Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Abraham leaves Brimsdown!

I see from the Nonleague Daily (story below) the predicted has been confirmed, what now for Brimsdown? First Boateng and now Abraham, surely all the players will leave too. Looks bleak at Goldsdown Road after what was in affect another good season overall.

Hopefully this link will work, apparently it was known he would be leaving before last Tuesday's Challenge Trophy Final:

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=50031

"apparently it was known he would be leaving before last Tuesday's Challenge Trophy Final"........That is very true, Rhodes. It was also widely known where he was saying he is going to. Why he can't be honest I do not know. He is apparently heading a couple of miles up the A10 to be a 'star' striker! To answer NoseyParker. Yes, some of the team have said they will leave, to follow the Pied Piper of Theobalds. Lets hope he does'nt get a better offer or Cheshunt may find themselves in the same boat as Brimmo. Brimsdown did have a relatively good season considering the team were aware of Abrahams imminent departure, and some players then decided to go before he did. It was a very unsettled team this season. I wish Brimsdown good luck in finding a replacement manager, and hope they can continue their success next season.

What is there to be honest about? Have you asked questions that have not been answered? What is the "Star" Striker statement suggesting?

You must surely know him personally or have direct information to know where he is going and to question his integrity in such a way! As for players leaving, speaking DIRECTLY to players they seem to tell another story that they stayed BECAUSE Abraham stayed despite the minor expenses being withdrawn whilst they sat top of the league and on the back of the best run in the FA Vase in the clubs history!

Obviously you know the in and outs of his decision to leave Brimo as you've brought us such telling information prior to this public announcement, oh sorry no you have not! The truth is that it can be safely said you know nothing and are simply speculating and attempting to blacken the name of someone for no good reason.

Hollie - Were you at London Colney last Tuesday, it would have been nice to meet you. Do you think Gordon Boateng will end up back at Goldsdown Road.

Originally Posted By: Mrgallis
Obviously you know the in and outs of his decision to leave Brimo as you've brought us such telling information prior to this public announcement, oh sorry no you have not! The truth is that it can be safely said you know nothing and are simply speculating and attempting to blacken the name of someone for no good reason.

Are you referring to Hollie here, she is actually very knowledgable about what goes on at Goldsdown Road and I believe it was widely known that Abrahams would be leaving prior to the Challenge Trophy Final on Tuesday, surely that wasn't the appropriate time to announce his departure and it was noticeale from the teams tame performance at London Colney that they were a beaten team before running out on the hallowed Cotlandswick turf.

Well as it WASN'T announced as we can evidently see from the official reports coming out AFTER the final then your point is invalid. Further more this was not said to the player until after the game a London Colney in the dressing room, which anyone of them can confirm. This despite the players continually asking what would be occuring with his future and which was not answered by him or the stand in chairman until they had a meeting with the commitee. Was Hollie at the committee meeting on the Thursday before the final?

Further more from my experience of football had the players known before hand of the departures they would have had an increased performance level as they would have wanted that team to go out with a big performance surely? But unless you know this group of players and their thoughts which neither you or Hollie do then you would not realise this.

As for a beaten team Rhodes that is nonsense although considering the games between Kentish Town and Brimsdown last season you would be an expert in watching beaten teams.

Again I assure you I have more insight into this issue than 99% of people including/especially Hollie.

Mrgallis, you do not know me, or who I do or do not know at Brimsdown. To quote you "The truth is that it can be safely said you know nothing and are simply speculating and attempting to blacken the name of someone for no good reason." A very 'unsafe' remark, by you. If you have "spoken to players directly" you would know what my statement suggests.

Rhodes, yes I was at London Colney, and I agree with you about the performance. No, PERSONALLY (I say personally before the informed Mrgallis decides to accuse me of knowing nothing, again.) I don't think that Gordon will go back to Brimmo.

Its a shame I did'nt know you were going to be there.

No news on the new Manager situation, maybe they will find out more on Presentation Night.

Quote Mrgallis......"Again I assure you I have more insight into this issue than 99% of people including/especially Hollie."

I think you will find, it was actually Rudy that said in the changing room that it was his last game for Brimsdown, Mervyn never said anything official there, and at least 1 of the players WILL confirm this. You obviously do not know the players that know Mervyn, very well, do you. I understand that FOOTBALL is all about opinions, but I suggest you keep your opinions of what other PEOPLE do or do not know, to yourself, unless you are 100% sure. In this case 99% was not enough. As I said before, you do not know me, or who I do or do not know at Brimsdown.

I have edited this post to add....I am sure that others on here do not want to read about who/what you or I know, or don't know, about Brimsdown. Therefore, let's agree to disagree on this, before it becomes boring. You continue to post what you think, but don't expect a reply from me. I stopped posting on here before, because of people like you, that can't post without insulting others. I will only post what I KNOW to be true.

Whether you reply or not it is a FACT that Mervin did say it was his last game DIRECTLY after Rudy's comment, FACT! Unless you are saying Mervin is a lier!

Further to this I have not insulted you but questioned your statements, as the same way you questioned Mervin's integrity, if this is an insult then consider your comments regarding Mervin. Surely these are insults!

I shall leave this thread alone but I find it interesting that nobody offers credit for the work that the management do but critcise when they leave. Where were Brimsdown before the management trio arrived there and where are they now in comparison?

Originally Posted By: Hollie
Mrgallis, you do not know me, or who I do or do not know at Brimsdown. To quote you "The truth is that it can be safely said you know nothing and are simply speculating and attempting to blacken the name of someone for no good reason." A very 'unsafe' remark, by you. If you have "spoken to players directly" you would know what my statement suggests.
Rhodes, yes I was at London Colney, and I agree with you about the performance. No, PERSONALLY (I say personally before the informed Mrgallis decides to accuse me of knowing nothing, again.) I don't think that Gordon will go back to Brimmo.
Its a shame I did'nt know you were going to be there.
No news on the new Manager situation, maybe they will find out more on Presentation Night

Hollie - Anyone can see from your comments that you are very knowledgable about the game and I know you have followed Brimsdown Rovers for a long time, Mrgallis should show you more respect. I thought you might have been at London Colney last week and thought about asking after you, where were you sitting. The performance was lacklustre to put it mildly and you could see that the players hearts weren't in it, when Chalfont St Peter scored the game was all over and we may as well have gone home. As for Gordon returning, prodigal son like, to Goldsdown Road next season, I wouldn't bet against it.

Rhodes - I was sitting in the front row of the stands, for most of the game. I don't normally like sitting, but it seemed so cold over there!! I was with my husband, and my sons' girlfriend. You should have made yourself known, it would have been nice to meet you.

I hope I have gained some knowledge after being heavily involved in running teams for 0ver 10 years. Nowadays I just watch (and listen!). Ha Ha.

I think it would be hard for Gordon to go back, but he was good for Brimsdown (when he was there, not after he left!). The players all had a lot of respect for him, and I always found him to be very pleasant. Its a shame that he went from being a hero at Brimmo, to a villain at Cheshunt.

Hopefully Mrgallis won't bother to come on to criticise your post, if he does I'll be interested to hear what he has to say as you are spot on as usual. Incidentally the great Kenny Dyer says hi, did you hear him on the non league BBC radio London show a few weeks back.

Rhodes I made my point and that point still stands, I have questioned someone who has questioned someones integrity, effectively calling them a lier. Opinions are one thing (and the point of these forums)accusations are another! This is why I say I do not criticise I merely ask for facts. As for you Rhodes you are most definitely the last person to talk about respect of others as you've shown a constant lack of respect or consideration for others throughout your time on this forum.

Mrgallis - You are obviously entitled to your opinion and I respect that infact, if you are who I think you are, our paths have crossed at Goldsdown Road and you are a decent guy who clearly loves your Club. On this occasion however Hollie is spot on, Mervin Abraham knew full well that he was leaving the Club prior to last Tuesday's Cup Final, it's as simple as that.

Quote:

BRIMSDOWN Rovers' hopes of ending the season with some silverware were dashed as they lost 2-0 to Chalfont St Peter in the final of the Molten Spartan South Midlands League Challenge Trophy.

The Goldsdown Road men went into the final in the knowledge that they will be without player-manager Mervin Abraham, who announced his decision to quit before the game.And they were unable to give Abraham a winning send-off as goals from Charlie Strutton and Terrell Lewis gave Premier Division rivals Chalfont victory in front of a crowd of 180 at London Colney FC.

Abraham took charge at Brimsdown at the start of the season when Gordon Boateng left to become assistant manager at Harlow Town. He appointed Rudi Geoghagen as his assistant, and Geohagen will also be leaving.

Under Abraham's charge, Brimsdown were in title contention until falling away at the turn of the year, and they also had their best-ever run in the FA Vase.

Abraham, who is still only 27, is likely to join another club as a player having overcome the injury problems which kept him out for much of this season.

This is the match report from the Enfield Independent, I rest my case!