Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hot off the press!

andyetfc

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
Who knows.There are at least 3 parties that have shown an interest in the site.ETFC / E1893fc / The rugby club currently based in Donkey Lane. ETFC would probably like to see a total demolition/rebuild of the site apart from the mainstand/cafe building.The other two parties would probably agree to playing in the middle of the running track and just carry out work needed to meet minimum standards of the repective leagues they compete in.

You can be sure the council have an ulteria motive.You can be sure that the 300 comment is significant to who they would prefur to install at the stadium.

The rugby club bar is always busy.I wonder if they have more than 300 members? Or have the council worked out that ETFC and 1893 probably have 300+ members between them and are trying to initiate a merger??
Interesting point but I'm sure enfield council know that the constitutional difference between our clubs would be too great for any such merger to happen, However I'm sure Steve would listen to any other suggestions as the chance of playing inside Enfield again would be very tempting . He has stated in the past to our supporters committee and to other club members that he would considor a groundshare with Enfield Town but I doubt this would be to everybody's liking . But I would remind you all that we still have a football foundation grant to spend . I myself would rather spend the grant (which is a reasonable sum) on Donkey lane and for the benefit of Enfield people at both of our clubs rather than someone else's ground elsewhere. I'm sure Steve and the rest of our board would be open to discussion with Enfield Town & Enfield council about such a move . The big question is would Enfield council be open to discuss it or indeed Would your board ?. Our agreement with Ware F C is coming to an end fairly shortley . Another question is can you break your agreement with BS&SC so easily ?

Genuinely pleased to know that you've got a Football foundation grant.I presume it was granted to the new club?The trouble is the grant probably would have been more IF you were already installed in new ground and you could show them what needed doing.So whilst your grant would go well with our seats and terracing, most Town fans would NOT favour any groundshare with any club, especially 1893.If the council forced us to accept a groundshare,otherwise another club would be given the site exclusively, we may reluctantly take up the proposal.Lets be honest, your board have constastly and consistantly ignored any dialogue or contact at all with ETFC.Why would the council think the two clubs could build,run and share a ground with eachover.

Regarding Brimsdown.We have a half share of the lease.we are 50% responsable for running the site.We made 100% certain before signing the lease with Enfield council that we are under no obligation to continue to play there (although we retain that option for 30 years ,if we so wish.)Or that it would affect any dicision with regard to future sites becoming available.

Look,from the sound of it Enfield council are excluding 1893fc if they are saying they require 300+ current members.Of course as you say, they may be hinting at a share.Alternatively lets not forget that LLoyds have over 300 local sports members,have the money to redevelop the site,and have shown a constant interest in the site for many years.So i wouldn't hold out to much hope that any of us will be playing there in the future.

I agree. ETFC have no more right (or chance) of gaining the site than 1893.I wouldn't put money on either of us getting it.Longterm EFC/1893 fans are owed by this council just as much as the longterm EFC/Town fans.

The difference is that your chairman has killed off forever any chance of a merger,liquidated the original club and put you longterm future at risk,in order to chase this slim chance of the QE.We at least have made contingencies in case our slim chance doesn't come off.

What the hell has 1893 got to do with Donkey Lane. Any claim the owners or fans had ended when the once great EFC folded. EFC no longer exists. Just because the new owners decided to steal the old club badge and use the name Enfield in the title for the new club means nothing. It is a new club that chose to play in Ware. The FA should never have let the old club badge be used again and as the new club does not play in Enfield the name Enfield should never have been allowed to be used. I have no problem with 1893 fans but the whole debacle should not have been allowed to happen.

Chase, Southbury and Town Area Forum

Thursday, 25th January, 2007 7.30 pm

ix. Min. 6.8 Queen Elizabeth ll Stadium

Councillor Rye advised that the Enfield and Haringey Athletics Club had now moved into the new facility at Picketts Lock.

He said that the refurbishing of the Q.E. ll Stadium was being looked into for community access.

Councillor Rye reported that consultations would take place over the possibility of re instating Enfield Football Club at the grounds, which would be ‘good news’ for Enfield.

I know we have all moved on, but it's a funny old game!

That was well over a year ago,and it refured to the old Enfield FC.It also never specified if the 'reinstalling' would be longterm or until just until the council were ready to redevelop the ground.My understanding was that EFC were trying to get a one season lease out of the council,probably in order to have a stronger hand when the time came to reallocate the site.

Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
What the hell has 1893 got to do with Donkey Lane. Any claim the owners or fans had ended when the once great EFC folded. EFC no longer exists. Just because the new owners decided to steal the old club badge and use the name Enfield in the title for the new club means nothing. It is a new club that chose to play in Ware. The FA should never have let the old club badge be used again and as the new club does not play in Enfield the name Enfield should never have been allowed to be used. I have no problem with 1893 fans but the whole debacle should not have been allowed to happen.

TWAT. the 'new' owners were in charge of EFC years before liquidation, the 'new' owners maybe didn't have a choice in the matter of liquidation as they had to try the impossible task of repaying TL's debts and did do for a long time. EFC were playing in Ware, so we should have changed our name and got a new badge? EFC1893 was created with the same EVERYTHING as EFC just without debts, stealing the badge? what a load of rubbish. I'm sure we would have much rather chose to play in Enfield had we the chance. The papers in Enfield still report Enfield games (however little) and the majority of support travel from Enfield to get to games so we must still have some connection with Enfield..

To be fair,the new owners DID have a choice about taking on TL's debts.They chose to take them om when the rest of us knew that waiting indefinately for Tone to leave and then inheriting that level of debt (especially without a ground in Enfield and with no income stream was totally un viable).Mr Whittingtons consortium went against the wishes of most of their fans and took over what was left of the club, and with it, all the debts.They then failed to replay those debts and the club was liquidated.Rather than saving football in Enfield by keeping EFC going,i believed those that did so, fatally damaged the chances of a united and strong Enfield team emerging from the ashes of Tony Lazarou's reign.

1893 re merging seemlessly as to the old EFC.

Christ! That was what ETFC was going to do, before a couple of local businessmen put an almighty spanner in the works.