Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Congratulations (2)

The more people standing the more likely that they will become aggressive and abusive. The nearest match official usually kops it regardless if it's a decision that has been made by one of his colleagues.

It's noticeable that when there are less people standing, especially close to the Assistant Referee, the chances of a confrontation to argue a decision are considerably less.

I believe that we gave gone from one extreme to the other. Early in the season, many people in the dug outs would be standing. Sometimes, when this occurred with both dug outs, situations arose where you would have both teams officials swearing and making threats at each other. The League was correct to clamp down on this.

Allowing only 1 person to stand has probably gone too far to the other extreme. I think 2 standing would work but that is just my opinion.

Funny incident at Hertford v Langford recently. Langford physio, enraged by a bad tackle on one of their players, started giving it large and eventually shouted "There ought to be a f***ing assessor here with a ref like that!". Mick Ewen barked out from the back of the stand "there is, it's me. Now sit down!" He did!

Originally Posted By: petethegreek
The more people standing the more likely that they will become aggressive and abusive.

I know what you're trying to say, but take that to its logical conclusion and no one would be allowed on the bench and perhaps we should only have 8 players a side.

And to make it really work that means no goalkeepers laugh

I know what you're trying to say, but take that to its logical conclusion and no one would be allowed on the bench and perhaps we should only have 8 players a side.

i think Kentish Town have done quite well without one this season

biglaugh

you are great really Willo!

Originally Posted By: Wader
Originally Posted By: petethegreek
The more people standing the more likely that they will become aggressive and abusive.

Not saying that at all. By all means have sitting on the bench thoses named on the team sheets. Most problems that I have encountered this season have been from the benches and not from players who are on the Field of Play.

Originally Posted By: Wader
Sorry Pete, I was being facetious.

Nothing to be sorry about.

I can understand your frustration regarding the current rule.

Would not surprise me if it was changed at the AGM as no doubt many other Clubs would agree with you.

What about situations where the benches can't fit 5 subs, a manager, a coach and a physio? laugh

Originally Posted By: NeutralFan
What about situations where the benches can't fit 5 subs, a manager, a coach and a physio? laugh

In Hoddy's case, I'm sure that one of the subs would let the physio sit on his knee!