Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Kentish Town vs Hoddesdon Town 5 Apr 08

Here is Willos match report. (short version as Hoddy and Rhodes do fair reports)

Hoddy started the better side and Kentish absorbed the pressure well and after 30 mins started to press Hoddy back. 0-0 half time fair as neither team created anything in front of goal. The very loooong second half (some 55 mins) began with Hoddy throwing everything at Town for 5

Congrats lads. Better side on the day won it. We were truely awful and created hardly a thing in front of goal. You converted 2 very good chances and I thought in particular, Lee Scotts finish was pure quality. Not a great advert for the league in terms of the supposed top 2 playing good football, cos I also thought Ive definately seen you play miles better than that but its goals that count!!!

Good luck to KTFC for the rest of the season

Willow the Cat - You conveniently forget to mention that we were swamped with virtually all the top SSML Officials today including Pat Burns, Terry Gilmore, Eric Harrison, Mick Ewen and Bill Scholes and guess who was delegated with pressing their flesh. It would have been handy to know they were turning up beforehand so we could have been properly prepared but I think that's how they like to operate. It was good to see Bill Scholes to get his take on the Holmer Green situation which seems very bleak.

PS Good to see Roger and Jonno too.

Top notch hospitality today Cliff. Coffee was in my hand quick as a flash and I enjoyed the biscuits. Roger commented that sandwhiches were a little un-inspiring but then I think he is too used to the finest cuisine money can buy!!

Shame that Willo was on the bench today, wanted to see "the cat" in action but he took it very well and showed what a good team player he is without any gripes at the managements rotation policy.

Interesting to finally see your ground today. When we pulled up I must admit to comparing it, from the outside, to some kind of Afghan sports facility, all concrete and towering, the kind of place the Taliban took women who dared to bare their ankles, to be shot or hung from the goalposts.

Having said that, it's not that bad a place. The facilities are good, from changing rooms to supporters refreshment area, 50p for a cuppa, bargain, and adequate seating for bloody hundreds!!

Im still old fashioned though and prefer to be a little closer to the action than I found myself today.

All in all, not too shabby, well done.

Here is a short video I took from when I was up in the heavens, inside the main stand, for anyone who is yet to visit KTFC.

Not having yet watched the video, i'm glad a good day was had by all and Lee wotever his name who should be at step 3,2,1 had scored!

Rio on the bench? shocked I cant say i'm shocked as i think KT looked upon this as a 'training game' smile

I hope no one was disappointed in the queue for The Great One's autograph, but i know how busy he must have been and i can imagine thongs of young children in the crowd crying into thier orangeade at not being able to add him to thier album.

Well done KT applause

Originally Posted By: Bitch
..and i can imagine thongs of young children in the crowd
Well done KT applause

Are they very thin kids with big heads?

Well done KT. That was massive and along with Royston's slip up, even massiver, if not bigger. The Div 1 race for the title is all go. A 6 points+ day for KT and seemingly a run of form at the right time. Hoddy now need to relax, no soppy recriminations, and with heads up together get on with it.

Shame Trings match was abadoned, although with Beaco leading 2-0 when it happened we can't complain! The macro climate in the badlands of The Vale must be strange. Just up the road we were basking in sunshine in the second half of our match at Aylesbury. Excellent Ref and Officials today, it really makes such a difference. Well done.

Originally Posted By: Bitch
Rio on the bench? shocked I cant say i'm shocked as i think KT looked upon this as a 'training game' smile
Well done KT applause

Bitch - Thanks for your positive comments and observations, anybody would think you were at the game. The reason given for Willo the Cat not playing today was that 'the great one' and Hector are keen to rotate the squad at the moment, Chelsea style, so as to keep everyone on their toes but like I said he would have barely got to touch the ball so, despite being "gutted" initially, I think he was quite pleased at not having to twiddle his thumbs all afternoon. I wouldn't say we looked upon it as a training game but we do seem to excel and play better football against the top sides and have taken six points off both Hoddesdon and Royston this season and four off both Haringey Borough and New Bradwell St Peter when it should have been six.

I didn't mean to sound arrogant and apologies if it came across that way but with respect the league table doesn't lie, we have also had our blips such as defeats at Buckingham Athletic, Bedford, Amersham Town, Cranfield United and Arlesey Athletic so you could argue that we should be home and hosed by now. We'll be expecting a favour from you on Tuesday night by the way!

Yes well hopefully we can afford to lose at Theobalds Lane and still get promotion if it's our last game of the season on 22 April, we're more than happy to finish runners up. It's obvious some sort of skulduggery went on last week with Haringey Borough as if the pitch was unplayable on 22 March it would have also been a week later when the weather was just as bad if not worse.

Rhodes KT deserve everything they get in the way of promotion if that happens. I have only been at NBSTP for half a season but they were by far the best team Ive seen so far and Haringey are the only team I havent. Good luck to the players staff and evryone involved if they go up and youre spot on the table doesn't lie. I just wish you would be a bit more humble when telling everyone how good you think they are and how poor some of the teams at the bottom end play. What you think or say in house is best left that way and when making public statements people respect a bit of humility. I retract the 'twat' but others may not.

Looking forward to visiting on Wednesday (water permitting!!), We continue to have more up's and down's than a 5 euro dutch hookers smalls, the past week sums it up conceed in the 94th to draw v Stoney then beat Arseley having been 2 down in 14 mins then off to Amersham batter them for an hour miss a pen for 3-1 and then collapse to lose 4-2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! However rest assured we will do everything on the night to ensure Kentish earn there promotion. Great win yesterday lads see yeah Wednesday.

McMullen - if the referee had noticed the Amersham player down with a head injury and stopped the play, the penalty would never have happened. I think the subsequent delay in getting the player off the field unsettled your penalty taker. It was a poor spot kick.

I thought you started slowly but came back strongly before fading again towards the end.

Absolutley, he hasn't missed one prior to that this season and has 17 goals since joining us in September. For me that was the changing point in the match compiled by you going straight up the other end and scoring.

I enjoyed a brief chat with your manager who has been in a replica sitution to mine with a complete squad rebuild as the season has gone on, i foresee both teams being stronger next year if we can strengthen our respective defensive units.

Liked the set up and hope to come in August/Sept next season when i imagine the pitch would be far better.

You play or spectate???