Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Kentish Town - Striker-less

Originally Posted By: eagles1981
Just a small question though, if dual registration is not allowed, will they be allowed to play for Kentish Town? Or will they have to de-register first from the other team? Or will the players then not want to sign for Kentish Town when they find out they won't be able to play for both? Confused? You will be. Find out this and more, in the next episode of the Kentish Town Soap!!!!!
da dada da da dadadada, da dada da, dadadada, dada, dada, dadadada. biglaugh

Eagles, you are confused. Dual registration between leagues is allowed, but there are rules and processes governing this. If there is to be a loser then it will be club that has swiped them from Kentish Town as they did not go through the proper channels, and at the very least have very bad manners!

You've proved yet again that you're Special1 as The Police is your era of music

I didn't think there needed to be any 7 day approach for dual registration? Personally I'm triple registered and did it all at the start of the season, all you have to do is list the other clubs you have registered for don't you? Is it different if the player approaches the other club?

Match report from Waltham Forest website

Ged Searson earned his first point since taking charge of Forest, but his side will be slightly disappointed that they could not take all three in a game which they dominated, against a promotion-chasing Edgware Town.

Forest signaled their intentions early on with the majority of the pressure in the first 15 minutes. Some good passing play in midfield found debutant John Donoghue who used his strength to earn his side a corner. Donoghue did manage to get a shot in from the corner, but it flew well over the bar.

Edgware had their first real chance of the game moments later when Adam Wallace found his way through, but Rhys Madden was able to deflect his shot over for a corner.

An injury forced Miles Jones off with only 24 minutes played, but his replacement, Gazmend Dauti looked good early on and went on to become a key figure in Forest's performance.

Edgware began to pin Forest back as the first half progressed, but they couldn't find a way past Tom Howell and Nathan Fletcher who instantly formed a strong partnership.

On 52, Dauti's ball into the box was directed goalwards no less than three times, but shots from Manny Sackey, Lee Scott and Rachid Kamara were all somehow kept out by home 'keeper Rob Blackbourne.

Dauti almost put Forest ahead on 54, with a curling shot from the right hand side of the six yard box. However, his shot was handled on the line by Rory Smith, who was only booked for his foul.

Dauti stepped up to take the penalty, but Forest's luckless run with penalties continued as Blackbourne somehow managed to claw Dauti's shot out from the bottom corner.

The Wares were rattled at this point, and somehow managed to withstand wave after wave of pressure coming down the wings from Kamara and Dauti.

Ged Searson brought on Obina Ronaldson and Obiji Chima in an attempt to find a break through, but the home defense were equal to the pressure, and with a little bit of luck, managed to keep a clean sheet.

In the final moments of the game Edgware had a few half chances, but their lack of finishing proved frustrating for the home crowd, meaning the points would be shared.

Forest can take great pride from this performance and if they are able to play at a similar pace and positivity in the coming weeks, they will soon start to climb the table.

Originally Posted By: Bitch
Just a small question though, if dual registration is not allowed, will they be allowed to play for Kentish Town? Or will they have to de-register first from the other team? Or will the players then not want to sign for Kentish Town when they find out they won't be able to play for both? Confused? You will be. Find out this and more, in the next episode of the Kentish Town Soap!!!!!

Eagles, you are confused. Dual registration between leagues is allowed, but there are rules and processes governing this. If there is to be a loser then it will be club that has swiped them from Kentish Town as they did not go through the proper channels, and at the very least have very bad manners!

lip up fatty!!!

Originally Posted By: Gavin
Edgware have a deal with WGC wherby they play Edgware players coming back from injury and out of the first team in first team matches in the SSML, it appears to have worked well for both WGC and Edgware this season.

The existing WGC players don't like it - a few have left.

Originally Posted By: NeutralFan
I didn't think there needed to be any 7 day approach for dual registration? Personally I'm triple registered and did it all at the start of the season, all you have to do is list the other clubs you have registered for don't you? Is it different if the player approaches the other club?

Welcome back - how were the hols?

From the WFFC Site

"Powerful forward signed from Kentish Town after impressing in a friendly against Barking"

"Forward, also signed from Kentish Town and will link up at Forest with his strike partner Johnathan Donoghue."

The plot thickens!

Gavin - Thanks for posting that, do you have the article in the Non League paper handy about Ged Searson, if so would you mind posting it if you can be bothered to type it all out and have time, I know you're one of the very few who never minds going that extra mile

Originally Posted By: NeutralFan

There most certainly does need to be 7 day approach for a player who is currently playing for another club. Most dual registration happens with the mutual agreement of the two managers. In theory, there needs to be a 14 day gap between each signing too.
In your case of signing for three clubs before the start of the season, I believe there would still be a problem if clubs B or C asked you to play when you had been playing regularly for club A, unless manager A was happy with the situation.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Gavin - Thanks for posting that, do you have the article in the Non League paper handy about Ged Searson, if so would you mind posting it if you can be bothered to type it all out and have time, I know you're one of the very few who never minds going that extra mile

why dont you buy a copy you tight ar55ed twat?

I draw some honourable gentlemen to the following...

Players Without Written Contracts

2. (a) Regulations Concerning Approaches

Players who are not under written contract to a Club may be registered with a number of Clubs at any time, subject to the following provisions and those of the Competitions in which they play:

(i) Competitions sanctioned by The Association under Regulation 3 of the “Regulations for the Sanction and Control of Competitions” may make their own regulations for the approach of Players between Clubs of the Competition.

(ii) During the current season* any Club wishing to approach a Player known to be registered with or having played for any other Club must give to the Secretary of each such Club seven days’ formal written notice of the intention to approach the Player.

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
Edgware have a deal with WGC wherby they play Edgware players coming back from injury and out of the first team in first team matches in the SSML, it appears to have worked well for both WGC and Edgware this season.

The existing WGC players don't like it - a few have left.

It must be difficult as they dont know that their team line is from week to week and its like having two seperate teams within one I would imagine.

I am sure if Richard Morton had been on form like he was last season whilst at WGC they would have been happy, but 'Morts' will have to write this season off due to injury I am afraid frown

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Sorry dont have the paper to hand, who is Ged Searson?

I just had a thought, if I had not had mentioned the pair of Kentish Town strikers in my blog match report would this debate even be taking place?

It's only because I take an interest in Kentish Town that I had to mention them as I was so surprised to see them line up for Waltham Forest.

Ged Searson's our manager. Saved Harringey from relegation a few years back and was with London APSA until now. Has a fair few coaching badges too, but that doesn't always mean he's going to be a good manager.

Hopefully with a bit more money at his disposal he can do well for us.

*That was my 100th post, go me!*

Originally Posted By: ForestGump

Ged Searson's our manager. Saved Harringey from relegation a few years back and was with London APSA until now. Has a fair few coaching badges too, but that doesn't always mean he's going to be a good manager.

Hopefully with a bit more money at his disposal he can do well for us.

*That was my 100th post, go me!*

Ahh the Haringey connection thats why Rhodes is interested in the article.

Originally Posted By: ForestGump
IMO we haven't done anything wrong. If the players want to come to us, I don't think we have to put a 7 day in.

They can still play for both of us, as we're in different leagues.

They're not on contract are they? :s Then we really would be fckd!

dont think they are
rumour has it mrs rhodes has been..but not under contract

Originally Posted By: Horace
Most dual registration happens with the mutual agreement of the two managers. In theory, there needs to be a 14 day gap between each signing too.

28 days, actually.

Whilst the club that loses the players can make a protest, ultimately it doesn't serve any purpose as the offending club will usually only receive a slap on the wrist. If a club insists on retaining its players in the face of interest from bigger clubs, they tend in most cases to be leaving themselves with unhappy players on their hands giving less than 100% effort to the team.

It's always been dog eat dog and the better players in an overachieving lowly club will always be the targets for bigger clubs. It's happened in the ESL at clubs like Clapton and Stansted for years. Now Kentish Town have stuck their heads above the parapet and Step 4 & 5 clubs are always going to be inclined to have a sniff around to see what they can pick up, especially when (as in this case) the manager of the bigger club has a reasonable knowledge of the club and players already.