Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Town application accepted by SML

North Bucks and District League Division One side Bletchley Town have had their application to join the Molten Spartan South Midlands League for the 2008-09 season accepted.

The SML management committee last week agreed to accept Bletchley Town into Division Two with the reserves accepted into the reserve section.

The club now turn their attentions towards carrying out the necessary work to the facilities at their ground at Scot, Selbourne Avenue, Bletchley, in accordance with the plan supplied.

An inspection of the ground and facilities will then follow.

When Town reformed in 2005 it was always their aim to take the club as far as possible.

In the first season in the North Bucks League they gained promotion from Division two and finished as runners-up in the Division Two Trophy.

In the second season they finished third and reached the semi-finals of the Division One Trophy.

And this season has seen them fighting it out towards the top of the table, having also reached the semi-finals of the trophy competition.

The club feels it is now time to move on and take it to a much higher level of football.

Club officials feel Bletchley Town has got a great future, the club having brought in experienced manager Danni Janes, who spent some 28 years connected with Newport Pagnell Town.

Club chairman John Snead said: "Our aim is to go into the South Midlands League and to climb the football pyramid as high as possible."

The club starts pre-season training on Tuesday July 1 at Scot's Club, Bletchley, at 6.30pm and is open to anyone who would like to help strengthen the playing side of the club.

I believe another of our local clubs, Wodson Park, is going into Div 2 next season as well? Are Hatfield Town coming in as well?

NF, I believe there will many clubs coming into the SSML this season. It looks like Stotfolds move across from the UCL to the prem will be rubber stamped on the 5th May. This would possibly reduce the promotion places from Division One down to the top team only as has happened in previous seasons.

Originally Posted By: NewBradwell
NF, I believe there will many clubs coming into the SSML this season. It looks like Stotfolds move across from the UCL to the prem will be rubber stamped on the 5th May. This would possibly reduce the promotion places from Division One down to the top team only as has happened in previous seasons.

Alarm bells ringing at all three top clubs now!!!!

Even if I wasn't involved with one of the clubs involved I would think it extremely harsh on a side finishing in the top 2 not to gain promotion due to a sideways moving or relegated from a higher level side.