Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Management?

According to The Advertizer.Stuart Margolis will be manager next season with Adam Lee as his assistant.Mike Smee will be head coach.

I personally wanted a completely new broom in that dressing room.I favoured a big-ish name that would bring half a dozen of his best former players with him.

Adam Lee was manager of Wingate & Fincley for a large chunk of last season.They finished third from bottom.Right near where Waltham Forest are in the league this season,(who by the way, we have signed half of our team from.)

Originally Posted By: Sponsor of Beer
I think they have done more than enough to deserve the job(s) next season. Plenty of fresh ideas and players being discussed for 08/09. Summer diet & exercise plans for the youngsters in place, etc. I suggest you speak to Stewart, Adam & Mike before you judge their futures.

i agree 2 deafeats 9 games great and beating sudbury i yhink they desrve the job and hopefully they will continue to improve the teams performances

Nothing against them at.And i wish them all the luck in the world.

Have a feeling the decision to appoint was made before Saturdays game though?

Don't know any of the management or their tactics and preperation.Just judging what i'm seeing on the pitch.

I'll be 100% behind them next season,and now they have been given the job,they should have a full season to show what they can do.

Having just read the article in the Advertiser, I feel we should give the trio a fair crack of the whip. Two defeats in the last nine is a good start and their are still effectively two games to go. I do not know LS where you got your information from but W&F finished 9th last season not near the bottom. Also, Waltham Forest were a place above. I checked this information before putting this post together. The article in the Advertiser said that W&F and Adam Lee only parted company in September after poor results. It seems to be a fact of life in football now of slating managment when teams have bad results. Its the players who should be slated for failing to carry out what they were asked to do. chat

I will say stuart is a good young manager and this will be his toughest test yet, he knows the game well and has good ideas of what he wants from his team.

If the palyers aint doing there jobs then he will not be affraid to ring the changes but on the other hand if the team is doing well then he will not change the players for the sake of it.

I would say give them a chance and get behind them you never know they may well take the club to the next level.

All the best fellas.

Although I do have concerns about Stuart's amount of experience, there has been a turn around in the club's fortunes and I am behind the appointment. It will be a big challenge and I hope that the work continues throughout the summer, keeping all players fit and on sensible diets. I cast me mind back to the start of our last ESL season and the change in the players' fitness levels when Roy Austin was brought in. Geordie Hall looke d like he'd dropped at least three dress sizes!!!

Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
Although I do have concerns about Stuart's amount of experience, there has been a turn around in the club's fortunes and I am behind the appointment. It will be a big challenge and I hope that the work continues throughout the summer, keeping all players fit and on sensible diets. I cast me mind back to the start of our last ESL season and the change in the players' fitness levels when Roy Austin was brought in. Geordie Hall looke d like he'd dropped at least three dress sizes!!!

Can I be there when you tell him that?

No news of the appointment on the ETFC homepage.

Good luck to all three and I hope that there is a serious attack on 'our' club's awful disciplinary record.