Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Team areas to strengthen ?

michael

Approaching end of season retention lists,and goodness knows who RT will release and who will want to leave.

Ironically, i still feel that the current group of players are of sufficient quality to have done alot better-so i hope there are not wholesale close season changes.

No doubt-some will leave,but based on the current squad, i see these 4 positions as areas needing strengthening:

right back(to release Peters to play elsewhere)

central defence

central midfield

another striker with pace

Originally Posted By: seasidesteve
more like who to keep.saunders, pinnock,jackson,peters,scs,martin the rest are not good enough or past their best including trott

I would like to see another season from Skinner if he can still play. Also I think Joseph is being harshley under-rated on here, Smith is more than able when his confidence is up and Dan Young's heading ability often belies his height.
Steve

Completely agree Steve. I'd also like to see some other coaching support. As we know, the plan was for Robin to "manage" and not play. I'm sure it must be much garder than it looks for both Robin and Macca to play, manage and coach in the same game. Perhaps if that were resolved with one or two good signings we'd be right back in the mix for next season. With the players we already have, I don't see why we shouldn't be.

Originally Posted By: Steve B 2
Originally Posted By: seasidesteve
more like who to keep.saunders, pinnock,jackson,peters,scs,martin the rest are not good enough or past their best including trott

I would like to see another season from Skinner if he can still play. Also I think Joseph is being harshley under-rated on here, Smith is more than able when his confidence is up and Dan Young's heading ability often belies his height.
Steve
Steve,I do belive that JS is calling it a day at the end of this season,shame because imo he is a great player.

gree with all of the above-Young will get better-and next season -with a seasons Ryman experience under his young belt-he could do really well-needs a good defender alongside him just the same.

I similarly rate josephs as one who will get better.

So it seems we do have the players-but just not co-ordinating.

As Wellsie suggests-maybe the most important signing could be a Quality coach who macca can learn from aswell.

Call for Kevin Hales ?

Originally Posted By: TonyM
Steve,I do belive that JS is calling it a day at the end of this season,shame because imo he is a great player.

I have also heard that and it is a real shame.
Steve

DEFENCE, DEFENCE AND DEFENCE!!!Trott and Macca to go. Experienced manager and coach to come in. This league will be even tougher to get out of next season with all the kent derby games. We need a management team capable of getting the best out of what is on its day a talented squad of players capable of beating anyone.

I'm going to poke my eyes out with a blunt stick for saying this, but by adding a number of things together I would not be surprised if the 3 approaches for Ollie Schulz have been 2 Dover, 1 Margate. And from my point of view, he is by some way Ramsgate's best player, based on the derby games. In the last one, the best player on the pitch and probably the reason we came away with nothing. When he does go - becasue I can't see him stopping - it will be a massive gap for the Rams to fill.

Even if he is not better, which one would you rather have, eight or nine goals from a defender could result in 10points. The end of the discussion is Ramsgate do not rely on individuals, think the same should be done at Margate, lower the wage bill, spend the money on a strong coach with pedigree, it would get better results and be more pleasing.