Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Royston FC...

Met the Royston Management team today and they and their players are a credit to the SSML. They took defeat graciously and were generous in their praise for New Bradwell in difficult circumstances after a tough game. Its easy to be friendly after a win but Paul, Tony (legend) and the rest of the staff found the time for a chat. I'm sure their loss of form is temporary and if they dont gain promotion this year they will be one of the favourites for it next.

There is plenty of cheap sniping on this forum and I just wanted to give someone a bit of praise for once.

ICUJimmy - Perhaps Royston had just got out of bed the wrong side then on 12 March. You mentioned Tony Galvin in your post who everyone at our Club was looking forward to meeting (see programme notes below) and I think some had even brought autograph books and cameras along but he never came near the tea bar area where we were all waiting wide eyed and he rushed off straight afterwards. It's not every day you get to meet a living legend at our level so we felt somewhat let down:

We will all be in the company of greatness at the Barnet Copthall Stadium this evening and just for once this does not refer to Town

Originally Posted By: ICU JImmy
Met the Royston Management team today and they and their players are a credit to the SSML. They took defeat graciously and were generous in their praise for New Bradwell in difficult circumstances after a tough game. Its easy to be friendly after a win but Paul, Tony (legend) and the rest of the staff found the time for a chat. I'm sure their loss of form is temporary and if they dont gain promotion this year they will be one of the favourites for it next.
There is plenty of cheap sniping on this forum and I just wanted to give someone a bit of praise for once.

applauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplause

Originally Posted By: Newby67
Royston get a good following away from home too. They certainly seem to be a well organised and well supported club. Their management are a credit to Division One.

Like they did at the Copthall Stadium you mean, there can't have been more than five who I assume were their Committee as they asked to be fed and watered at half time

I just felt that it was a very poor show taking into account the importance of the game, you will recall that we were expecting a crowd of around 200 on the night, based on Royston's home attendances, and it was less than a quarter of that.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
I just felt that it was a very poor show taking into account the importance of the game, you will recall that we were expecting a crowd of around 200 on the night, based on Royston's home attendances, and it was less than a quarter of that.

A lot less. You should keep your feet on the ground - there was nothing to suggest that therew ould be a big crowd, and no-one but yourself was surprised

It could easily be the same scoreline as the final day of last season at Garden Walk, I don't think Haringey will know how to play Craig Hammond tactically and he could have a field day

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
It could easily be the same scoreline as the final day of last season at Garden Walk, I don't think Haringey will know how to play Craig Hammond tactically and he could have a field day

Just remind us what you know about Haringey and their team/tactics