Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Kentish Town vs Hoddesdon Town 5 Apr 08

Originally Posted By: ICU JImmy
Rhodes KT deserve everything they get in the way of promotion if that happens. I have only been at NBSTP for half a season but they were by far the best team Ive seen so far and Haringey are the only team I havent. Good luck to the players staff and evryone involved if they go up and youre spot on the table doesn't lie. I just wish you would be a bit more humble when telling everyone how good you think they are and how poor some of the teams at the bottom end play. What you think or say in house is best left that way and when making public statements people respect a bit of humility. I retract the 'twat' but others may not

ICU Jimmy - Thanks for that post and for your good wishes, I think you misunderstand me though and have been listening too much to the likes of Football Man and Horace. I am always the first to give credit where credit is due and I have been New Bradwell St Peter's biggest fan in the past for the genuine way the Club go about their business, the recent 84k improvement grant from the Football Foundation was richly deserved and I'm sorry that yesterday's defeat at Ostlers Lane appears to have put paid to your promotion aspirations.

Originally Posted By: Willo the Cat
The pitch was in excellent condition Sat

crazy

ICU Jimmy - I don't actually remember saying that Cranfield dragged us down to their level but if I did then I apologise as I have a lot of time for the Club. I was actually more impressed with Cranfield last week when we beat them 4-1 than I was when we lost 3-2 to them at Crawley Road in December, they kicked everything that moved that day and Lee Scott and Javier Rivera were both injured in the first five minutes hence our defeat.

Originally Posted By: Willo the Cat
biglaugh Go on tell him what you really said biglaugh

you managed to stay awake on the train home then wink

About Rhodes or the programme? smile

Was on joint travel so avoided the train today. This would have pleased Wader as my expenses were nil! smile

Originally Posted By: petethegreek
Rhodes - Thanks for the programme

You're welcome, what did you think of it. Sorry I couldn't make it up to Bedford today to see you but I drew the short straw and had to stay behind to wipe the Reserve teams noses.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

You're welcome, what did you think of it. Sorry I couldn't make it up to Bedford today to see you but I drew the short straw and had to stay behind to wipe the Reserve teams noses.

how they get on?

The Reserves drew 2-2, is the result not on the Mitoo site yet. We were leading 2-0 and the Referee gifted Totternhoe two goals, a penalty and an equaliser with the last kick of the game.

Thanks for the programme Cec, it was kind of you to send it (via Willo).

I think you're being a bit snobbish about your ressies though. To them I'm sure it's as important as your first team players think their matches are.

Keeps, we lost 2-1 today. SYCOB are a good outfit with a good manager and some good players. I thought at times today we played the much better football, but scoring goals is what ultimately counts and we had a header cleared off the line and their keeper making a couple of excellent saves, whereas we were disappointed in ourselves for a couple of defensive errors that gave them a 2 goal lead.

No complaints though, it was officiated correctly, Beaco were worthy winners and we send our very best wishes and well dones to them. They left in high spirits and by now I should think are well on the way to the 'hugging the big white telephone stage'. Worthy winners of the Prem if they can keep their heads for the last few matches.

Very nice to have a beer or two with McMullen and Willo post match and of course I handed over the KT programme dispatched to PeteTheGreek. He looked a bit bemused at first, but I'm sure was also grateful.

So back to Bigg Town. In the words of young Mr Grace, you've all done very well. A really good season for us, avoided relegation on the last day of last season, no training to speak of at all this season, distractions with the new ground construction and competed at or near the top all along. Can't wait for the next campaign and facing old foes and whoever comes down (Berko?) and whoever comes up. In the meantime, two league games to go (plus a cup final) and a little bit of relaxed enjoyment time for those.

Once again well done all at Bigg Town, players and management. You did bloody well, worked your socks off and we're proud of you.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

I