Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Abraham leaves Brimsdown!

Top Gun - I make you right and I'm sure Hollie agrees but no doubt Mrgallis will come on today to dispute that, as you say I don't think the Goldsdown Road hierarchy are ambitious enough and it would seem as if they're afraid of promotion, a bit like Harefield United for example who are simply happy to go through the motions every year in the SSML Premier Division when they're equipped and capable of bigger and better things.

TOP Gun i disagree with you, i feel justin would be able to build a strong side that would challenge a top 5 place in the prem div easy. I know him very well and i know the players he would bring in, some are very good that should be playing a higher level easily.

Originally Posted By: Top Gun
Bitch you make laugh, so Neutral Fan who do you play for or which team do you follow?

Play for Hoddesdon and follow St Mags!

Originally Posted By: NeutralFan
Bitch you make laugh, so Neutral Fan who do you play for or which team do you follow?

Play for Hoddesdon and follow St Mags!

Now things click into place NeutralFan. It's all clear to me now. grrr

Used [****!!****] i respect your loyality to your friend, but if your honest, what has he done in his management career so far? if we look at Cheshunt Reserves in div1 they were mid table side before he took the caretaker role of the first team, he hasn't won anything so far as a manager to my knowledge after checking on google just to see if i was right, he is currently reserve team manager at chesham in the bottom 3 of the capital league, as a goalkeeper who use to play for Hoddesdon and Cheshunt, i played against him and he wasn't anything special, but as someone has told me he is actually a really good goalkeeper coach, so that is a plus for him i suppose, but as we all know being a good goalkeeper coach doesn't make you a good manager but i can say he built a decent reserve side at Cheshunt for div1 but the premier is much harder and he will be up against the likes of Biggleswade, Chalfont and Harefield who take no prisoners but let's just wait and see shall we.

I think Chesham Ressies were in that position long before Justin got involved, I think he was there for the last month or so?

He is a good all round coach, not just goal keeping.

Top Gun - i understand where you are coming from but evereyone has to start somewhere and be given a fair chance to prove themselves.He is one of the best coaches i have had at this level, i think given time he will be a really goof manager who will win things at ths level.

he is currently reserve team manager at chesham in the bottom 3 of the capital league

Completely irrelevant. The purpose of reserve and youth team football is to produce players capable of playing first team football and not about winning cups or finishing high up in leagues.

Andy Leese, who currently "employs" Justin, applied to manage Potters Bar Town's first team when he was reserve manager there but the Chairman had reservations about his readiness for the role. Leese went off to Cheshunt instead, took them from Ryman 3 to Ryman Prem in no time at all and is regarded now as one of the best managers around.

There is no guarantee that Justin will be anywhere near as successful as Andy, of course, but the point is that you don't know unless he is given the chance (and the time) to prove himself. If anyone thinks that Brimsdown Rovers isn't a good place for a manager to be learning the trade at first team level, then they are woefully misguided as to how important the SSML Premier is in the overall scheme of things.

Rhodes, why would I disagree with a point that I have already brought to this discussion via the outgoing manager. My aim is to bring valid points to this forum not to annoy others or tempt them into arguements. Please don't make this mistake again.

I think the point being made is that whatever level you manage at, if there is no support from behind the scenes, then things can go wrong very easily on the pitch. And with a whole new team possibly being required this could be a very difficult task for the new manager. But its an opportunity to show what he can do and he may just prove that he has what it takes be a number 1.

Top Gun - I agree infact Mrgallis has always made a positive contribution to the Forum unlike some members I can think of, I think I know who he is and if I'm right then he certainly has the Club's best interests at heart.

Originally Posted By: Wader
I am unconvinced that you do know who Mrgallis is Rhodesy

I believe he's a short (5ft 4" or 5ft 5") tough looking chap, well dressed with a cockney accent.