Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Division One season finale

Having watched this unfold many people would say that Royston are going to win this division. I'd like to know who you all think will finish in what positon. For me, I like the way Royston, Hoddesdon and New Bradwell have gone about their business in an understated manner and have won games without shouting to the world they they are the best thing since sliced bread. For me, Royston are really on a roll and will win it. Second place is wide open. Your thoughts?

It would appear to be Royston's to lose. Kentish Town only have the one fool talking stupidly - the rest of the guys are fine. It would be a real achievement for them if they finished in the top two (or three), and, without Rhodes' idiocy people would be congratulating them on their success.

Originally Posted By: striker8
personally I still think it is wide open. Hoddesdon, Royston, New Bradwell, Haringey and Stony Stratford will all be contesting 1st place. The games between them will be key. Hoddesdon have Stony, Royston then Haringey in their next 3 games. Win those it all looks good.

There's not even a mention of Kentish Town in this post and that's just ridiculous when we're four points clear at the top and only just out of first gear

Clippy, Striker8 obviously thinks you guys won't be in the running come April!

Personally, I think you guys will be hanging around like a bad smell competing for that second place spot

I wouldn't mind betting that Striker8 plays for Hoddesdon, that's obviously why he's left us out of the equasion as it's sour grapes from when we won comfortably in the league at Lowfield. We've never been overly impressed by Hoddesdon even when they hit the ground running at the start of the campaign and looked like sweeping all before them, we were waiting for the blip and they're currently far too inconsistent rather like Bedford for example.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
I wouldn't mind betting that Striker8 plays for Hoddesdon, that's obviously why he's left us out of the equasion as it's sour grapes from when we won comfortably in the league at Lowfield. We've never been overly impressed by Hoddesdon even when they hit the ground running at the start of the campaign and looked like sweeping all before them, we were waiting for the blip and they're currently far too inconsistent rather like Bedford for example.

Here we go again. Firstly you are full of supposition that Stiker8 plays for Hoddesdon, so what if he does, but he's just as likely to play for New Bradwell or Stony or Harringey!! But no, hey, lets have a go at Hoddy. Then you start bashing Bedford. Why? Leave out the bashing and voice your opinion on the topic of the thread, please.

That's exactly what I am doing, I pulled Striker8 up because he didn't include Kentish Town in his list of Club's in contention which was ludicrous when we're four points clear and looking unstoppable

Originally Posted By: NeutralFan
Here is the 'real' league table (points per games played)... unbeleivably tight!!

SSMLDiv125-02-2008.jpg

An interesting twist, though, is that Royston still have 9 away game left out of their 12 remaining fixtures, while Kentish Town have 7 at home out of their 10 remaining games. Hoddy have 5 home, 8 away. The others are pretty even.

Not sure you do see my point! Maybe the extra away games that Royston have to play, and the opposite for you, will swing the balance towards Kentish Town!

I do honest guv. Not sure how ugly the below will look so apologies in advance.

Home

P W D L %W %D %L

KTFC 11 7 2 2 64% 18% 18%

SS 13 9 1 3 69% 8% 23%

RT 15 9 3 3 60% 20% 20%

HT 13 7 2 4 54% 15% 31%

NBSP 12 7 3 2 58% 25% 17%

HB 12 8 2 2 67% 17% 17%

SLB 13 5 4 4 38% 31% 31%

BT 13 8 0 5 62% 0% 38%

Away

P W D L %W %D %L

KTFC 15 8 3 4 53% 20% 27%

SS 11 5 4 2 45% 36% 18%

RT 9 5 1 3 56% 11% 33%

HT 10 7 2 1 70% 20% 10%

NBSP 12 5 6 1 42% 50% 8%

HB 12 5 6 1 42% 50% 8%

SLB 12 7 0 5 58% 0% 42%

BT 12 5 0 7 42% 0% 58%

Does home advantage matter that much at step 6? The pitches are generally poor, varying standards of poor but, nevertheless, poor. Also, there is hardly going to be a strong home support swaying the difference in any game. The best anyone can muster is 100 or so at Royston and if players let 100 people influence their performance, they should retire to Sunday football. You would expect the best sides to flourish at this level, regardless of where they are playing.