Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Kentish Town vs Hoddesdon Town 5 Apr 08

Originally Posted By: Mcmullen
Come on Watchful take the bait.... evil2

I think the Watchfull Listener is a beaten man both on and off the field of play which is a shame as I would have liked to see Royston go up this season, they don't deserve another long campaign going to places like Winslow United, Brache Sparta and Sun Postal Sports.

Originally Posted By: Wader
Not to mention the latest scientific theories on best football ground areas to flesh press. I particularly like the article on what's in and what's out when it comes to weaves and fabrics for red carpets next season. The advert for telephone hot-lines and cheap International calling cards was handy to cut out and keep, whilst the 4 page spread on the best case to be seen resting with this season was informative. I see the whole programme is sponsored by the Haringey Allotments Society and whilst the languague used was a bit flowery I really dig their involvement.
The Editor I see is a Mr W Silcott. Fair play to him, I bet he does it for coppers.

That has got to be Funniest Quote Of The Month, if not the season grin happybouncer bow

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

they don't deserve another long campaign going to places like Winslow United, Brache Sparta and Sun Postal Sports.

I guess you've not ventured as far as Watford on your travels then Rhodes?

I have been to Sun Postal Sports on more than one occasion, the facilities are nice however the Club are very much Step 6 minded and more interested in making money from their lucrative bar than making progress up the Pyramid

I'm fairly sure the football club don't get the bar proceeds as there are a number of sports & clubs using the site.

The Watchfull Listener - if you are coming over on the 26th I'll buy you a beer.

Originally Posted By: tringarmy
I'm fairly sure the football club don't get the bar proceeds as there are a number of sports & clubs using the site.

The Watchfull Listener - if you are coming over on the 26th I'll buy you a beer.

I little matter like not knowing the truth never stopped Rhodes making sweeping assumptions!

Originally Posted By: tringarmy
I'm fairly sure the football club don't get the bar proceeds as there are a number of sports & clubs using the site

I vaguely remember being told that the Club get a fair whack of the bar proceeds as well as food sales which is a licence to print money in itself. By coincidence Kentish Town played there last season when Manchester United played at Spidermanor's beloved Watford and the bar was being used as a drinking den by United fans prior to them going to nearby Vicarage Road, we arrived about 1.30 and you couldn't get into the place it was that crowded so obviously they have pound signs in front of their eyes as opposed to the SSML Premier Division.

More local press coverage of our game with Hoddesdon, I don't expect there were more than two lines in the Hoddesdon papers:

http://www.thecnj.com/camden/2008/041008/sports041008_03.html

It says the first team 'this year' to stop Hoddesdon scoring, when did New Bradwell St Peter beat them 3-0. Anyway I didn't pen the article, Steve Barnett at the New Camden Journal always does his own research which is usually spot on.

New Bradwell was before Christmas, I believe, so techinically the article could be considered correct!

Originally Posted By: NeutralFan
New Bradwell was before Christmas, I believe, so techinically the article could be considered correct!

Thanks, I rest my case.