Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Royston FC...

Originally Posted By: The Watchfull Listener
Royston played two first team fixtures today:

Herts Charity Shield - Leverstock Green 4-5 Royston Town

Friendly - Haringey Borough 1-3 Royston Town

2 teams and won both games - that is not thee bad TWL!

Royston for the title????? could be the team to watch again

I would just like to thank Rhodes for all of his support he has given Sport London e Benfica since joining this forum.

That Sport London e Benfica is so close to his heart that he just can't talking about us is really touching and heart felt - I can tell.

But most of all, I know that his comments are not because SLB rejected to even interview Mr Rhodes when he seemed to be looking to provide his services elsewhere. I can see that my first impressions were spot on and KT's loss.

Once again thanks Rhodes but really do not spend too much time talking about us because it is bordering on an obsession just like KT, Haringey, Lee Scott, Hector, ..... the list just goes on and on and on .... But thanks for your comments. biglaugh

Special1 - All I said was that you won't win Division 1 this season as Royston are fully expected to do so but good luck to you if you come second and get promotion, I have nothing whatsoever against your Club and would even go as far as to say you were a breath of fresh air last season following your promotion from the Middlesex County League.

Originally Posted By: The Watchfull Listener

Friendly - Haringey Borough 1-3 Royston Town

From 'our' Website, if this was Royston Reserves, with their first team at Leverstock Green, the prospect for this season is quite frightening:

http://www.haringeyboroughfc.com/index.php?p=games&s=details&ID=40063&conf=&div=

From the names on the squad its doesnt appear strong enough, also with no reserves it will be difficult to keep 20 or so players happy which they will need in a long 40 plus game season. Surprised Louis Dainty didnt start as im sure his experience would help.

Bosman08 - Yes that's an interesting development at Coles Park and I wonder what was behind the decision not to run with a Reserve Team this season, I also wonder how Allan Fenn feels about it as I'm sure he would prefer a squad of some 35 players at his disposal as opposed to just 20. I'm sure Louis 'pretty boy' Dainty features in Fenn's plans as he's a class act, it's a mystery why he didn't settle at Cockfosters last season although I think that probably tells you a lot about the clique at Chalk Lane as your face either fits or it doesn't.

Blowingbubbles - Yes there are a couple of substantial articles about Royston in the Royston Crow today including a report on last nights game, I guess Cambridge City was a bridge too far for them but they have had an excellent pre-season:

http://www.royston-crow.co.uk/content/crow/sport/default.aspx