Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Kentish Town - Striker-less

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
the two page article in the Non League paper yesterday which makes him out to be a Saint who apparently 'learned all he knows from Sir Bobby Robson'.

Why, has he read his book?

I understand that 'the great one' turned up at Edgware Town on Saturday incandescent with rage at what Ged had done and they had words, apparently Ged was more concerned with what I would say about him on here which makes me think that he must be 3praise. What I can't understand is how Ged is leaving himself wide open to criticism and the risk of having the FA come down on him and Waltham Forest like a ton of bricks if rules have been broken, it seems very unlike him particularly going by the two page article in the Non League paper yesterday which makes him out to be a Saint who apparently 'learned all he knows from Sir Bobby Robson'.

I never saw the 'great man' at the WLG on saturday, but then again I dont know what he looks like other then a picture you posted on here Rhodes.

I did chat briefly with Waltham Forest's chairman who seems decent enough guy, and a few of their fans who also seemed decent guys.

Will you lay the red carpet treament for me on Wednesday Rhodes if I visit for the match? smile

I understand that 'the great one' turned up at Edgware Town on Saturday incandescent with rage at what Ged had done and they had words, apparently Ged was more concerned with what I would say about him on here which makes me think that he must be 3praise. What I can't understand is how Ged is leaving himself wide open to criticism and the risk of having the FA come down on him and Waltham Forest like a ton of bricks if rules have been broken, it seems very unlike him particularly going by the two page article in the Non League paper yesterday which makes him out to be a Saint who apparently 'learned all he knows from Sir Bobby Robson'.

Why would he be worried about someone who is surplus to requirements of his reserve team and is known to be a
habitual liar?

Originally Posted By: keeper No one
Why would he be worried

You tell me but that's how it went down, Clement went in all guns blazing and all Ged, sorry 3praise, could say in response was that he didn't want me putting anything negative on the Forum about him

keeper no one - I'm sure you are fast trying to catch up with the past history of the 11,000+ posts of waffle from clip Rods but one of the most amusing aspects of this forum is that all the regular contributors know who 3praise is but old clippy hasn't been able to work it out in over 18 months. This is despite the fact that they were both involved at Haringey Borough at the same time. He keeps being told that it isn't Ged Searson but he can't get this idea out of his head (I think that's the problem with a cotton wool filling - it's as difficult to get ideas out of his head as it is to get them in there in the first place! laugh).

Football Man - That's because I have mentioned everyone I ever knew at Haringey and was told that it wasn't him or her. It wouldn't even surprise me if it was John Bacon although he's not the sort of person to waste his time on Forums.

Originally Posted By: Horace
Why, has he read his book?

Horace - This is the article that appeared in Non League on Sunday:
From assisting Sir Bobby Robson at PSV to coaching a Romanian team named after a cement factory, Ged Searson has spent his career on a European adventure. The 32 year old was the first British Coach to watch Steaua Bucharest train and was also given first hand access to Ajax's 1995 Champions League winners. Now he finds himself a World away, plying his trade in the muck and nettles surroundings of Waltham Forest's Wadham Lodge. The Stags are fourth from bottom of the Ryman Division One North and when Searson took the hot seat last wek they were without a win in six games. He lost his first match 2-0 to promotion chasing Ware but the former Haringey Borough boss has alrady recruited ten new players and is keen to flex the muscles he built up alongside former England manager Robson. 'It was an absolutely fantastic education working with Bobby' he said 'He is a true gentleman and is the most knowledgable person about football I have ever met. I wrote to him in 1998 and asked him if I could come over and he said I was more than welcome. At the time most people in England did not know he was there and he felt like he had become football's forgotten man. I was helping out in training and watching games from the bench. He taught me that football is a simple game at heart. You need to do the basics right and make it entertaining and not overcomplicate things for the players. One of the main principles I learnt from him is you need good players and good people, guys you can count on and depend on. That's why I have brought a lot of players in, I am not saying the guys at the Club do not have a chance but we need to have everyone pulling in the same direction. We need to win some games and get away from the bottom of the table. We can progress from there, next year we want to push for a play off spot'. A knee injury forced Searson to stop playing aged just 17 and he soon found himself coaching at Enfield College. But a chance encounter with Ajax's Director of Youth Football Co Adriaanse in 1996 persuaded him to set sail for foreign soils. After taking in the Dutch Club's World famous youth academy and training with Robson at PSV Searson then travelled to Romania in 2000 when a contact arranged for him to link up with Steaua Bucharest for ten days. He was the first Brit to have a look behind the scenes at the 1996 European Cup winners and was given a unique insight into the Eastern Europeans training methods. From there he ended up as first team coach at second division club Cemental Fiene and became such a curiosity to the locals he was invited on Romanian tv's answer to Richard and Judy.

Sorry folks more later on, you'll have to hold your breath!

Rhodes Rhodes Rhodes!!!!! for one I AM NOT GED SEARSON - although i wish as Sir Bobby is a bit of an idol for me and i would give my Tommy Lambourne signed shirt to meet him!!

Rhodes i think your account of Clement at edgeware is very false, from what ive heard he was there "to watch his two boys" and with a big smile on his face and wearing his Nigerian 1989 tracksuit (hoping to be recognised) was talking about how much this was going to cost Waltham Forest - it seemed KTFC were more about the money then the loyality of the players.

From my knowledge and years in Semi pro football (hint hint Rhodes) and i know some might disagree - BUT i didnt think a 7 day approach was needed for clubs that are not in the same league.

If this is the case - i dont know how your season is going to pan out now you have lost the only two players who get goals in your teams! i bet Sugar is laughing all the way to his box in White hart lane.

Folks - The wait is finally over and you can let your breath out, here's the second exciting insalment:

All this before Searson turned thirty and he insists the experience has shown him that English football still has a lot of catching up to do. He added 'The big difference between foreign footballers and English ones is not necessarily technical but tactical. The players in Romania were almost like street footballers, they were playing on gravel with trainers but their technique was flawless. They spent most of training on tactics and that pays off especially when you see they beat England in the last two major tournament in which they've met. The gap is shortening but I think the tactical awareness of young English players coming through is lacking. What I emphasise to all my players, especially the younger ones, is the combination of technique and tactics'. Searson first went alone as a Manager at Haringey Borough in 2006 having been on the Coaching staff at the Club for nearly a decade. Four players he Coached as five year olds at the SSML side, James Allison, Mark Sholinm, Jamie Millberry and Matthew Pinner, have now joined him at Waltham Forest. Despite the Stags shedding for managers already this season Searson is confident his new recruits can do the business. 'They are really good kids' he said, 'I feel like a father figure to them. Technically and tactically they are very good and once they fill out a bit they will become very good players. That was my first experience of being in complete control and I really enjoyed it. We picked up sixteen points in seven games when I took over but we were still relegated from the SSML Premier League'. From there he went to London ASPA and then Azumah Cofie, the Waltham Forest Chairman, signed him up. 'The road is open to anything, I am ambitious, I want to achieve as much as possible here and then we'll see'.

Originally Posted By: 3praise
Rhodes Rhodes Rhodes!!!!! for one I AM NOT GED SEARSON - although i wish as Sir Bobby is a bit of an idol for me and i would give my Tommy Lambourne signed shirt to meet him!!
Rhodes i think your account of Clement at edgeware is very false, from what ive heard he was there "to watch his two boys" and with a big smile on his face and wearing his Nigerian 1989 tracksuit (hoping to be recognised) was talking about how much this was going to cost Waltham Forest - it seemed KTFC were more about the money then the loyality of the players.
From my knowledge and years in Semi pro football (hint hint Rhodes) and i know some might disagree - BUT i didnt think a 7 day approach was needed for clubs that are not in the same league.
If this is the case - i dont know how your season is going to pan out now you have lost the only two players who get goals in your teams! i bet Sugar is laughing all the way to his box in White hart lane.

3praise - A very interesting post and it shows, if you are not Ged Searson himself, you are one of his back room team, that's clearly why you disappeared from view as soon as Ged was unceremoniously sacked by 'Sugar'.
You also give the game away nicely by giving 'your' account of what happened on Saturday when 'the great one' turned up at the White Lion Ground to confront Ged face to face and man to man, Ged backed off and could only say that he didn't want me to post anything about him on the Fans Forum. This coming from someone who cut his Coaching teeth at the Phillips Stadium in Eindhoven working hand in hand with Sir Bobby Robson.

Is that Ged in the background, putting what he learned from Bobby Robson into practice?

IMG_9019.jpg