Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Don't you find it strange that Petethegreek is never given games to Referee even in Division 2 or in the three Reserve Divisions, what does that tell you

I don't believe it is, besides I bet he would jump at the chance to Referee even at Old Bradwell United or Markyate, he would be in his element

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Don't you find it strange that Petethegreek is never given games to Referee even in Division 2 or in the three Reserve Divisions, what does that tell you

I chose to act as an Assistant Referee only this season. Most of my games have been in the Premier Division with a few in Division 1 and Division 2. I do not mind where I go or which Division the game is in.

I don't believe it is, besides I bet he would jump at the chance to Referee even at Old Bradwell United or Markyate, he would be in his element

Your comments are disrespectful to these Clubs. I, and other Referees, have no problem in officiating any of the Clubs in the League.

Fortunately I don't get upset easily unlike someone else I could mention who throws his toys out of the pram and phones me at the drop of a hat whenever I touch a raw nerve. Forum's such as this one are not life or death, they're a bit of fun, a giggle, why do you take yourself so seriously.

Fortunately I don't get upset easily unlike someone else I could mention who throws his toys out of the pram and phones me at the drop of a hat whenever I touch a raw nerve. Forum's such as this one are not life or death, they're a bit of fun, a giggle, why do you take yourself so seriously.

When you make personal attacks on me by questioning my integrity and then bringing up my ethnic background into discussions then expect me to reply, be it on this forum or at the other end of a telephone line. You wouldn’t dare make these comments to me on a match day because you know what would happen so why make them here?

I can take the banter like anybody else and I have a high tolerance level but when you didn’t get an initial response from me you decided to get abusive.

I respect people’s right to free speech and voice their opinions here but you go too far. Obviously speaking to you has not worked and you are just embarrassing yourself here on this forum. I have afforded you the courtesy of a private conversation rather than get into a slagging match here. You in turn have spoken to at least one of my colleagues about me behind my back. That sums you up.

Many people use this forum such as supporters, players, club officials, referees etc. and I do not have a problem with anyone but you. Some have asked me to explain decisions that have occurred on matches where I have officiated and I have endeavoured to give an honest answer on how I have viewed incidents. We may not agree on occasions but I’ve never been abusive towards the other person. Hopefully more referees will come on here but I doubt it.

Maybe in the light of the FA’s “respect the referee” initiative you will change your attitude but I’m not holding my breath.

You are one of the reasons why there is a shortfall of referees in this country.

I have made many friends on the Spartan League since I joined at the back end of last season.

If you think by your malicious comments that you will hound me out of the Spartan League then you will be very disappointed.

Originally Posted By: petethegreek
Maybe in the light of the FA’s “respect the referee” initiative you will change your attitude but I’m not holding my breath.

So we're agreed that we should now turn our abuse towards the Winos I mean the 1's not good enough to be in chargedamn it I mean Assistant Referees grin

Originally Posted By: Willo the Cat

So we're agreed that we should now turn our abuse towards the Winos I mean the 1's not good enough to be in chargedamn it I mean Assistant Referees grin

I thought with your disciplinary record you already did.

laugh

You in turn have spoken to at least one of my colleagues about me behind my back. That sums you up.

Petethegreek - I think that will walk away with the rant of the year at the next Forum Awards and surely it was way over the top as I bear you no ill will at all. I'll just pick up on one comment if I may and that's the above, I don't recollect speaking to any of your colleagues about you behind your back and wouldn't dream of doing so, you're becoming paranoid!

• 2 years later...

Jonno will no doubt join me in congratulating Ben Furneaux following his richly deserved promotion to Level 3 which allows him Assistant status on the Conference and Referee status on Ryman League and Southern League fixtures. Andrew Aylott and Lee Marshallsay are the only two other SSML Officials also promoted to Level 3.

• 1 month later...

Jonno will no doubt join me in congratulating Ben Furneaux following his richly deserved promotion to Level 3 which allows him Assistant status on the Conference and Referee status on Ryman League and Southern League fixtures

I'm amazed nobody has come on to offer Ben Furneaux their congratulations, this is a young Referee who is destined for great things and could well go all the way

Jonno will no doubt join me in congratulating Ben Furneaux following his richly deserved promotion to Level 3 which allows him Assistant status on the Conference and Referee status on Ryman League and Southern League fixtures

I'm amazed nobody has come on to offer Ben Furneaux their congratulations, this is a young Referee who is destined for great things and could well go all the way

571.gif if you think Cliff is talking total b*****ks again