Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dartford latest

Wasn't a one horse race. Dartford did deserve their win. However, we gifted them a very early goal. For the next 25 the game was fairly even and we did have some half chances. After their second we were on the back foot for the rest of the half. We were in the ascendency in the second half and they really were on the back foot. Rudi was involved in a scramble in the box and hit the post. The rebound took the ball to Ossie who headded over the top when he should have got the ball on target. I didn't see the sending off offence but Gazza said it was. However, we should have had a throw in but the ref gave Dartford a free kick and from there they scored. After that we were finished. The neew signing Nuno came on and showed some pace and some good touches. Well done to Dartford, they were the better side but at least we did show some effort. It is mistakes that are costing us and Charlie Hasler had just about his worst game ever for the club.

Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
Wasn't a one horse race. Dartford did deserve their win. However, we gifted them a very early goal. For the next 25 the game was fairly even and we did have some half chances. After their second we were on the back foot for the rest of the half. We were in the ascendency in the second half and they really were on the back foot. Rudi was involved in a scramble in the box and hit the post. The rebound took the ball to Ossie who headded over the top when he should have got the ball on target. I didn't see the sending off offence but Gazza said it was. However, we should have had a throw in but the ref gave Dartford a free kick and from there they scored. After that we were finished. The neew signing Nuno came on and showed some pace and some good touches. Well done to Dartford, they were the better side but at least we did show some effort. It is mistakes that are costing us and Charlie Hasler had just about his worst game ever for the club.

Anyone talking one horse race is talking [****!!****] town had some good periods of the game. But Dartford were electric from the set piece. 3 set pieces 3 goals. Not sure any of them were free kicks though?

Four passes and the ball was in our box. Dartford looked fitter but when pressed at the back they did open up. Steve Velandia and Max Mitchell for me both had some good moves especially in the first half.

Charlie made a fantastic save in the first minutes and then gifted the first goal to Guest in the third minute.

If Rudi had not rattled the bar and the ball gone in then the whole match would have turned at 2 - 1. If's buts and maybes.

More refereeing mayhem. Whether the ref should have sent Kofi off I could not say (I heard different to Gazza from Ciaran) but early on he put a marker down booking Velandia for an excellent tackle. That for me rung great big clanging alarm bells that this ref was NOT one of the best in the league and it was suggested to me the assessor was there today. Not much help to town though.

The first half passed without the Dartford keeper breaking sweat, not one effort on target, however we contained them well for periods & gradually settled.

The second half was much better, sharper passing and getting behind the Dartford defence, but Dartford seemed bigger & fitter and are worthy leaders of the league.

As for the sending off I cant believe anyone who saw it can dispute it wasnt warranted and I was some 90 yards away & called it straight away, I can only imagine something verbal was said to Kofi, as the ball had gone off for a Dartford throw when he decided to try and get the ball off the Dartford player who didnt want to release it so Kofi grabbed him around the throat!!

Not normally acceptable on the field of play as far as im aware, even if provoked, and his behaviour towards the ref after being shown the red card was just as bad.

Other than that the ref did seem to be giving some bizarre decisions for both sides, this peaked in the first half with a yellow for Stevie V for cleanly winning the ball.

Well played Dartford who will be worthy champions come May.

Just to set the record straight.

The ball did not go out for a throw in to ETFC.

The assistant flagged for a free kick for Dartford and the referee waved advantage.

The referee then blew his whistle after he made a judgement that Dartford would not gain an advantage.

Then the mayhem.

Deserved sending off and what about the 'afters?'. Not something which should be associated with our level of football or any level of football for that matter

No doubt people will disagree, but I was standing some ten yards away from the incident looking after 200 Dartford fans!

Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
Thats a good assessment of yesterdays match . The guy that got sent off asked for it and deserved what he got.

Originally Posted By: andyetfc

The assistant flagged for a free kick for Dartford and the referee waved advantage.

The referee then blew his whistle after he made a judgement that Dartford would not gain an advantage.

Then the mayhem.

Deserved sending off and what about the 'afters?'. Not something which should be associated with our level of football or any level of football for that matter

No doubt people will disagree, but I was standing some ten yards away from the incident looking after 200 Dartford fans!

Andy you have not set the record straight and, as you state earlier the world is full of opinions and, perhaps sometimes, we should keep our opinions to ourselves.

I agree that a sending off was the inevitable outcome of what we saw but the protestations afterwards and even Kofi's over reaction to some perceived slight seems to indicate that there may be more to this than meets the eye. I dont think that you heard or saw what happened to get Kofi so annoyed. We have seen Kofi on a number of occasions and it is possible that he has been sent off before this season I know he has been booked and served a suspension but his reaction yesterday did seem out of character. I do not look at Kofi and think that he is one of the bad apples in the squad so I will keep my opinion on the sending off to myself until such time as, if ever, I hear the other side of the story.

I believe that two of the three bookings yesterday were due to our reputation. Glen Harvey booked for his challenge in a heading dual in the middle of the park. What for? You know that Glen is another who does not deliberately foul.

Even you said, when I saw you after the game, that Steve Valendia got the ball cleanly. I was on the other side of the pitch but I thought he got the ball but went in pretty hard. Still there is no law against how strong you are in your challenge for the ball providing you dont foul the opponent. My mate said that the ref seemed to delay blowing his whistle for that one then booked him. It was still early in the game so was the ref laying down a strong line because of our reputation?

On the Dartford forum one of their posters states that the ref blew up every time we, the spectators, shouted. I thought that the ref on Saturday was not even handed but give Dartford their due they did not play for fouls, dive or protest but took all decisions for or against in a professional manner. Town could learn a lot from their behaviour.

As has already been said......he did seem to get worked up over "something", and he probably should not have done but we don't know what happened at the time to cause this. Even a neutral on Saturday would have agreed that very little was given Town's way and it seemed that even when the ball was played before contact with the player a free kick was still given. It seemed that every 50/50 you knew which way the play would restart. It's alot easier from the side but I don't think it was an level field on Saturday. Still that's the way it goes. That said Dartford were much stronger in the air and I think too many high balls were played.

Originally Posted By: djwilf
As has already been said......he did seem to get worked up over "something", and he probably should not have done but we don't know what happened at the time to cause this. Even a neutral on Saturday would have agreed that very little was given Town's way and it seemed that even when the ball was played before contact with the player a free kick was still given. It seemed that every 50/50 you knew which way the play would restart. It's alot easier from the side but I don't think it was an level field on Saturday. Still that's the way it goes. That said Dartford were much stronger in the air and I think too many high balls were played.

I thought I heard a comment on Saturday "He who makes the most noise gets the decision" How many fans did Dartford bring?

bigshock

Originally Posted By: Steph
We have seen Kofi on a number of occasions and it is possible that he has been sent off before this season I know he has been booked and served a suspension but his reaction yesterday did seem out of character.

Kofi has been booked 6 times and that was his 3rd sending off of the season....

He has played 24 games....

Originally Posted By: andyetfc

Then the mayhem.

Andy you have not set the record straight and, as you state earlier the world is full of opinions and, perhaps sometimes, we should keep our opinions to ourselves.

I agree that a sending off was the inevitable outcome of what we saw but the protestations afterwards and even Kofi's over reaction to some perceived slight seems to indicate that there may be more to this than meets the eye. I dont think that you heard or saw what happened to get Kofi so annoyed. We have seen Kofi on a number of occasions and it is possible that he has been sent off before this season I know he has been booked and served a suspension but his reaction yesterday did seem out of character. I do not look at Kofi and think that he is one of the bad apples in the squad so I will keep my opinion on the sending off to myself until such time as, if ever, I hear the other side of the story.

I believe that two of the three bookings yesterday were due to our reputation. Glen Harvey booked for his challenge in a heading dual in the middle of the park. What for? You know that Glen is another who does not deliberately foul.

Even you said, when I saw you after the game, that Steve Valendia got the ball cleanly. I was on the other side of the pitch but I thought he got the ball but went in pretty hard. Still there is no law against how strong you are in your challenge for the ball providing you dont foul the opponent. My mate said that the ref seemed to delay blowing his whistle for that one then booked him. It was still early in the game so was the ref laying down a strong line because of our reputation?

On the Dartford forum one of their posters states that the ref blew up every time we, the spectators, shouted. I thought that the ref on Saturday was not even handed but give Dartford their due they did not play for fouls, dive or protest but took all decisions for or against in a professional manner. Town could learn a lot from their behaviour.

Steph.

The only opinion I had was 'Deserved sending off and what about the 'afters?'. Not something which should be associated with our level of football or any level of football for that matter

The rest, I believe, was fact. Mind you, ex referee and eyesight have been questioned in the past.

Still there is no law against how strong you are in your challenge for the ball providing you dont foul the opponent.

Law 12 - Decision 4 of the International FA Board: 'A tackle, which endangers the safety of an opponent, must be sanctioned as serious foul play'.

Mind you, when the Laws were re-written a few yeras ago in a 'dumbed-down' manner, a few weird things crept in (like the reference to a 'touchline'). Law 12 begins ' direct freekick shall be awarded to the opposing team if a player committs any of the following six offences in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force: (lists kicking, tripping, jumping at, charging, striking and pushing).

So it's ok to kick, trip or push an opponent, apparently, provided ypou don't do it with carelessly, recklessly or with excessive force....