Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

08/09 Title Challengers!!!!

Prestatyn Town - newly promoted to the League of Wales and (like newly promoted Premier League clubs) hotly tipped to go straight back down. Nevertheless, more than good enough to comfortably see off a Hector Varela coached side in a pre-season friendly. A "reliable source" grin tells me that 2-0 could easily have been 7 or 8!!!

Originally Posted By: Football Man
A "reliable source" grin tells me that 2-0 could easily have been 7 or 8!!!

Really, it was 1-0 with a couple of minutes left and Corinthian-Casuals pressing for an equaliser when Prestatyn broke away and made it 2-0.

Let's face facts, he was reminded where the exit door was at Casuals and that's the end to it. No one minds, it really is no big deal to accept it. I'm sure he'll get another position and everyone will move on happily. It happens to most people in football at some time. Just be honest about it Rhodes eh?

Wader - In my opinion, for what it's worth, Hector did more for Corinthian-Casuals in the three months he was there than in the previous 69 years since Corinthians and Casuals joined forces in 1939, if they had been interested in progressing up the Pyramid he would have brought in the likes of Javier Rivera who has transformed Kenish Town and happily stayed at King George's Field.

Premier Division

1 3 Chalfont St Peter v Harefield United

1 1 Cockfosters v Tring Athletic

4 3 Hertford Town v Berkhamsted Town

1 2 Holmer Green v Biggleswade Town

3 2 Welwyn Garden City v Brimsdown Rovers

I think this win at Watchet Lane today puts Biggleswade Town top of the table, hopefully Wader will come on later to talk about the game and how he sees the Biggleswade derby going at Second Meadow on Tuesday.

You had a great home set-up the last 2 seasons wink

Originally Posted By: Wader
Our big wage bill? Nothing other than pure speculation on your part - again..

I have to say that when you have a nice home ground with all the trimmings it's easier to attract good players. That doesn't mean you have to pay a big wage bill, just a big mortgage grin

I see you mentioning Hector again. I was talking to a manager from south of the river a week or so ago (very long chat), he gave me chapter and verse War & Peace style on Hector and Corinthian Causals. Although he knew what had happened he didn't have a clue where Hector had come from and who he was. I told him he was a South American singer grin

snaphector1.jpg

McMullen - I don't get your post. You had a good win today, Stratford Field is never an easy place to go is it.

Rhodes. The Biggleswade derby doesn't get my blood up as much as perhaps it should, certainly not as much as say the derby with Langford does or playing the likes of Chalfont St Peter. But I look forward to the match very much, Utd are very welcoming and it's nice to meet up with familiar faces and ex-Town players.

As far as yesterday is concerned, a win is a win, and with our physio room looking like it should be in an episode of Casualty at the moment we are chuffed that the lads are keeping it together. I didn't go though so can't comment on the match itself. I had tons to do at the Carlsberg and wouldn't have made it back in time from Holmer for our first big function (engagement party) at the stadium SportsBar. A huge success I have to say, although I didn't get some shut eye until 5am (at the club) and was up 2 hours later to clean up ready for the Carlsberg Stadium to host Sandy FC's 'FA Sunday Cup' match this afternoon.

I did watch a little bit of our ressies match against Langford yesterday, they are flying high despite the first team stealing some of their players at the moment. A 4-2 win and they are second in the table, unbeaten and just behind Hatfield Town on goal difference (depsite us having plus 13 after only 3 matches). The ressies matches against Hatfield this season will certainly be worth watching.

Saturday 20th Sep SSML Reserves Division 2 East Results.

Biggleswade Town 4-2 Langford

Brache Sparta 4-4 Ampthill Town

Kent Athletic 0-3 Biggleswade Utd

Sawbridgeworth Town 2-3 Caddington

The 61FC (Luton) 1-6 Hatfield Town

Interesting to see that Kent Athletic now seem to be getting their act together after an 8-0 loss to Hatfield Town and an 11-0 loss to us. Also Brache seem to have moved on well since their 9-1 defeat to Wodson Park the other week.

(League Table on Waders Web)

Miko, we knock up our own Pear moonshine in the water meadow barn behind the ground greenapple

The FA Grading committee came to the sticks today to inspect our ground and see how us yokels cope with the rigours of meeting the grading requirements. In what is believed to be the first FA grading for the SSML of the season did our little old wattle and daub ground pass muster? Answer on Waders Web.

Rhodes. The Biggleswade derby doesn't get my blood up as much as perhaps it should, certainly not as much as say the derby with Langford does or playing the likes of Chalfont St Peter. But I look forward to the match very much, Utd are very welcoming and it's nice to meet up with familiar faces and ex-Town players.

Wader - We're all waiting with bated breath for the match report, or your version of events anyway, you were fortunate that other results last night went very much in your favour such as Kingsbury losing and Kentish Town drawing.

Wader: I dont get onto the forum as much as I would like so excuse my late reply, yes I always found plenty of good info from those post match chats, things are going o.k and we are certainly more solid than last year (other than the week half the squad were away and Hatfield and Winslow took full advantage!)but until last night they were our only 2 league defeats, Reedy re-signed in the summer and has hit 8 goals already and the prolific Darek Jozwiak also re-signed last Friday so our fire power is looking good (Joz ended last season with 25).

The Bedford derby last night was blood and bandages and nothing in it, the general thought was a draw would be fair but fair play to them they are flying and showed respect and a touch of class following last night's win, with 3 of my lads from last season moving there it was a firey encounter with challenges flying in!!!!

I am dissappointed to see you top only on goal difference and having played 3 games more, what are the reasons for the under achieving ?? That squad of players has class throughout for step 5 and I hope that the cream rises over 40+ games.

A quick well done to Kentish Town by the way I predicted top 10 for them at the end of last season and I am pleased to see them proving thereis strength to come from the division below, I have alot of time for the club and hope they continue to impress, I will try and get to a couple of there games.

Oh and by the way so that I can justify this post on this thread.... We aren't title challengers!!!!!!!!!! doah

Oi Big Mac'Mullen, you know what I mean grin

How's it going mate? I miss the chats we had at Bedford when you returned from away fixtures.

Sorry Rhodsey I didn' mean to ignore this post, Wader got the post and I am sure you can figure it out!!!!

It was a very good win on Saturday, 4-0 after 55mins and cruising, however I am shocked at Buckingham, they are far better than 1 point and 4 goals suggests they need a result to go there way I notice another 1-0 loss last night and this seems to sum there season so far, they will rise into lower mid table I feel.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
McMullen - I don't get your post. You had a good win today, Stratford Field is never an easy place to go is it.

Nice to hear from you Big Mac. I have been following your results avidly.

Our injury crisis and revolving door is in full flow, hence a bit of inconsistencey at the moment. Last night was disappointing but perhaps on the cards. I'm sure we'll be back on top form soon. Dan Heron was suspended for 3 matches and then got tonsilitis, Bobby Dance out with a knock and other inuries ravaging the defence. We've been raiding the ressies and the lads have generally done well. But hey ho that is football.

I'll pop down and see one of your matches when we are not in action some time.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Wader - We're all waiting with bated breath for the match report, or your version of events anyway, you were fortunate that other results last night went very much in your favour such as Kingsbury losing and Kentish Town drawing.

Your bated breath can be sated by reading the match short on Waders Web front page. Later in the day no doubt Utd will have posted the video of the match on their website (or their selected highlights) and you can see the action for yourself.

Some strange results last night. Welwyn Garden City's renascent win must be the result of the week!

Wader: I hear that Keith Thomas is now at St. Neots, what other players have left since the start of the season ?

Your biggest miss must be the superb but injury hit Liam Folds,and would it be harsh to say a commanding goalkeeper (I may be way off with this as my viewing of you has been limited!)

Keith Thomas on dual signing at St Neots. Jamie Steele gone (last seen in St Neots ressies), Paul Garrett gone back to Stotfold. Kevin Randall gone through work (in France I think!).

Mark Webster now back (just, from foot injury), Liam Folds just returning now from injury along with Paul Reynolds. Nick McFarlane doing his best to get back from fractured cheekbone, Peter Gatti out with broken nose still, Bobby Dance out(leg), Aaron Springham (keeper - out through work for another 6/7 weeks), keeper we brought in from Cambridge City got a back injury, Dan Heron suspended then out with tonsilitis, the list just goes on.......

At one point 6 defenders out at same time. No complaints though, these things are sent to try the gaffer grin