towners cry

I don't want you to tell us who you intend to sign now

'Cause how many times do I have to tell you mate'

I'm still in love with town

Whoa-oh-oh-oh

We've already said

So long

I don't wanna see you go, oh you'd better

Don't you even try

Tellin' me that you really don't want it to end this way

'Cause Jim, can't you see we want you to go'

Yeah, yeah

Since you gotta go, oh you'd better

Before you see towners cry

I don't want you to tell us who you intend to sign now

'Cause how many times do I have to tell you mate’

I'm still in love still in love with town

Whoa-oh-oh-oh

I don't wanna see you go but Jim, you better go now

There have been a number of views expressed regarding the Board and Management of the Club over the past few weeks, following some rather poor performances on the pitch.

Is it not now time for the Board to make a statement to the supporters regarding a number of issues including, The Manager, The Team, The poor disaplinary record this season,The future, etc.

My own view is that the current squad of players are not good enough to win promotion via the play-offs. This may be down to selection and formation rather than individual player skills, but never the less, the performances are not good enough.
Even if JC turned it around and new players came in for the remainder of the season AND we did get promoted the team is not good enough to maintain Premier league status and the Club do not have any ways of paying for new higher grade players.

It seems to me that the Club is now at a major crossroads in it's short ( and fairly succesful ) history.

Cash injection is required to improve the squad ( now or soon ) and the only way to do this is to find a backer, as the current Board are not in a position to take the Club further, due to the Supporter Ownership issues or their individual commitments.

Unless some action is taken by the Board, I am fearful that the Club will loose all direction and stagnate.

Let's see some comments AND action Board Members. You have been entrusted with OUR CLUB.

Other Clubs have tried to be Supporter run and failed. It is mainly due to funding ( or actually the lack of it ).
Clubs reach a certain level ( as we have done ) and then go nowhere ( as we are ).

So, when do we hear from The Board with some action ?

ERR,...... CAN'T HEAR ANYTHING FROM THE BOARD YET !