Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Parking for Saturday

As we have limited parking and are expecting a higher crowd than normal to Goldsdown Road for Saturdays encounter with Dartford FC, we would ask that as many of you as possible who can use Public Transport do so to get to the ground. Those of you who do have to drive can you please use the Downs Site for parking please.

Many thanks

"The Guvnor"

giggle

To be fair,most people don't have to drive,but having payed out an average of 8k a year to finance/run/tax/insure a vehicle,most rightly chose to make use of said vehicle.Although i understand the point you are trying to get across.Ie..Its going to be hard to park,what with the volume of cars Darford will be bringing.Even so, i think most of us would still prefer a longer walk to the ground after parking a bit further away, than the grim public transport option.

I agree LS. While I agree with and support the request by The Guv, the bottom line is that there is no longer really any effective choice. Such choice as exists is between a journey measured in hours, in moderate discomfort and possibly including waiting in the rain, and a journey of minutes door to door in warmth, comfort, safety and with 5 Live. ANd that's only from around the borough!

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
To be fair,most people don't have to drive,but having payed out an average of 8k a year to finance/run/tax/insure a vehicle,most rightly chose to make use of said vehicle.Although i understand the point you are trying to get across.Ie..Its going to be hard to park,what with the volume of cars Darford will be bringing.Even so, i think most of us would still prefer a longer walk to the ground after parking a bit further away, than the grim public transport option.

I am glad you understand the point I am trying to get across, if you choose to drive your car to the ground then that's your choice. Perhaps people can "car share" I was purely trying to let people be aware of the conjestion there is likely to be and where is the best place to park.

If you park outside the ground please be mindful of the local residents, we have enough grief from them as it.

crazy2

The more local residents complain about the nuisance caused by Town playing football at Brimsdown, the better chance we have that the council will realise the need to offer us a more suitable local site to play at. wink Their moaning may be doing us a favour??

Seriously though, if we could persuade someone to man the gate entrance to the Downs,then far more people would make use of that,rather than parking infront of residents houses.The amount of cars you see driving up to the main carpark entrance,then turn right or do a u-turn is extensive.Most fail to realise there is parking avaialable on the Downs.Saying that,the real problems arise in bad weather when The Downs gets too muddy and is closed .

Unless you were picking them all up within a short walking distance of all their homes.The fans would still have to park in front of someones house or in a private retail park,around the various pick-up points.Plus the hire of a mini-bus would seriouly eat into club funds.

Question:Park a few miles away from Brimo,and then walk 400 yards to a pick-up point.Hoping that you havn't missed the mini-bus,and or it won't be full when it turns up? Or park 400 yards from the stadium and walk into the ground.I know which one i would go for.

Originally Posted By: Squadron Leader
As we have limited parking and are expecting a higher crowd than normal to Goldsdown Road for Saturdays encounter with Dartford FC, we would ask that as many of you as possible who can use Public Transport do so to get to the ground. Those of you who do have to drive can you please use the Downs Site for parking please.

Many thanks

"The Guvnor"

giggle

best public transport route

get off the train at Enfield Chase station, at 11:28,
come out of the station turn right, down the hill, under the bridge and into the pub!

leave pub @ 14:30, buses leave every 10 minutes to the ground

return retracing your steps, stopping to watch arsenal/Middlesboro

smile confused2

giggle

The more local residents complain about the nuisance caused by Town playing football at Brimsdown, the better chance we have that the council will realise the need to offer us a more suitable local site to play at. wink Their moaning may be doing us a favour??

Seriously though, if we could persuade someone to man the gate entrance to the Downs,then far more people would make use of that,rather than parking infront of residents houses.The amount of cars you see driving up to the main carpark entrance,then turn right or do a u-turn is extensive.Most fail to realise there is parking avaialable on the Downs.Saying that,the real problems arise in bad weather when The Downs gets too muddy and is closed .

Are you gonna offer to "Man" the Car Park then LS? We used to have a Steward doing that, but they got so much grief,it was decided to stop doing it for their own Safety.

duel

Originally Posted By: Arkwright
It's a shame we can't have a club mini-bus/coach to collect people at various locations around, would be so much better.

Yeah and we could charge them to use it,and it could be used for Away Games what a good idea, but who is gonna fund it & drive it?

confused2

Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
WEather permitting, I may have Little Miss Happy with me. Please can a spot be reserved for my tank???!!!

We will try & do our best but the trouble is we only have 2 designated Disabled Parking Bays at Brimmo, not enough to go round me thinks!!!

doh

Are you gonna offer to "Man" the Car Park then LS? We used to have a Steward doing that, but they got so much grief,it was decided to stop doing it for their own Safety.

duel

At clear sign on the old gate that leads to The Downs would be a good step,and would cut a lot of congestion around the main entrance.

How about 'OVERFLOW CAR PARK' in big letters?

At the moment,only regular home fans realise that there is parking available through those narrow gates.The casual supporter and away fan have no idea,and as such park in the residential roads around the ground.

duel

At clear sign on the old gate that leads to The Downs would be a good step,and would cut a lot of congestion around the main entrance.

At the moment,only regular home fans realise that there is parking available through those narrow gates.The casual supporter and away fan have no idea,and as such park in the residential roads around the ground.

So you'll get that sign done for Saturday then?

evil2 giggle

duel

So you'll get that sign done for Saturday then?

evil2 giggle

Was just saying that one simple sign would make so much more difference than all this unrealsistic retoric about taking public transport.The situation of traffic and parking doesn't affect the regular fan like myself.I would suggest those who are worried by the parking/congestion situation outside the ground, would be the best candidates to write out a sign and place it on the Downs Gates.If they can't be bothered to do that, they can't really be bothered too much about the situation.

As the local residents are the only people directly affected, why not ask one of them to produce a sign for you? Alternatively,i hear a few people at Brimsdown are handy with hand painted signs. whistle