Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tuesday League Results

Not a stupid question and I dont know JJ it is only judged on tittle tattle and players that they attract to the club. No idea on what a big budget is either really. It is just the experience from years of watching this level and the players that go through it and play for sides. My personal belief and one that I have expressed before is that players should not get paid at this level. It should not cost them to play so petrol etc should be covered. Look after players yes with tracksuits, club kit etc. I also hope Mick T is right and the league is tough next year. Makes it more interesting for everyone.

I was recently criticised on here for posting DFC match reports, so I'll assume all those that want to see them from now on can access them elsewhere.

DFC - Reading Town's report from last night IS available.

Originally Posted By: Big J R
I was recently criticised on here for posting DFC match reports, so I'll assume all those that want to see them from now on can access them elsewhere.

DFC - Reading Town's report from last night IS available.

PM me the report pls JR!

£40 a week per person for 14 players wages only comes to £560 per week budget!!

Is that a lot??

It wouldnt be right for me to comment what we get at Ash but its certainly not that much!

Originally Posted By: johnnojudo
£40 a week per person for 14 players wages only comes to £560 per week budget!!

Is that a lot??

It wouldnt be right for me to comment what we get at Ash but its certainly not that much!

It wouldnt be right for you to comment but you did smile

I'm sorry yes i did comment a little. Although i didnt say exactly what we got. And anyway if i told everyone what i get from the club they'd be a revolt at Ash!! 13 players would go on strike!

I think there are 3 top reasons for a club to have good quality players throughout the squad to be able to win the league.

1)Money certainly does talk and will attract players so a club with a big budget has a good chance.

2)If a manager has played with or managed players at a higher level,the attraction of good quality players stepping down a level with that manager is good for a league challenging team.

3)Last of all has to be the pitch. When has a League winning club ever really had an awful pitch to play on week in week out?? Obviously barring Cove and Ash when they won it!!

A lot of players would be attracted to the club for its quality pitch and facilities.

Merstham, Chipstead, Afc Wimbledon, Withdean 2000, Walton Casuals, Godalming Town - all good pitches to play on.

The only 2 clubs that have won the ccl prem that had poor pitches were Cove and Ash - but they had good managers that attracted top players.

So its not all money for players that wins a league. But you do need money to have a good manager and coaching staff and money for a good surface to play on!! Money talks as we all know!!

Ok i've rabbled on too long now so i'll stop!

I'd play for free. I dont treat the money i get as wages. I just count it as petrol money and by god do i need it. I drive to every away game and i give lifts to everyone. My car isnt the most forgiving on petrol. About 15 miles to the gallon. Not very economical!!

If i had been lucky enough to play in a higher league (Ryman 1 or Ryman Prem) then i would still have played for free. As long as i get a starting 11 shirt then i dont care!

Some years ago Ryman League chairman used to boast about their budget, here though it seems that they are almost embarrased to admit that they've got a budget at all.

However I've seen enough good players playing for teams with no budget and some shockers evidently picking up wages to make me wonder why anybody would want to pay them.

Also talking to the ex-chairman of a Hellenic League club recently he insisted to have any chance of survival in their Prem you had to pay players. I think that geography also makes a differnce. Truro City did not sign all those players from pro clubs to play at step 6 for petrol expenses.

I would expect that the CCL is less well funded in terms of player payments than most other step5 divisions.

The romantic in me would like to think that good management, facilities, and a love of the game will can make teams competitive but unfortunately i see no evidence of that.

P.S Johnno. When Ash were in their pomp a few years ago a Ryman League club tried to sign their 2 strikers and could not afford them. If the rest of the squad were on similar deals the wage bill would be 4 figures without the pence.

You drive that blue thing to games JJ and players want ot travel in it. Oh my god.

I agree about the facilites thing so the question begs how much money do you want to play for a team with poor facilities ?