Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

7 - 1 Capital League Game

Excellent game tonight, well deserved win, could have been double figures if not for the Brimsdown keeper.

Ricci Crace got a hat-trick, Luke Marshall got two, Andy Jones got a header and Rudi Hall scored a penalty.

Great attacking football with the players keeping the ball on the ground, nice free flow to it.

All players looked relaxed, it was nice to see them laughing and joking with each other for a change. All seem in high spirit.

Now just to get the feeling back in my toes!

Enfield Town Reserves 7 Brimsdown Rovers Reserves 1

Goals, Hall, Crace(3), Marshall (2), Jones

Team Hasler, Hodge, Nyamah, Mitchell, Carroll, Harvey, Velandia, Hall, Marshall, Crace, Bastian. Subs Jones Grieves Nay

Town had 3 goals disallowed 2 for offside and one because the linesman adjudged the ball had not crossed the line. Town had chances for about another 20 and I approved of the flowing and attacking football.

Rudi 10 mins from Penalty spot after Lukie brought down

Ricci lovely take down on the volley no chance

Ricci lovely take down on the volley other side of goal no chance.

Ricci tap in after Marshall made.

Marshall netted nicely left side

Marshall netted nicely right side

Jonah header from distance crossed line before Ricci crashed it in the net.

Obviously not Ware first team but a nice confidence boost!

Originally Posted By: Park Lane Towner
Excellent game tonight, well deserved win, could have been double figures if not for the Brimsdown keeper.

Ricci Crace got a hat-trick, Luke Marshall got two, Andy Jones got a header and Rudi Hall scored a penalty.

Great attacking football with the players keeping the ball on the ground, nice free flow to it.

All players looked relaxed, it was nice to see them laughing and joking with each other for a change. All seem in high spirit.

Now just to get the feeling back in my toes!

If our FINISHING had been better we WOULD have got into double figures!!!

bow

Originally Posted By: Park Lane Towner
Originally Posted By: Squadron Leader
If our FINISHING had been better we WOULD have got into double figures!!!

bow

lol I know but had to give credit to there keeper

No argument there, quite glad that Ashley was not in Goal for Brimmo this time!!!!

giggle

Originally Posted By: Dr Clap MD
Your maths are a bit out, I think.

Ricci got 4 (including the Jones header he touched over the line)

Luke got 2

Rudi got 1 (pen)
-----

We (the fans closest) beleived Jonah got it over the line before Ricci got a toe to it but if Jonah and Ricci are content it was Ricci's so be it! I'm not going to stress over it - It was a pleasure to watch.

From Town website

"A small hard core of the Enfield Town support turned up last night to watch one of the best performances from a Town side for a long time. A strong Town line-up tore apart Rovers reserves and played some of the most accomplished football of the season. Rudi Hall opened the scoring from the penalty spot after Luke Marshall was tripped in the area. Ricci Crace scored four of the other goals with Luke Marshall getting the remaining two. Add to this a "goal" not given when the ball appeared to be cleared out from the back of the net and some exceptional saves from home 'keeper Allan Buck and Town could easily have got into double figures."

If we have that many chances through the football we play then our forwards can afford to miss a few and still get 6 between them I will take that any day of the week.

I like the system we truley played like brazil atractive football is back at goldsdown lets hope its here to stay. cheerleadercheerleadercheerleadercheerleadercheerleadercheerleadercheerleadercheerleadercheerleadercheerleader

Let's not get carried away, cpital League reserve side opposition and all this goood feel factor. The reality is that the first team ahs not been good enough over the last twelve months, a change at the helm is a start of the future, not the answer. i suspect that we are looking at the next two months being a struggle to pick up points and the standard of football remaining below that necessary to being able to challenge next year for promotion.

Saying that we all need to support the club, the new maanagement and the board if we are to get ourselves out oof this mess. A divided club is an unhappy club and one which will not be successful.

Good luck to all at Ware, I'm afraid we are going to need it.

I just want to enjoy watching the team from now to the end of the season and anything else will be a bonus.

You underestmate the impact that the new management will have on the players. This is good because it will take presure off them to get resalts and without the presure im sure they will over achieve for the rest of the season. Go on boys play that great football and supprise us all. My guess is Enfield 2 Ware 1 and some great football in between.