Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

With 11 games left

Steph

I dont think there is much chance of reaching the playoffs as there are 9 clubs who would all have more points than us if they win their games in hand. 7 0f those clubs would have 7 points more than us. Obviously these clubs wont win all their games in hand but I dont think that Brentwood or Canvey will both drop 7 points in their three games in hand.

The best we can hope when it all unwinds in the next few weeks is around 7th in the table with say 8 games left to make up, I reckon, 5-6 points on the two teams above us in order to reach the play-offs with no other side overtaking us.

But we are not the form side whereas, with the exception of Maldon, other clubs are. The board cannot be happy with the situation but the club owes an awful lot to Jim. Perhaps a David Pleat solution is the best idea . Director of football?

One good thing = we now cannot be relegated.

Originally Posted By: Gazza
Originally Posted By: Steph
....... but the club owes an awful lot to Jim. Perhaps a David Pleat solution is the best idea . Director of football?....

Agree, but I would prefer a clean break so no interference with a new management/coaching team can happen.

I was with you Steph but the lack of clear and decisive "Board Action" has made the situation worse. I'm now with Gazza as goodwill has declined fast towards Jim as the lost games continue to mount. His holiday at a crucial time did not help either. The issue will only get worse until the Board grasps the nettle.