Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Harlow Game

Keith.P

So, what now?! The effort was ok but we ship some soft goals imo. We keep giving teams head starts which will always make life difficult. I thought "if" we had scored one of those one on ones in second half it would then have been game over. Was not to be though.

Playoffs are not out of reach but it is certainly a hard task now.

Daft really cos normally 4 points out of 6 over easter would be classed as good - But suppose as we had/have high hopes of gaining a play off spot it kind of feels like 2 massive points dropped.

I actually felt sorry for the lads yesterday well the lad's up front at least i don't think i have seen so many near shots in a game,

Any other time it would have equalled the Leyton game earlier in the day 9 - 0 i think. (Nil to Leyton)

I thought our defence was shocking again in the first half but it seems that only gets resolved in the 2nd half but that's to late as we now normally give away a 1st half easy goal in almost every game.

The most annoying thing from where i am watching is we really do have a great squad of players who are ALL more than capable of doing the business on the pitch. Bradley, Tommy & Billy played their socks off yesterday and it was a shame they (& the team as a whole) did not get their just rewards.

We could blame the ref and lino's yet again who were [****!!****]!ng awful (imo) and the worst rugby pitch i have seen for age's but it was (imo) that 1st easy goal that did the damage.

This is my rant over and i am as ever 100% behind the whole of BTFC.

We have the Tools to do the job in hand let's use them.

After 37 games last season we were sat on top of the League with a goal tally of 64-F and 37-A

This season it's 61-F 51-A, which includes conceding 6 to Borehamwood, and 7 to East Thurrock.

Our last five games are all against playoff contenders, so if we can take points who knows, the light at the end of our tunnel is still flickering.

C'mon you Blues

I thought we played well overall yesterday, the effort and commitment was there, just lacked that killer touch/finish at vital moments. The side looked more balanced at 4-4-2 with Black in the middle and Tejan-Sie given a more attacking role. Play-offs are still on, and it is not improbable that come 4:45 on Saturday we could be back in 5th place!

I was very impressed with Tejan-Sie yesterday. A draw was fair although we do keep making things difficult by conceding the first goal.

Reaching the play offs will be difficult now but all five games left are against sides above us in the table. Plus most of the contenders still have to play each other at some point too so points will be dropped elsewhere.

COYB!

I thought it was a good, entertaining game yesterday; played at pace and with plenty of commitment from both sides.

We made some good moves in the second half and seemed to handle the sticky conditions pretty well. I suspect that on a decent early season pitch Tommy, Billy & BWG would have had a field day. But, despite having the upper hand, we couldn't quite find that winner. The effort and commitment were there in abundance though & I hope we can take that forward into the Hendon game.

I thought we had a better game overall, some sloppy defending gave Harlow the lead as often seems to happen, however we scored two really good goals and it was unfortunate we could not convert more of our goal attempts into actual goals.

Realistically the play-offs are out of our reach now, I know its mathematically possible but I'm not holding out hope particularly when you look at our recent performances and the teams left to play.

Coor, is all this optimistic outlook a reaction to too much Tash?

I admire most of our looking on the bright side and I would like to think that we could do it but we need to be more consistant IMO. Other teams around and above us are now putting some form together and we really need to do the same...but it may be too little, too late.

...still saying that, four points over a Bank Holiday would've been considered a good performance. I was just frustrated yesterday. I suppose you could say that the playing surface wasn't that great but so many chances going begging to take all three points...well, lets put clinical as well as consistant into the frame.

Isn't it nice, though, to be moaning about missed chances rather than lack of effort or general poor performance.

I thought that yesterday was a far better performance than we have seen for some time, and I felt that Burbs going off at half time with no other proper striker available was the reason we didn't take all 3 points.

The 442 worked well but highlighted the defensive problems we have. I didn't feel Ronnie commanded the area enough and that puts doubt into the defenders' minds.

Still - win the next 5 and we're in the play-offs..

I think that is a bit harsh Barry T. I thought the back 4 yesterday were quite solid with the exception of Alaile who i thought had a bad game yesterday. I also thought Ronnie commanded his area well yesterday especially given the conditions. Everytime the ball came over the top he was there to clear his lines and the first goal came from his clearance and nearly set up another with a good catch from a cross and a massive throw over the half wayline.

But onwards and upwards. Comeon you Blues!!!

I think the game highlighted the two issues we've had all season -

Firstly key players missing through injury. There is no doubt in my mind that had Heffer, Dormer, Game and Flack all been fit, and Burbs stayed on the pitch, then we would have won comfortably.

Secondly we gave away two sloppy goals through individual errors. I'm not going to point the finger as all the players have been guilty in recent weeks, but we cannot continue giving away the sort of goals that we did over the weekend and expect to get in the play-offs. We kept 19 clean sheets last season (in league games). Even if we don't concede another goal this season we won't match that.

I think this thread has been a rather solid thread of views, and it is nice to see folk giving opinions without being ott. Football is one of those games where (lets face it) we could play poorly most of a game but win it in the last minute and all of a sudden "what a game it was" smile My opinion for what it is worth is leaning with (i feel) the majority in that we do seem to give teams a few softish goals. I certainly would not be able to do any better in the lads positions as they work their socks off but if we could just become a bit more like a ducks ass then we could really push on.

There were/are so many positives not just from Harlow but the comeback against Carshalton and other performances the lads have put in to suggest we have the potential to be (dare i say) a class outfit at this level. Now that is a compliment to the team in my book grin

Cmon uuu bluuuess

I am very positive with this team i think we threw everything at them apart from the kitchen sink, a few months ago we would have been lucky to have one shot on goal, so what a great improvment.I do belevie this team can match any team in this league on the day and i am certaintly looking forward to the future. Blue fan smile

The Future is BRIGHT, The future is Blue & White....(grabs coat)

Actually i am really looking forward to the next game as we do seem to be getting better & better.

"Go on Barry...tell us all what formation and what players you would pick"

It seems my preference of players is most interesting as I was asked this the other day on a different thread.

I'm not sure why I've been singled out on this item, as all i said was that the diffence looked a bit soft and Ronny didn't control his area well - both points made also by others.

I have previously been critical of the management of not being willing to adapt from 531/351 when we need it.

On Monday they answered my questions by starting with the 442, only to have to change it at half time due to injury.

While I was pleased to see this first half and felt that we played better than recently, all I said was that it highlighted that our defence isn't strong enough.

I agree with the comment that Alaile was not at his best, but I thought that the two full backs were excellent, mainly because they were in a position that they most understand - being in a back 4.

My original point was actually positive in that I was saying it was nice to be complaining about missing chances.

My intention of that comment was to state that we created chances but didn't put them away, which is better than not creating chances at all like in some of the recent games.

7 more wins and we're in the Conference South...

Good post. We ALL have tendencies to disagree with one-another during the course of a game - Some see it one way, some see it another. I get chastised on the terraces if we are 2-0 down and i say "i think we can win this" grin But then again i lost when we were 2-1 up against the Dons and i started to shout "were creeping up the league" Then kerplunk they score and it is all my fault for "murraying" it grin That is football - all opinions and i love it !