Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Jim Chandler resigns!

rayw

Copied from town website

"Jim Chandler

Following Town's recent drop in form, Jim Chandler offered to step down as Manager of Enfield Town FC. Jim's resignation was accepted and the Club now look to appoint a replacement.

It is a sad day for Town, where Jim Chandler has been manager since day one. An ex- Enfield FC manager, taking Preston North End to a replay at St Alban's Clarence Park, Jim helped to build the club, often literally, into what it is today. Drawing on a range of contacts, Jim built a team from scratch back in 2001 to begin playing friendlies and then moulded a formidable side finishing Runner's Up in the Essex Senior League in the debut season, and winners in only the second season of existence. Since then Town won the Essex Senior league a second time, and have only finished outside the top three once when they dropped to fourth spot. A host of trophies and Senior County Cup finals have marked the success of Jim's sides over the years.

Failing to clinch automatic promotion narrowly in recent years, Town were unable to progress via the Play off route. An unsettled side this season has left the club outside the play off places and struggling to recreate the form of previous seasons.

Jim has decided the time is right for change and he is to step aside from the club he loves and give some one else a chance. The club and it's supporters cannot thank Jim enough for the huge contribution he has made over the years and wish him all the best for the future. He will always be welcome at Goldsdown Road.

Enfield Town Vice Chairman Martin Cantrell said "Jim's contribution from the outset has been instrumental and cannot be underestimated. We can't thank him enough for what he has done and he will have a permanent place in the history of this club".

Now it is time to move on and a successor will be announced shortly.

Saturday's game at home against Redbridge will be Jim's last game in charge and it is hoped that Supporters will come along and show their appreciation for all Jim has done over. "

Thank you Jim for all you have done since the clubs creation we couldnot have started so well without your guiding hand in the beginning. Maybe we are a victim of the success in the early days in that we the fans today expect that success to continue onward and upwards.

The next manager can be under no illusion. We want that promotion.

I have a present for you on Saturday if you will accept it.

i think JC has done the right thing, he has done a great job since the formation of ETFC not just on the pitch off it as well,he has put in a hell of a lot of work for the club which i think deep down everybody appreciates a hell of a lot.

Iam sure everybody will wish him all the best in the future and hope to see at a town game in the future.

Iam sure on Sat he will get a great reception which he deserves by all the supporters thanking him for all his efforts.

All the best Jim

Chopper

I'm sure he'll get a great reception.A man of honour.He said he would step aside if we didn't gain promotion.

We were correct in demamding a change,but its still a sad day when it finally happens.The opening chapter/era of Enfield Town Fc is over.Chapter 2 is going to be crucial.

As the offical stament said,Jim will always have a warm welcome whenever he comes back to Brimsdown in the future.Our arguement was always football related, never about Jim as a person.

What a great bloke.

In the early days of the club JC would spend all day Saturday involved with ETFC and then on Sunday go scouting, and then come along to help build the ground, this is on top of having a full time job and all the other football activities during the week.

A BIG THANK YOU to Jim for all he has done for and with the club, and I know he will get a fantastic reception on Saturday

I can't make Saturday's game to participate in giving JC a good send off. All I can say is best of luck in the future Jim, and in line with what everyone else has said already, thank you for all the hard work that you have put in to take ETFC to where it is today. Whoever takes over the reigns has a hard act to follow, and I am very anxious to see how the club moves forward in your absence - I feel this is an important junction in the club's short existence.

It is a sad day, and you will live long in the history of the club. Nobody I'm sure would have wished for anything more than to see you guide our club, and the borough's only football club, back into the dizzy heights of the non-league, being a true Towner at heart!!

I hope that you personally keep an interest in Enfield Town Football Club, and we will see you on the terraces whenever possible. No matter what criticism has been aimed at you over the course of this season, be it at matches or on this forum, what you have done for the club is greatly appreciated, and 10 years is a very long time in a club's history, especially when it is their first years - I'm sure you too felt our frustration of how it has unfolded this season, and how the mind of a football fan works when they watch their side on a poor run of form, or take a backward step so to speak from finishing 3rd two seasons running.

That is football though. I hope the future holds the very best for both JC and ETFC. Here's to the board finding the right man to build on the foundations that Jim has left us.

I agree that this is probably the best decision, although it must have been very hard for Jim to make. It will certainly be different without him.

I would like to add my thanks and appreciation for everything he has done for us, and I hope he will also consider himself a Towner. Best of luck in any and whatever other position in football you take up Jim. Remember you do not become a bad manager overnight.

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
I feel Jim was just too trusting and loyal to certain players and colleagues(which in turn upset others in the squad.Which in turn affected overall team moral and spirit).He let personalities cloud hard footballing decisions.He was too loyal to favoured players and staff.We knew he would remain loyal to certain people,even if it ultimately hastened his departure from the club he loved.If he would have got in an expert coaching staff to complement his own talents, it could have been great.But Jim was too stubborn and loyal and chose to go down with the ship rather than be ruthless.Jim is one of the good guys.So were the people around him.They just wern't the best at guiding him and the club to the next level.I also don't think that the court case a few years back helped him at all.It meant that boardmembers who may have otherwise dipped into thier pockets to exccelerate the clubs growth, were less willing or able to do so because of the large amounts they had already coughed out in paying the court bills.

Hang on a minute LS. One minute you are saying well done and good luck, etc, and the next you are telling us all where it all went wrong.

Let's just say a big thanks and good luck to Jim in a similar role and move forward.

As for the following. 'It meant that boardmembers who may have otherwise dipped into thier pockets to exccelerate the clubs growth, were less willing or able to do so because of the large amounts they had already coughed out in paying the court bills.' Are you now saying that the club would have moved up the pyramid quicker had board members used their own money to pay better players? I wouln't even go down that route.

Fair play.I wrote that in a rush,and looking back over it,i accept it probably isn't the right time too discect the past. I for one will be applauding Jim and his staff as keenly as anyone on Saturday.I would have dearly loved for them to take us into the prem.I know thats what Jim wanted more than anything as well.

Lots of threads on here about Jim - all good stuff.

As said over the past few months nobody on here or at the Club have any doubt about Jim's dedication to The Town.

He has without doubt been one of it's greatest supporters.

Everyone will, I am sure, wish him well.

However, if our Club is to progress, time is right for a change.

Let's hope the right person comes into a tough pressure position.

Good luck Jim.

Good luck whoever is next.

I assume the entire Management Team are going after Saturday ?