Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Kentish Town - Striker-less

Ha, was a strange article hey, went on about all these coaches and clubs he had worked with, but then finished with the part about Haringey and London ASPA both of whom were bottom or near bottom by the time he leaves??? Could have left that off and he would have looked great.

PB - You've said it all apart from adding that he was sacked by 'Sugar' earlier this season, reading the article you would think Ged wouldn't be out of place in the Premiership

'We' went down because the Chairman wouldn't put his hand in his pocket as he did the season before when 'we' had the likes of George Georgiou to get 'us' out of jail

It is an 'unwritten obligation' for the Chairman of a Football Club to bankroll it if need be, if a Chairman can't stand the heat then he should get out of the kitchen. Had 'we' had a George Georgiou, a Dean Wilkinson, a Craig Timmings, a Brian Suchley, a Chris Perifimou, a Graham Evans or a Daniel Tulloch at the end of last season 'we' would have avoided relegation. Does this game ring any bells:

HARINGEY BOROUGH 2 HANWELL TOWN 1

Saturday 25th March 2006

Spartan South Midlands League – Premier Division

Borough have clearly turned the corner as they chalked up their second 2-1 home win in the space of 5 days, this time at the expense of visitors who arrived as hot favourites to leave with the points as they chase a top three finish to offer the chance of promotion to Level 4 of the Non-League Pyramid. After the opening skirmishes, Borough got off to a flying start as George Georgiou galloped clean through to thump his shot into the top corner from the edge of the penalty area after only 4 minutes. Hanwell however were level five minutes later when speedy winger Mark Sroka raced in from the left and clipped his shot just inside Danny Wight’s near post. Borough’s prospects looked bleak when injuries forced the early double substitution of Georgiou and combative midfielder Chris Perifimou and Borough survived a scare when following a corner the ball was blasted high over the bar by a well placed striker only a few yards from goal. After the interval Hanwell settled into a steady rhythm and looked the more likely winners until Borough took a 57th lead rather against the run of play thanks to Glenn Shurety’s determined burst down the right capped by a precise centre which diminutive substitute Dean Wilkinson rose to meet at the near post to flick a header cleverly over the keeper into the bottom far corner of the net. The onslaught to be expected from a promotion chasing team a goal down with half an hour to go never really materialised, thanks mainly to the relentless closing down of the Borough mid-field and their composed back four although the closing stages were not without some heart stopping moments especially following a number of free kicks conceded including several in dangerous positions. Hanwell should have equalised when a clear headed chance from a corner was fortunately glanced just wide and deep into injury time Danny Wight produced one of his regular “miracle man” acts when in a goalmouth melee two strikers found themselves in the clear just a few yards out but he somehow managed to hurl himself between them and clutch the ball without even conceding a foul.

Borough Team: Danny Wight, Glenn Shurety, Louis Dainty, Stuart Long, David Patten, Tommy Lamboune,

Chris Perifimou, Brian Suchley, Graham Evans, Shahed Ahmed, George Georgiou.

Substitutes Used: Dean Wilkinson, Courtney White, Christian Banuelos-Charles

No the temperature is rising and there is no rain forecast until Thursday. We have a really decent Referee tomorrow I see.

Originally Posted By: 3praise
From my knowledge and years in Semi pro football (hint hint Rhodes) and i know some might disagree - BUT i didnt think a 7 day approach was needed for clubs that are not in the same league.

3praise - You're wrong as even if Man Utd or Chelsea had come in for Lee Scott and Jonathan Donoghue they would have still needed to make a seven day approach through our Secretary.
Incidentally do you recognise anybody in these pictures out of interest:

http://www.rutc.ac.uk/sportsacademies/football/Photographs.asp?subnav=3

Who's Stiffler when he's at home, I was actually referring to Mario Marinica where Ged Searson obviously got his 'high profile' Romanian contacts from all those years ago

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Who's Stiffler when he's at home, I was actually referring to Mario Marinica where Ged Searson obviously got his 'high profile' Romanian contacts from all those years ago

Who's Stiffler? Where have you been? Where's Stiffler's mom?

Had 'we' had a George Georgiou, a Dean Wilkinson, a Craig Timmings, a Brian Suchley, a Chris Perifimou, a Graham Evans or a Daniel Tulloch at the end of last season 'we' would have avoided relegation. :

I see so the above players would have helped us avoid relegation?

I must have lost the plot then because i thought the team with all of the above managed to finish second from bottom (ie in the relegation zone) and HBFC only avoided relegation because the Brache ground did not meet the requirements. Then again what do i know?

i am sure i must be wrong and no doubt you can look up the records and tell me where HBFC finished in the 2005/6 season.

Strange that as it was always common knowledge that one team would be relegated, 'we' only needed to get above Harpenden Town which 'we' did comfortably in the end thanks to the 'dogs of war' mentioned above.

Originally Posted By: kentish_town
Another 3 goals again lastnight against Harpenden for Lee Scott which takes him upto 19 in the league and 0 in the cups seen as he hasn't played any cup games.
On the official top goalscorers chart it hasn't added his 3 lastnight.

well it won't if the details aren't phoned in!