Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tuesday League Results

Not if Ash have any say in it.

We played Ashford Town (Middlesex) last night in the Aldershot Senior Cup and they played a first team squad due to their reserves having a cup semi tonight. Only change to their line up from their Saturday 6-0 win in the Ryman Prem game was that the subs started. We conceeded in the 86th minute and lost 2-1. A very good display from the lads. We go into the derby versus Cove on Saturday full of confidence and then Egham in the quarter final on Tuesday.

Hopefully we'll see Bedfont Green in the semi.

The draw has already been done Gussy. Ash or Egham versus Bedfont Green in the semi and Merstham or Crescent Rovers versus Farnham in the other semi.

Id rather avoid Merstham till the final i think!!

BG's new signings (many ex Wembley) are cup tied but they are still a tough side as they are drilled and work hard as well as having quality up front. They can be got at if last night is anything to go by but we just weren't at the races and kept giving the ball away in midfield...again!!

Even more gutted cos we knocked some good sides out in the previous rounds and then after seeing the draw we felt we had as good a chance as any to make the final

The league looks a bit like this in my opinion:

Winners - Merstham

2nd place fight - Between Guildford, Camberley, Cove, North Greenford, and Chessington.

6th place between Ash, Wembley, Bedfont Green, Horley, Chertsey, Epsom + Ewell

Relegation - Dorking and one other between Raynes Park, Bookham, Cobham, Sandhurst, Reading.

So the season is very much alive for most teams. Although i have to say that going for 6th was certainly not Ash United's pre season target!! But thats Football for ya!

Always seems to happen Gussy with only 1 team going up. I think that it is usually the team that has the highest budget that manages to do it. Not saying that is it all the time but that does seem the way. I reckon next year it will be Chertsey or Chessington.

That is a fair point Mick but the team at the top usually has a fairly large budget. It is a good point that Merstham have been together for 3 years now and that certainly helps. Everyone said last year how good this league will be without Chipstead and this year Merstham have run away with it. Now we all say that it will be great next year without Merstham but I still reckon someone will run away with it. The league is very competitive and on their day most teams can beat everyone.

i agree i think next year will be very tough, most teams will be more equipped to challenge,

I'm not sure that its all about money though i prefer to get people that want to play for me rather than the money and this year has been incredibly hard as i have had no budget, but its been a learning curb and i have learned so much wso hopefully things will improve next year