Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ilford - Waltham Forest

Dagger03

Originally Posted By: dagger04
I don't know the answer to this one - if Ilford are reprieved, and stay in the Isthmian League, what happens to Waltham Forest, as the league do not allow a three way ground share?

dagger,

its irrelavant what league ilford participate in because romford would have been essex senior league to begin with.

perhaps theer is no official athletics club?
perhaps the fact waltham forests stay is not intended as a permanent solution?

Smallsy - it is Ilford (not Romford) and Waltham Forest, and as there is also an athletic club sharing, that makes three, and the Isthmian League do not allow a three way ground share.

Had Ilford dropped into the ESL, then no problems re-ground share, but as they remain in the Isthmian Lge, then they cannot ground share with two other clubs.

dagger you have missed my point. i know that it is ilford and wltham forest.

my point RE romford was that they were not allowed to share at bridge avenue because of the 3 club rule.

at this time romford were ESL and hornhcurch ryman prem.

hence why would it matter if ilford are in ESL or ryman 1. surely it doesnt matter what league they are in. if there are 3 clubs it shouldnt be allowed.

Smallsey - yes, agreed, that is why I was asking what is happening to Waltham Forest.

I am assuming that they will now have to find another groundshare.

I notice they are playing at the Geo White ground this Saturday, but I don't know if it is up to Isthmian standards.

From the Ilford Reprieved thread

Originally Posted By: Natter
from Waltham Forest Guardian website:

Stags set for Ilford move

By Ross Davies

Waltham Forest boss Ged Searson supports the move to Ilford (EL6483-6)

FOOTBALL

WALTHAM Forest look set to move to their new home at Ilford's Cricklefield Stadium as they await the official seal of approval from the council.

Club secretary Andy Perkins admitted he had held positive talks with Ilford chairman Roger Chilvers, and that the club were looking forward to playing host to the Stags' home games.

"Everything has been agreed," assured Perkins.

"The league have approved the documentation and it's just a case of waiting for the official signatures from the council.

"We're very much looking forward to working with Ilford, and having spoken to Roger (Chilvers), they are happy to be holding our matches."

advertisement

It brings an end to the saga that has seen Waltham Forest moved out of their home of 12 years Wadham Lodge due to an increase in rent.

The club's final game at their old ground was played on March 24, ironically a 1-0 defeat to Ilford.

The Stags survived the drop by just one point, while Ilford were relegated from the Isthmian Division One North.

The two teams will now share Ilford's Cricklefield Stadium from next season, although it is not yet known how long Waltham Forest are contracted to remain there.

Stags boss Ged Searson though, is pleased that the issue is all-but resolved in time for the new season, and is now looking to concentrate on football matters.

He said: "This possibility has been knocking around for a while and it at least gives us a base.

"Travelling up to Witham for home games like we were doing in the final few games of the season was just too far.

"It's good to remain local for many reasons and I think that it is a positive move. For one, a lot of the players are from the area.

"Personally, I also know a lot of people from the area and it is a new locality from which to attract new players and more supporters."

The article does not refer to Ilford not being relegated from R1N.

Bit of an irony in this ground-share - Waltham Forest are, I believe, part of the fragmentation of Leyton FC (a club which continues under that name, I am glad to say) and Ilford FC lost its identity in 1970s in an amalgamation with the equally famed Leytonstone FC who lost its own identity in a succession of mergers with Walthamstow Avenue and, finally, Dagenham.

Giants of the past have gone from the radar but 2 off-shoots hanging on in there - the best of luck to them both for the future

didnt read all that ronin so apologies if i am repeating

football man has enlightened us on ESL thread

basically as the athletics club do not meet between august and april it is not deemed a 3 way groundshare