Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Kentish Town vs Hoddesdon Town 5 Apr 08

Well I think that this game warrants a new thread and as it is less than 24hrs to kick off here it is. No doubt there will be many talking points and general moans so feel free to do either.

Don't worry any 'plebs' out there who are thinking of comming you have now been promoted to 'gaggle'(for the day only).grin

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Willo

Just typing up the programme notes for tomorrow which will be posted on this thread later but does anyone know the weather forecast prior to kick off, the pitch was extremely heavy on Wednesday and some heavy rain may unfortunately put the game in doubt.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Just typing up the programme notes for tomorrow which will be posted on this thread later but does anyone know the weather forecast prior to kick off, the pitch was extremely heavy on Wednesday and some heavy rain may unfortunately put the game in doubt.

You'll be staying late at work tonight then? Misusing the photocopier and making up your flexi-time all at the same time?

Possibility of light rain showers just prior and during the game.

Thanks, we should hopefully be fine then. I assume you are looking forward to your game at Chalfont St Peter, break a leg as they say!

Just typing up the programme notes for tomorrow which will be posted on this thread later

Folks - As promised, I hope it sets the scene for you:

SATURDAY 5th APRIL 2008 3.00pm Issue 18 of 2007/2008
KENTISH TOWN v HODDESDON TOWN
(Molten Spartan South Midlands League Division 1)

Today, it is our great pleasure to welcome the players, officials and supporters of Hoddesdon Town Football Club to our home for the afternoon. The same sentiments are, of course, extended to Match Referee Mr Carl Henry from Desborough near Northampton and his two Assistants, Mr Chris Scott from Letchworth and Mr Peter Jago from the delights of nearby Colney Hatch Lane, whatever the outcome of the contest we hope that they enjoy their brief stay with us and have a safe journey home. Our players will know from experience to respect Mr Henry

Any pitch updates Willo? Just woke up and see we have had some rain over night in Hoddesdon. Whats it like your end? (Not that I am particularly interested in "your end", of course...ahem...

Originally Posted By: Jonno
Any pitch updates Willo? Just woke up and see we have had some rain over night in Hoddesdon

So you still plan to come today then, it will be nice to see you about 2.30 but I still have a gut feeling that you won't show if the golf club happen to phone and ask you to come in

Sorry Cliff, I know youve been dodging me all season since you embarrassed yourself with your phoney charitable donations but there is no escape. Ill be there in person today, to tell you face to face what I think of your recent behaviour!

See you soon!!

Yes I'll be there around that time too, there is some heavy rain due at some point today but hopefully we'll get away with it. What did you make of Hector's Don Revie style dossier on Hoddesdon that he handed out on Wednesday, I've never seen anything like it in my life.

Did he mention me in it at all?

"Look out for Jonno. He sits in the stands shouting obscenities at opposing players. Particularly likes to berate goalkeepers of the feline variety...."

Jonno - Sorry to ask but just out of interest what will you be talking about with Roger on the drive down to the Copthall Stadium, will it be the price of fish or the state of the economy in Nicuragua for example. I just can't imagine you two having a long meaningful conversation about the beautiful game that's all.