Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Kentish Town - Striker-less

Rhodes, I would be as gutted as you if my top two strikers had been nicked by another club. But, s you are no longer the secretary of Kentish Town, are you positive that the players have been poached illegally?

Originally Posted By: losingmyhair
I don't disagree that approaches should be done properly through the Chairman of the club, or through the manager. But, I think it's rather a selfish attitude not to want players to make a step up in level. Whoever the player is, division one will always be a place to pick up the odd bargain player. Scott is a good quality player who should attempt to play as high as he can. To deny him that, or to not wish him well, smacks of sour grapes. Clubs in div one need to realise that they act as feeder clubs to bigger clubs, that's the way it is.

Having spoke to 'Big John' last night I can confirm that he will be with Kentish until the end of the season. No one is stopping anyone from progressing up the ladder, however, there is a right way and a wrong way of doing things.

How was the bowling event last night, was the mood spoiled by the events that have unfolded in the last day or two without the prior knowledge of anyone at the Club. Was it a good turn out and did any WAGS attend.

all i know is that Lee Scott and big Jon are defo staying with KTFC until the end of the season.

They only played yesterday because KTFC didnt have a game.

clement had a clue that big jon might play even tho he didnt want him to but when the teams came out he was surprised to see Lee Scott playing aswell and wasnt happy and the club are dealing with it.

I blame Waltham Forest and i know they are gonna be in some trouble.Let KTFC deal with the punishment in their own way and it has nothing to do with you what they choose to do.

I know that they are more p*ssed off with Waltham Forest than Lee and Big Jon,they cant blame the players for wanting to play at a higher level.

Willo, Rhodes you have me wrong. I am agreeing with you that clubs should follow rules and appoach in the right way, even if it was Arsenal themselves coming in for a player of yours.

Rhodes, you don't know whether to ridicule my post or agree with it? I think you agreed with it. And yes, I do "know my stuff".

Eagles. Is it better to punish them by not playing them or play them and tell them that they are needed and made to feel wanted? There's more than one way of running a football club. Do you cut off you nose to spite your face, or do you play your best available team, one still hoping for promotion?

I don't manage the team despite what Rhodes thinks but I know of several episodes where José has left players out or put them on the bench as a way of teaching players who's boss!!!!

Some have left - the ones without discipline. The ones who accepted it, and stayed, are the ones worth keeping!!!!!

Benfica has players going for trials all the time but they go with the team's permission. Not what Lee Scott has alledgedly done!!!!

Originally Posted By: kentish_town
clement had a clue that big jon might play even tho he didnt want him to but when the teams came out he was surprised to see Lee Scott playing as well and wasnt happy

So was 'the great one' at the Edgware Town v Waltham Forest game then

Originally Posted By: eagles1981
but if it was I wouldn't expect either player playing against Harpenden as punishment!!!!

You would love that wouldn't you and so would Hoddesdon, Stony Stratford, Royston, Haringey and New Bradwell

I don't manage the team despite what Rhodes thinks but I know of several episodes where José has left players out or put them on the bench as a way of teaching players who's boss!!!!

Some have left - the ones without discipline. The ones who accepted it, and stayed, are the ones worth keeping!!!!!

Benfica has players going for trials all the time but they go with the team's permission. Not what Lee Scott has alledgedly done!!!!

Someone who has/did wear a tag and is/was under curfew is not
going to have the best of morals , are they?

Originally Posted By: Wader
My mate Rhys Madden is the keeper at Waltham Forest. I'll have to phone him to see what's going on.

Good article in Non League Paper today about Ged Searson.

What page?

By the way, just looking in from the outside, it looks like the two lads were targeted by a desperate 'higer' club within a very tight time frame. There is no excuse for 'good/bad manners' though and that just needs to be pointed out wink

They'd better not play for the other team at the expense of Kentish though. What will happen if that does occur?

What, without these 2 players, you would lose?
How you value the rest of the team!!!!!!

They have 33 goals between them this season without breaking sweat, I'm not saying that we would lose to Harpenden on Wednesday if they didn't play but I'm sure you would agree we would have a slightly better chance of winning if they did

Just a small question though, if dual registration is not allowed, will they be allowed to play for Kentish Town? Or will they have to de-register first from the other team? Or will the players then not want to sign for Kentish Town when they find out they won't be able to play for both? Confused? You will be. Find out this and more, in the next episode of the Kentish Town Soap!!!!!

da dada da da dadadada, da dada da, dadadada, dada, dada, dadadada. biglaugh

I hope they can remain at Kentish Town and help take the 'nomads' into the SSML Prem Divsion smile

I am sure that given time they could forge a good partnership with Waltham Forest, but as I said I more inclined to think that Lee Scott has what it takes at that level then Johnathan Dononghue does, having seen the later play for a season at Edgware two season ago without being very impressed.