Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tuesday League Results

The strikers you talk about would have been Shaun Mitchell and Scott Joyce.

Brilliant strikers and probably the best ever at Ash. How we could do with them now!!

I was in the 1st team the season after they won the Ccl prem. I joined the club 2000/2001 and i am nearly 100% sure they were not on any more money than what the current lads are on now. They played for the manager and club. Ash United have never ever had a big budget as long as i've been there which is getting on 8 years now.

The only player to have really left Ash for more money and to further their career was Matt Everard who joined Afc Wimbledon.

Are you prepared to say what roughly he was on last year cos as far as i knew he was taking home the same as everyone else. And he certainly wasnt the best player at Ash last season. He was never the first name on the team sheet!! Would you leave your most expensive player on the bench?? Our best, most influential players (you know, the ones you would not do without) are on no more than everyone else. It is a level playing field at Ash!!

(Not like that slope at Camberley anyway!!) wink

And actually at the end of the day there is nothing any of us can do about who has money and who hasnt. What we all do is try and do our best with what we have. Having seen the "no money" scenario at Krooner Park for many years I know what the managers at those clubs have to put up with and how hard they work. If Merstham have a wage bill of £3k a week wink then so what. No point moaning about it you have to do what Mick T and others do and get on with it

agreed kroons there isnt anything anyone can do about budgets i try to make things enjoyable for the players so that they stay but we have lost a lot of good players this year to teams that pay but still if these players want to go for the sake of 20 or 30 quid then they are obviously goning to do it again as they are not loyal people

Originally Posted By: nut250
we all know how much you get kroons ?

3 burgers and a larger shandy

fat kent

.... and there was me thinking it was a 'hand' !!!

bolt

heres a thought, what about starting your players on the same amount (if you have a budget that is) say £10,you will soon get to know who wants to play for you, those that dont will soon leave,to boost their own egos they will tell other clubs that they were on good money but left for pastures new because they are better than everyone at the club they have just left.now the players that stay want to play for the club,as the club starts progressing and the mersonairies start coming with their stories of wages they have been getting elsewhere tell them not here we only want players that want to play for this club.