Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Royston FC...

Originally Posted By: upside_down
i believe there is a large gap in quality. it will be difficult for the teams going up. Kentish have done well this year but i think based on their squad this year i think they will struggle

Upside Down - Strangely enough we have been discussing this at length since our promotion last week and believe the exact opposite to be the case, there are only a handful of Premier Division teams that stand out from the crowd.

Have to disagree Special 1, over a league season the best sides are the ones at the top.

And with you as well Rhodes, think you will find its quite a big step from 6 to 5 and your club may do well to listen to some advice rather than thinking as you are.

Congrat to KTFC and HBFC on their promotion, also to Jarvo and Beaco on winning Prem Div.

All the factors you mention special 1, are part of what makes them the best side in my opinion. They both won the highest amount of games, which makes them the best footballing side, as in the end that is what football is about.

Originally Posted By: Special1

Royston were far better as a team than KT or Haringey when we met them

Special1 - Royston thrashed you 5-0 at their place and you didn't get a kick, they also beat you 2-1 at Reynolds Field. We took six points off them, what does that tell you!

It is true what they say, not always the best team wins promotion but the most consistent team. We weren't consistent, Royston were only consistent too late and faded towards the end, Hoddesdon, Stony, New Bradwell, and Ampthill were not consistent enough.

KT and Haringey were not the best teams we played against but they did the long-run job asked of them. Well done.

And we have been consistent in abusing you biglaugh

At Step 5,6&7 the are normally 8 teams fighting promotion, 8 teams battling relegation and 4 teams forgoten about - I think KT will be in them 4 which everyone at KT would be happy with for the first season.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

Royston were far better as a team than KT or Haringey when we met them

Special1 - Royston thrashed you 5-0 at their place and you didn't get a kick, they also beat you 2-1 at Reynolds Field. We took six points off them, what does that tell you!
It tells me you know how to read from football.mitoo. It also tells me that you faced Royston at opportune times just like Royston faced us second time around. smile

Special1 - That's just sour grapes and you know it, Royston were very much up for the game at the Copthall Stadium on 12 March but weren't good enough, it's as simple as that. Admitedly Craig Hammond wasn't fit having been kicked out of the game at Hoddesdon the previous Saturday however I wouldn't call that 'facing them at an oppotune time' as they were still in the middle of their purple patch. Why don't you just give us the credit we deserve.

Hector had accounted for Hammond playing in his dossier and had to adjust it accordingly when we saw the teamsheet at 7.20pm and realised that Hammond was only substitute, Paul Attfield had purposely delayed submitting it giving Hector only 25 minutes to change tactics. I think you underestimate us and the lengths we went to this season, for example what other Coach at Step 6 level would go to Ampthill in midweek after work by train and taxi to spy on the opposition and pay the fare out of his own pocket, would you.

I have done this season. Now who's doing the the underestimating?

Especially in the first half of the season. How else would I get to know the teams?

However, I was more concerned with other teams when we were low on personnel, because with a fully loaded squad, I let the opposition do the worrying. biglaugh

Rhodes - Did you also account for us being without one of our main centre halves, our left back and our captain ( central midfielder ) ??!! Obviously your dossier had that in your assumption. So I would say you played both your games against seriously understrength Royston teams but then again what do I know !!??

I have to agree with Willo, except that in the Premier, there were probably only 4-5 teams fighting realistically for promotion, and a bigger group in the middle. I think that Kentish Town and Haringey will probably be in that middle group providing, they keep the majority of their players from the past season

The Watchfull Listener - I believe your centre half was stuck in traffic on his way down to the match on 12 March, I remenber that Paul Attfield was on the mobile to him every two seconds, however rather than carrying on regardless he gave up and turned around. That's not a very good example and he let his team mates and the Club down badly.

Rhodes - Shall I present the actual facts for everyone to read which once again will make your previous thread show your persistent lies and utter garbage. Once again proving on most occasions that you just make things up which makes you look more and more of a TIT everytime and boy the size of TIT you already are is relatively BBBBBBBIIIIIGGGGGGG

Watchfull - Can you confirm that your 'Captain' (brown hair Scottish guy) played for the Reserves along with Hammond. And you just about won that!

Points to note:

KTFC v SS - 4 pts SS

KTFC v Royston - 6 pts KT

KTFC v Hoddy - 6 pts KT

KTFC v Haringey - 4 pts KT

KTFC v NBSP - 4 pts KT

Even last placed Cranfield picked up more points against KTFC than you biglaugh

I can confirm that a number of the first team squad played in the reserve game versus yourselves on Saturday.

The manager looked at other players in the first team fixture at Sun Postal before making decisions on what will be needed player wise for the campaign next season.

RTFC have some extremely good youngsters coming through for season 2008/09!!

Originally Posted By: The Watchfull Listener
Rhodes - Shall I present the actual facts for everyone to read

Interesting that you don't actually say what really happened to your centre half, that was certainly my understanding but feel free to post the real truth and we'll see how far off the mark I am!
Incidentally is it raining in Nottingham today.