Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hot off the press!

andyetfc

Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
What the hell has 1893 got to do with Donkey Lane. Any claim the owners or fans had ended when the once great EFC folded. EFC no longer exists. Just because the new owners decided to steal the old club badge and use the name Enfield in the title for the new club means nothing. It is a new club that chose to play in Ware. The FA should never have let the old club badge be used again and as the new club does not play in Enfield the name Enfield should never have been allowed to be used. I have no problem with 1893 fans but the whole debacle should not have been allowed to happen.
Those sort of comments are not helpful . If this very sad and frustrating situation continues ,Then nobody wins ,If you cant say anything helpful then I suggest you stay off this subject as L/S suggests you do. We all want an end to this saga someday . Please dont allow your petty gripes to sour an interesting topic . You seem to have lost sight of who the villan was Tony Laz dont take it out on steve.

Originally Posted By: MKJames

I don't honestly think the FA truly have a clue about football.

For example they could make it much harder for property developers to take over football clubs and sell the land for personal gain but they don't.

Very true! When i first went to watch EFC at Southbury Road, the ES were one of the biggest and best non league teams. Playing in a great stadium with a good atmosphere. Now there are 2 teams, one playing the likes of Beaumont and APSA the other playing the likes of Waltham Abbey and Arlesley.

Neither side have really captured the imagination and support of the tens of thousands of football fans in the borough and area.

What the hell has 1893 got to do with Donkey Lane. Any claim the owners or fans had ended when the once great EFC folded. EFC no longer exists. Just because the new owners decided to steal the old club badge and use the name Enfield in the title for the new club means nothing. It is a new club that chose to play in Ware. The FA should never have let the old club badge be used again and as the new club does not play in Enfield the name Enfield should never have been allowed to be used. I have no problem with 1893 fans but the whole debacle should not have been allowed to happen.
Hah Hah ,Thats more like it Mr Crappy ,Back to youre normal arrogant nasty self eh mate .I always knew that youre as thick as sh!t, So who did the cliquey clan nick their club badge from then eh made ? looks like half the E's badge to me with a football stuck to his foot , A bit like youre forward line at present eh mate .

Originally Posted By: football fanatic

TWAT. the 'new' owners were in charge of EFC years before liquidation, the 'new' owners maybe didn't have a choice in the matter of liquidation as they had to try the impossible task of repaying TL's debts and did do for a long time. EFC were playing in Ware, so we should have changed our name and got a new badge? EFC1893 was created with the same EVERYTHING as EFC just without debts, stealing the badge? what a load of rubbish. I'm sure we would have much rather chose to play in Enfield had we the chance. The papers in Enfield still report Enfield games (however little) and the majority of support travel from Enfield to get to games so we must still have some connection with Enfield..

Thanks for the personal abuse! mad When you take over a business you would normaly carry out a due dilligence to assess the financial status of the business you wish to take over. If this had been done then your present board may not have taken on the risk. Then to just liquidate and get rid or your debts and to set up a a new business that is exaclty the same as the old one seems to me to be totally wrong. Set up a new buisiness and club by all means but don't trade under the banner of a club that doesn't exist.

Totally agree with you Happy.

"the 'new' owners maybe didn't have a choice in the matter of liquidation as they had to try the impossible task of repaying TL's debts and did do for a long time. "

If they had looked at the company before "purchasing" it then they would have known that the task was "impossible" so why not let the club go into liquidation?

One has to seriously consider their motives.

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
I see Tarquin has taken a long enough break from the gay chatrooms to allow MFM to cause havoc for an frantic hour on his PC.

He's no Iron hoof , BTW Did you see his sister on the roof of the commons unveiling out the banners eh mate . Security was a farcical joke , A great achiement slipping past security guards playing cards eh mate. blushAnd To make them look even dumber more green campaingers did the business again today . brille008

Originally Posted By: Steph
Totally agree with you Happy.

"the 'new' owners maybe didn't have a choice in the matter of liquidation as they had to try the impossible task of repaying TL's debts and did do for a long time. "

If they had looked at the company before "purchasing" it then they would have known that the task was "impossible" so why not let the club go into liquidation?

One has to seriously consider their motives.
My dear old friend , Sorry if you get offeneded by my comments but The Townies to my knowledge are carrying some degree of debtt .Would you and youre fellow townie clan members have the same opinions if you lot went tits up . I doubt it very much ,Mr Happy makes statements that could well one day bite him on the ar$e and guess who will let him have it . I call it skating on thin ice mate. Regards KC.

MFM Of course I dont get offended.

I daresay Enfield Town do have debts, why not? It is normal business practice. However Happy and I agree that debts have to be honoured and taken into account when doing business. It is there where I have to disagree with you. You seem to suggest that debts can be ignored and forgotten about. I know that you really dont hold to that view so why do you associate with people that do.

Enfield Town was born out of the lies that were told to us by TL and it seems that EFC continued the same as the old boss as coup would say.