Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hector at Casuals

Do you mean on the Forum as that's not actually true, take Hector's two Don Revie style dossiers for the Royston Town and Hoddesdon Town games and the way he went to watch Hoddesdon four times, they never got a kick when 'we' beat them 2-0 and that was largely down to him. Also take his legendary team talk against Royston when he said that 'they sit on the toilet as well as 'us'', it won the game as up until that point 'we' all thought they were Real Madrid, Inter Milan and Chelsea rolled into one.

Do you really believe that Rhodesy, well maybe Tommy can spread some light on what uve said as he must have been in the changing room, and "largely down to him" is quite a strong statement. I am sure there would be a few ppl that would say it was more of a team effort, than any one particular person, dont u agree rhodsey.

I said that 'our' wins over Royston and Hoddesdon were largely down to Hector, not solely, and yes it was a team effort. In my opinion it was his Don Revie style dossiers that won 'us' both games however I stand to be corrected. It's strange though that Hoddesdon never got near 'our' goal all afternoon and Royston resorted to bombarding 'our' goalmouth, Luftwaffe style, all evening without success.

not "him" won it for us "we" won it for us.

was he on the pitch?

yes he gave us the information we needed but we still had to go out there and play and win so i think what you said is really unfair on Frank,Clement,Gregg and especially the plyers who and everyone involved it was a club effort.

I acknowledged that it was very much a team effort however it was Hector who went to watch Hoddesdon four times and compiled the dossier, clearly that played an instrumental part in 'us' beating them so convincingly

If we are honest Hoddesdon weren't the greatest team last season, they flopped under pressure,Kentish did what they had to do and went up as true champions, but as we all already know that season before last Brimsdown destroyed that divison and won the league by early April just like Edgware in the premier but as i already said i believe Biggleswade Town will take the title just because they have the personal and they now what is needed this time around to become champions, so my money is on they, losing hector was a massive blow for Kentish, but they will be ok, as long as they don't lose the rebel Lee Scott, who is the star player and Kentish seem not able to function without him

Top Gun - That's an excellent post and you certainly know your onions don't you. Edgware won the SSML Premier Division fairly comfortably in 2006/2007 however they had one or two nervous moments and Harefield United ran them close, if Harefield had concentrated more on football than playing silly mind games they may have got even closer. I agree that Biggleswade Town will be a force to be reconned with next season particularly with Wader hell bent on success, I think everyone will wish them well but it won't be a cake walk by any means, Chalfont St Peter will see to that. Lastly, as you say, Hector's departure will obviously hit Kentish Town hard however with 'the great one' at the helm anything is possible and they should still have a decent season, hopefully there will be someone willing to go that extra mile to watch the opposition and compile meticulous dossiers.

Rhodes can you answer me a couple of questionsplease,

1. Do you ever attend any training sessions?

2. Have you ever spoken to the players and asked them what felt about the training sessions?

Or where you to busy "pressing the flesh"

Nellie - I'm not entirely sure what you are getting at, are you referring to Kentish Town training sessions, if so 'the great one' always informed me that training went well and never really enlarged on that other than to say the turn out left a lot to be desired.

Football Man - I assume you saw the article about Hector in Non League Today yesterday, whenever you are proved wrong you avoid the issue like the plague, why not give him a little bit of credit for securing the high profile job at Corinthian-Casuals and wish him good luck.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Football Man - I assume you saw the article about Hector in Non League Today yesterday, whenever you are proved wrong you avoid the issue like the plague, why not give him a little bit of credit for securing the high profile job at Corinthian-Casuals and wish him good luck.

how is it high profile?

Corinthian and Casuals Football Club's merged in 1939, Hector is arguably Head Coach of the most famous amateur Club in the World so if that's not high profile I don't know what is. Here is a small extract from their prestigious history, I rest my case:

The Corinthian Football Club, is probably the most famous amateur club in the world. The club has the distinction of holding Manchester United

Corinthian and Casuals Football Club's merged in 1939, Hector is arguably Head Coach of the most famous amateur Club in the World so if that's not high profile I don't know what is. Here is a small extract from their prestigious history, I rest my case:

The Corinthian Football Club, is probably the most famous amateur club in the world. The club has the distinction of holding Manchester United

I think it sounds more like you trying to find fault and pick holes in Hector's appointment, why not just simply congratulate the man and wish him well for next season at Step 4 level. Obviously he has been brought in to buck the trend of avoiding relegation year after year and he is certainly more than capable of turning the Club around from what we all witnessed at Kentish Town last season.

I think it sounds more like you trying to find fault and pick holes in Hector's appointment, why not just simply congratulate the man and wish him well for next season at Step 4 level. Obviously he has been brought in to buck the trend of avoiding relegation year after year and he is certainly more than capable of turning the Club around from what we all witnessed at Kentish Town last season.

so Hector turned KTFC around, makes you wonder what Frank and the 'great one' were there for.

I didn't say that he turned Kentish Town around, 'we' were already well placed to win the league at the start of the season and Hector was simply the icing on the cake wouldn't you agree.

Rhodes when you speak to Hector wish him all the best he deserves a break, i think you should give Mr Boateng a break as you have never given him credit after his great season at brimsdown leading them to a double winning season and you nevr gave him credit for his steps up the league after leaving Brimsdown, all you have done since he has left is take bets on how long he stays at clubs, which isn't fair, as you seem to protect or back anyone at Kentish let's hope Casuals boss doesn't feel scared or worried by Hector very impressive CV.