Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cobham 3 - 3 NGU

Jurg78

A good game for the neutral on Sat.

NGU were 2 up after 15 min and should really have had the game wrapped up, but somehow we came in at halftime 2 each.

We then went 3-2 up shortly after the re-start. NGU were nowhere near as potent in the second half and it looked like we would hang on for all 3 points, until a very harsh decision on a perfectly timed tackle (the lino who had the better view said it wasn't but couldn't do anything as the ref had given it - so much for them helping each other out!!) resulted in a pen with 5 to go. NGU equalise and a share of the points at the end of the day (at one point after the decision the ref was threatening to send me off because I wanted to ask him a question - and I hadn't even sworn at him - WTF!!!).

Had to be happy with a point after the first 30 min showing, but gutted not to talke all 3 in the end.

I do believe Gussy was one of the strikers for NGU (although I kept him out yay) and looked a useful player (first time I've seen him play).

Hello Jurg smile

I take it you're the keeper then? i was one of the forwards No.11

who was the geezer who got the last ditch tackle in on me when i was clear through i wanted to kill him angry

we went 2-0 up and took our foot of the gas you got a goal back and deserved more after that imo.

Your work rate was good and you wanted it more, regarding the pen i think your player took the man to get to the ball and that's why he gave it to be fair your guy should of stood up he was wrong side to begin with but i've seen them not given!

Good banter with your captain after i megsed him wink

Hello Gussy.

Yeah that was me, had a busy afternoon, so thanks crazy Thought that must have been you, shame I didn't have the chance for a chat in the bar after (you often shoot away early... biglaugh)

That was the same guy who gave the pen away, was a quality tackle as you were just about to pull the trigger!!

Yeah you guys did a bit, although still had enough chances to kill the game off! Yeah the workrate from the youngsters is good to be fair to them.

I know what you mean on the pen, he made it hard for himself, but still though he got the ball first (a couple of your fans behind the goal thought he had to), it's all about opinions though.

Haha yeah I remember that in front of the stand, had a smile to myself and could hear something being said, but couldn't tell what.

My mate was giving me a lift and he wanted to shoot off sharpish!

Don't remind me!!!

Yeah i know we had a few, you saved one at point blank range how did you pull that off was it a case of reactions or the ball just hitting you?

Yeah very true, opinions are like tsf, sorry i mean a r s eholes!

your captain was like you "cheeky fecker good skill though then he thought about it and then said "ahh you kent good skill though" and then shook my hand sooo funny

By the way Jurg Tremendous beard you have there!!! well impressed!!

Originally Posted By: Jurg78
Hello Gussy.

Yeah that was me, had a busy afternoon, so thanks crazy Thought that must have been you, shame I didn't have the chance for a chat in the bar after (you often shoot away early... biglaugh)

Too busy sewing yer pockets securely shut again, Young Gus ????

funny

Whoops, just seen Gussy's earlier reply that mentioned the beard, so apologies SL doh!!

As for the save Gussy I'd like to think it was all about reactions (thought I had a fairly decent game overall IMO), although obviously gutted about conceding 3 (didn't really have much chance with any of them mind).

Haha Remmers is like that, always holds his hand up if he has been done!

Yeah he did get hold of it pretty well, was glad our defence gave him so much time to line it up before finally deciding to shut him down.

The one remaining defender stood in my line of sight which always helps (think it would have only been a token dive all the same!!).

Originally Posted By: Gussy
I already bought a mars bar they weren't getting anything else out of me JR grin

No change there, then !! fliege