Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Season Tickets Votes on the other forum.

So 30,000 guys who very rarely if ever,come to that do not even have any idea where the ground is,are having a vote, on what the locals, (reg supporters) should pay to get in? they had better be very very careful or they will not have a team if they drive the locals out with silly prices.

Well said. Didnt think of that angle - but very true.... how can they decide via vote on what i will pay... when in all liklihood they will not be turning up or paying??!! if they went for 10% increase for revenue sake that could drive people away.... anyway... more myfc debate!!

BustaGut, from what I've read of the debate, virtually no one thinks we should raise ticket prices. The real question is whether to freeze them at current levels or drop them to try to bring a few more people throught the turnstiles.

Regarding the prices, though, and I don't mean this in an antagonistic way, but who SHOULD set the prices?

Originally Posted By: rsheard
BustaGut, from what I've read of the debate, virtually no one thinks we should raise ticket prices. The real question is whether to freeze them at current levels or drop them to try to bring a few more people throught the turnstiles.

Regarding the prices, though, and I don't mean this in an antagonistic way, but who SHOULD set the prices?

I dont agree with dropping prices either, leave them the same is in effect a lowering of prices. keeps all happy

I think dropping Season ticket prices is a good idea, esp if it can be combined with some payment by instalment plan.

It may encourage more fans to buy season tickets, and pay lump sums in advance to the club.

The season ticket cost needs to be kept competitive against pay on the gate prices - hard to state an amount for the former without knowing the latter!

Originally Posted By: PatMan
I think dropping Season ticket prices is a good idea, esp if it can be combined with some payment by instalment plan.

It may encourage more fans to buy season tickets, and pay lump sums in advance to the club.

The season ticket cost needs to be kept competitive against pay on the gate prices - hard to state an amount for the former without knowing the latter!

what I'm trying to say is, if the average price rise across the other grounds is say

Lowering prices for a season would at least eliminate that old chestnut that fans aren't coming to the ground because of the 'high' prices.

And if that is indeed the reason, then - if lower prices are the order of the day - we'll see them all come flocking in next season, eh?

Originally Posted By: BustaGut
Originally Posted By: PatMan

what I'm trying to say is, if the average price rise across the other grounds is say

Originally Posted By: waggamick
Despite the "We'll all be rooned!" predictability of some posters my reading of different MYFC threads will see status quo on prices and incentives based on reducing cost burden put into play.

And in English, that translates to?